Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
copying my post from the EPL thread:

His physique reminds me of barca days Bartra. Great on the ball, good decision making but mediocre athletically. Someone like Vardy smokes him with his pace, someone like Dzeko would absolutely bully him. He has to put some mass on, that build is embarassing for a centerback.

That said I would still bring him. He can battle it out with Araujo for the 3rd and 4th CB positions.

Messigician

copying my post from the EPL thread:

His physique reminds me of barca days Bartra. Great on the ball, good decision making but mediocre athletically. Someone like Vardy smokes him with his pace, someone like Dzeko would absolutely bully him. He has to put some mass on, that build is embarassing for a centerback.

That said I would still bring him. He can battle it out with Araujo for the 3rd and 4th CB positions.

Bartra is very fast actually, onky thing similar is they're both weak

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Bartra is very fast actually, onky thing similar is they're both weak

saying Bartra is fast is saying like Pique is also fast. Both are true and also not really. Most centerbacks have great top speeds but slow acceleration. By the time Bartra reaches top speed, more nimble and agile players have already accelerated ages ago and dribbled past him.

xxxxxx

Based off this performance, he'd suit being shit in our defense. I know he's young and all, but he's not good enough at the moment.

I hope we wait till next season to get him for free.

FC433

I cannot believe that we are going to spend 20m on him (I think he is worth more than that, but we do not need him now).

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I’d only get him if it’s for free. Don’t spend the little money we have on an average CB.

Raketa10

No one expects from him to be a starter. FFS no one can't buy a world class CB for 15 or 18 mil. As a backup he will be ok together with Araujo. Next summer we have to go for Upamecano!

Last edited:

Laplacian

No one expects from him to be a starter. FFS no one can't buy a world class CB for 15 or 18 mil. As a backup he will be ok together with Araujo. Next summer we have to go for Upamecano!

We already have backups though? Umtiti, Todibo, Araujo...why waste 20mil on someone thats not good enough when we already have 3 CBs that arent good enough? Lmao

Raketa10

We already have backups though? Umtiti, Todibo, Araujo...why waste 20mil on someone thats not good enough when we already have 3 CBs that arent good enough? Lmao

Todibo will be sold and we are trying to get rid of Umtiti who can't play two games in a row. We'll be left only with Lenglet, Pique and Araujo FFS.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Todibo will be sold and we are trying to get rid of Umtiti who can't play two games in a row. We'll be left only with Lenglet, Pique and Araujo FFS.

Well without only Todibo, we're left with Lenglet, Pique and Araujo aswell so...

jamrock

If we don't intend on buying a truly WC defender in the summer, then we should pass on him & wait until we can get him on a free, that $18m will come in hand next year.

He needs to bulk up if he is to Because a serious defender.

Laplacian

But why? Why are getting rid of a back up who rarely plays for a 20million back up who's clearly not good enough...? Why not just keep the former and search for quality CBs when we have money?

Home of Barca Fans