Lliga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilarrubi

Definitely harder than expected. New manager.. and teams don't tend to be so complacent after a defeat like 7-0 last time.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
A must win as I can see us struggling away to Deportivo in the midweek. Real Madrid won their game and is only 1 point behind. If someone told me that a couple of weeks ago I would've fainted.

Devils

I just can't see us losing 3 La Liga games in a row.

But then again with the diva attitude our team has adopted of late, I wouldn't put is past them.

Just win, please.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I started to type "fatigued, not diva" but then realized they are fatigued because they are divas that throw tantrums when benched for their own good.

Just look at Iniesta. Guy who won everything with Barca and Spain and still accepts running for Neymar and Messi who are both younger than him, plays more defensive and never complains when benched.

Therle

Honestly, even if we don't win La Liga this season. I will still be greatfull for the some of the best football i have ever seen this season. But it will be a bit overshaved by the huge dip in form. I don't care how much we win. It's how we win. Bring it back.

serghei

Yea, a bit sad a team we beat 4-0 on their home ground this season is in the CL semifinal, and us aren't. But as I said, that's the competition. You play a bad game against the wrong team, you're out. Imagine Real Madrid playing the game they did vs. Wolfsburg on Calderon and losing 0-2. They would be out just like that, there's no "remontada".

Bayern, another example, should have already been out when they played a poor game vs Juventus at home, but they were lucky that Juve scored 3 goals, and the ref. allowed only 2.

In CL this season, no team is playing great. All of them have problems. Real lost 2-0 to Wolfsburg, Atletico barely qualified vs PSV, Bayern went through with some outrageous calls from the ref (clear pen. for Juve in the first leg, and legit goal in the 2nd), us hit a poor period at the wrong time, PSG is a mess with injuries, City is having an awful season in Premier League etc. etc.

The difference is we payed for our mistakes, while others were lucky to get away with them, because of various reasons (none of those reasons that depended on them, i.e. major luck with the draws or key decisions at key moments from the referees).

Last edited:

mazp

Yea, a bit sad a team we beat 4-0 on their home ground this season is in the CL semifinal, and us aren't. But as I said, that's the competition. You play a bad game against the wrong team, you're out. Imagine Real Madrid playing the game they did vs. Wolfsburg on Calderon and losing 0-2. They would be out just like that, there's no "remontada".

Bayern, another example, should have already been out when they played a poor game vs Juventus at home, but they were lucky that Juve scored 3 goals, and the ref. allowed only 2.

In CL this season, no team is playing great. All of them have problems. Real lost 2-0 to Wolfsburg, Atletico barely qualified vs PSV, Bayern went through with some outrageous calls from the ref (clear pen. for Juve in the first leg, and legit goal in the 2nd), us hit a poor period at the wrong time, PSG is a mess with injuries, City is having an awful season in Premier League etc. etc.

The difference is we payed for our mistakes, while others were lucky to get away with them, because of various reasons (none of those reasons that depended on them, i.e. major luck with the draws or key decisions at key moments from the referees).

Also those teams didn't have the schedule from hell either.. Looking back, man that was a brutal stretch of games. Villarreal, break, Madrid, Atleti, R.Sociedad away, Atleti, Valencia. No time for rotations at all.

If only we didn't hit this slump, we would have had a great shot at retaining the treble. Such a waste :cry:

Devils

Lol I have a terrible feeling about tomorrow...

Good lord the with the pressure I'm feeling about this game you would think we are facing relegation.

Altomonte

Let's be positive. We will be at home and somewhat rested. I hope we score the first goal and then calm down and play our game.

Jaguar

Flair Trait

I agree, the CL is always like that, with a bit of luck we could have ended the tie in the first leg, and if we came out with the right attitude in scoring the first goal at the Calderon and not being so timid we'd probably have found ourselves in the last 4, even while playing far from our best, this is football though. La Liga and Copa del Rey will still be an awesome season. Let's finally play like Barca tomorrow lads :)

Pepe Silvia

Date: April 17, 2016, 20:30 CET​

I realize everyone is still bummed out about Champions League exit but Barca still has a lot to play for.
Path on winning domestic double starts this weekend with Valencia at Camp Nou :)
Definitely still bummed out. We need a big result from the boys tomorrow. Big result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans