Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Porque

Back to the bench son. I guess he ended the season starting to encourage him to renew, or is this a tactical move?

M3ls

No, he's just not good enough.
Now the question is: why are we ready to buy him for 23 million euros?
Because he's canterano?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No, he's just not good enough.
Now the question is: why are we ready to buy him for 23 million euros?
Because he's canterano?

23m are peanuts for a prospect like him. And homegrown. That?s a no brainer. He?s good enough for the bench.

Andresito

Staff member
Good decision.

Barcelona won't pay City's asking price for Eric Garc?a, perhaps not even half of that.
Bar?a have a big advantage, as Eric only wants to go to Bar?a. If no agreement can be reached this summer, for around 10 million euros, they will simply wait until January and try again. [md]

Messi983

I'm ok if this is our negotiating strategy. The only problem with a waiting approach is we'd only have 3 CBs for half or possibly the whole next season. I don't believe we'll manage to offload Umtiti anyway but he can't be seriously counted on to stay fit and even when he's available to play he's a big liability.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm ok if this is our negotiating strategy. The only problem with a waiting approach is we'd only have 3 CBs for half or possibly the whole next season. I don't believe we'll manage to offload Umtiti anyway but he can't be seriously counted on to stay fit and even when he's available to play he's a big liability.

There's zero chance Pep & Txiki will sit Eric until 2021 - they want to show some negotiating mettle but there are serious consequences to punishing a professional player/person who does not want to continue. It also risks creating a greater chasm between Pep & Barca, more so than his departure or pitstops abroad

Gotta believe this is simply public negotiations, once CL is over the deal will get over the line - perhaps incentive laden rather than larger up front fee

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca shouldn't pay a penny more than 10m. Why would they after what Man City sold Leroy Sane for?

Home of Barca Fans