Jandro Orellana

JamDav1982

I hope this great group of players including Jandro, Miranda, Morey, Riqui, and Busquets have shown incredible commitment to the club. I hope they are all rewarded with opportunities with the first team as soon as possible. This kids could have left for easy money. They didn’t, now it is the clubs turn to show some loyalty to these kids.

Morey has not renewed and has a year left.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Morey has not renewed and has a year left.

Will apparently renew soon. If he sticks around his way to the 1st team and even a potential starting spot might be the easiest if he keep developing the way he is.

Dearth of talent in the FB position almost everywhere.

tacticvarium

Orellana is a good player, but I'm so disgusted with how this Navid guy always overrates every single La Masia players.

messi1995

Joan Laporta: Hopefully yes. Jandro is also a baller and I see a mix of Busi and Xavk when he's playing.

Tacticvarium: I guess he says they are talented because La masia producing ridiculous many talents. For Spain first team we have given them many from la masia, and for youth teams we have most players in the squad. There is a reason for the hype because they are so gooood. But ofc we have to wait and see if they can reach the first team.

khaled_a_d

Orellana is a good player, but I'm so disgusted with how this Navid guy always overrates every single La Masia players.

The reason for that because he (and others, since airfutbol days) only watches the youth games and players of one team. So he will always see the standouts there and think they are elite.
The truth is, non of the internet guys watch other youth tournaments of other teams, how many of those dou think have an idea of 15 or 18 years old exciting prospects in Gijon? Sociedad ? what about Pobla de Segur? CD San Isidro? Jàbac Terrassa? The last 3 clubs produced Puyol/Pedro/Busquets and we got them at the age of 17 (they were technically professional players at that age). what about other young prospects in Santos? Riverplat? Boca? Brescia? Mokawloon? Lyon etc?
Scouts watch players of those ages in all different places, they have seen it all. That is why a guy like Carles Rexach would understand the importance of getting someone like Messi, because he has seen it all and that other youngster on our side won't be as good.
I think if social media was as dominant as it was in 2005 people would have slaughtered the board when we got Busquets while having an exciting prospect like Marc Crosas , or Pedro while having Jeffren
At the end, this is why a scout gets paid by clubs while this is more or less a free job for social media guys

Messi983

After getting limited minutes at the start of the season he became a starting DM in last two months and should play even more now than Sarsanedas is injured again. Doing quite well from what I've seen.

ajnotkeith

Missed the match. Could you comment on the rest of the players performances?

Thanks.

Other than Jandro, Guillem Jaime, Rodado and Ferran Jutgla (the 'B' reinforcements) played well and were the biggest reasons we won the game but from the younger players, Alvaro Sanz really impressed me again. A quiet and reliable player who doesn't stand out but is really intelligent and versatile (A natural pivot but plays fullback and even CB if needed). In fact, he really reminds me of Roberto lol. Nowhere near the first-team radar but if we have a injury crisis there, who knows, he could come through.

Arnau Tenas made a shocking error from a backpass, he's been playing really bad in the few games so far, but Comas had some culpability for it for giving him a unnecessary pass in a tight space (A player that hasn't really been impressing me so far either to be honest. At 21 one of the older ones so at this point has gotta stand out. Trained with the first-team last week too but hasn't been called up so far).

https://twitter.com/esport3/status/1441479005677359107

Last edited:

Porque

Other than Jandro, Guillem Jaime, Rodado and Ferran Jutgla (the 'B' reinforcements) played well and were the biggest reasons we won the game but from the younger players, Alvaro Sanz really impressed me again. A quiet and reliable player who doesn't stand out but is really intelligent and versatile (A natural pivot but plays fullback and even CB if needed). In fact, he really reminds me of Roberto lol. Nowhere near the first-team radar but if we have a injury crisis there, who knows, he could come through.

Arnau Tenas made a shocking error from a backpass, he's been playing really bad in the few games so far, but Comas had some culpability for it for giving him a unnecessary pass in a tight space (A player that hasn't really been impressing me so far either to be honest. At 21 one of the older ones so at this point has gotta stand out. Trained with the first-team last week too but hasn't been called up so far).

https://twitter.com/esport3/status/1441479005677359107

Thanks.

How was Abde? What do you make of him.

ajnotkeith

Thanks.

How was Abde? What do you make of him.

Abde had last minute adductor issue but so far, he looks to have pretty good potential. Pacy 1v1 winger who gives the team a lot of width and can get crosses and shots into the box. Barjuan hasn't given him much minutes so I can't evaluate his game fully but I think his weakness is associative play, covering his flank defensively/marking, movement etc, pro level aspects in which he can complete his game with experience at Barca B. But at the core level he has a great 1v1, pace and pretty strong too.

Looks very built/filled-out and 'old' for his age. Looks to have the pro strength players like Peque, Demir etc really miss.

Home of Barca Fans