Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Jallo

Free or nothing, not point spending when you get both DePay and Eric free next year or half off in January.

khaled_a_d

Hes calm. Thats the difference between him and countless other young CBs like Todibo. He wont win us games, but in a functioning team you can throw him in there without worrying too much. Todibo, Mina and co always look like they could fall apart any minute.

I would definitely prefer someone more physical (Kounde, Upamecano etc pp), but we are pretty devoid of cash. Hopefully next year we have more options. We need 4 CBs anyway.

The one negative for me is that you always have the danger in Barcelona that his standing gets blown out of proportion like other La Masia boys.

While those are legit points, I think a big part is transfer fee.
I suspect we will sell Todibo for bigger fee than Eric price.
This seems like our trend since Covid, profit from Arthur/Pjanic, profit from Semedo/Dest. Most likely profit from Todibo/Garcia and Dembele/Depay.

Porque

ERIC

FCB launched 2nd offer, maintains 8 + 2 and possible entry of Rafinha

City ask for 20M and DISCARD Rafinha

The first offer was also 8 + 2 and City asked for 30M

The FCB will raise the offer in the variable format to reach 12-15

https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/1311608200286875649

Make three more offers and City will pay us 10m to take Garcia.

Man, just wait for winter market and take for less or sign from r free 6 months later.

We can get through the first half season without Eric.

Raketa10

Man, just wait for winter market and take for less or sign from r free 6 months later.

We can get through the first half season without Eric.

Even if we sign him n January he wont arrive until summer so that means entire season.

Raketa10

Pep Guardiola: "Eric Garcia? I know he wants to leave and that Barcelona want him but there is no deal between the clubs right now. How it’s going to finish I don’t know."

Koeman: "We want Eric Garcia, but there are only a few days of the market left. Hopefully we can sign him, but the economic issue is complicated."

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
To be fair, even now they don't have leverage. I suppose in the end we'll sign him for 12-15 mil.

Not convinced. On the one hand, there's probably anger over the Messi situation & on the other the drive to not appear as a feeder club considering there has been a number of academy players flying the City coop with little compensation for their efforts. Although, to be fair, Garcia spent 10 years developing here and under 3 at City where the majority was not directly under the tutelage of Pep

12-15 seems reasonable in an expiring contract but that's the upper threshold IMHO. To claim 30 is negotiating nonsense as they cannot believe they could get that even on the open market. So perhaps the breakdown over the Messi move or old wounds explains City's intransigence. For once, I think Barca are actually playing it shrewd with this move

I want the player's return & am ambivalent about the final fee but fine as well for him to run his contract out and arrive on a free

Home of Barca Fans