Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Raketa10

Good decision. No point in paying the alleged 5M+5M now when hes free in a few months.

Agree on that. Spending 10 mil on a player who can arrive for free in 5 months is crazy. In addition to that, he is our bet for the future and not for this season so this is a smart move. Only problem is that he will be benched for the reminder of this season.

FinBarcelonafan

Agree on that. Spending 10 mil on a player who can arrive for free in 5 months is crazy. In addition to that, he is our bet for the future and not for this season so this is a smart move. Only problem is that he will be benched for the reminder of this season.

It's only five months though. Not that long time.

behindbrowneyes

The presidential candidates have agreed to bring Eric Garcia, but only for free in June. — Cat Radio

Laporta:
“Eric Garcia won't come this winter," he said. "We cannot give the managing committee a pass to make decisions like that. They explained the options and the figures and we all concluded that if he's out of contract in the summer the incoming board should decide whether to sign him.

"We assessed the player's salary and it was an operation that has to be completed with full knowledge of the club's financial situation."

It's not even a done deal for the summer, at least this is what I think after reading between the lines of what Laporta said. Looks like at least one presidential candidate isn't impressed by him.

Raketa10

It's not even a done deal for the summer, at least this is what I think after reading between the lines of what Laporta said. Looks like at least one presidential candidate isn't impressed by him.

It would be stupid not to sign him for free. Presidential candidates shouldn't assess the quality of players. Sporting director and coaching stuff should be in charge for that.

behindbrowneyes

It would be stupid not to sign him for free. Presidential candidates shouldn't assess the quality of players. Sporting director and coaching stuff should be in charge for that.

I agree on that.

According to CatalunyaRadio City wanted 8M for Garcia. Font proposed to renegotiate with City, while Laporta & Freixa believed that they should wait until the summer considering he would come for free.

cro-man

We are broke. They should act accordingly and get him for free. Its not like he is a worldclass cb and will save our lives.

vuji_31

Yeah, this guy is strong as Riqui Puig. Weak physique . I think Mingueza could be better option for future after he get more experience.

khaled_a_d

It should be the Sporting director hired by new president.
Not an interim sporting director working for interim board.

Home of Barca Fans