Lliga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçaBarça

Really bad result, I hope it doesn't affect the team too much. We could have won, we are not playing like we are totally doomed and have no chance of winning the league - of course we have just as good a chance as ATM (or RM) has of making a surprise win in the end.

Sad thing that we play already at Wednesday, I just realized that today. We clearly are super-tired and a rest-week would do miracles, but apparently we have to fight this trophy home every f****** match, because ATM never lose points.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
If it wasn't for a brilliant performance by Diego Alves in the Valencia goal, we would've crushed them. However our overall peformance was terrible and the whole team looks fatigued.

We need to make a few signings in the summer to freshen things up and our top target should be a centre back. A central midfielder and a forward wouldn't go a miss neither.

FinBarcelonafan

If it wasn't for a brilliant performance by Diego Alves in the Valencia goal, we would've crushed them. However our overall peformance was terrible and the whole team looks fatigued.

We need to make a few signings in the summer to freshen things up and our top target should be a centre back. A central midfielder and a forward wouldn't go a miss neither.

Yep. Our lack of quality from bench is unbelievable. Where are our promising junior players? Exactly, we dont have any.. We have one of the best starting 11, but after that it's quiet.

Gaudi

I don't understand, whenever you put promising kid in football manager games it works great, in real life it doesn't. Something is wrong with real life.

Devils

Waking up today, are officially the laughing stock of the football world.

So much is wrong with this squad and it was all masked for a long time by our starting XI. Now, we are exposed.

BigBarcaBoy

Waking up today, are officially the laughing stock of the football world.

So much is wrong with this squad and it was all masked for a long time by our starting XI. Now, we are exposed.

let them laugh, let them hate, most of it is based on jealousy

JackaL

There are enough futbolistas in this squad that can make the difference, show character and step up when it is needed. Messi, Iniesta, even Neymar and Suarez. Let's hope we get our shit together, although I know it is near impossible...!

Total-Football

atletico and madrid are going to drop points.. its just not both of em thats the problem.. im rooting for atletico to win their last 5 games.. if we dont win our 5 let it be them

serghei

A lot depends on the games vs Deportivo and Betis. At home we will make 6/6 probably, I have no worries about those two games, vs Gijon and Espanyol. And I also don't think we'll lose the title on the last game of the season, vs Granada.

Deportivo and Betis are the thoughes games for me. A win at Deportivo would be solid gold right now. A loss is fatal imho.

BerkeleyBernie

You could get the feeling of the team being cursed :)

Whatever one has to criticize about yesterday, Barça should have won that match easily.
Valencia got extremely lucky and Diego Alves played one of his best matches and our guys just seemed to be cursed to not be able to get the ball into the net in all those clear cut situations.

A 4-1 would have a been an average result for the amount of chances in that game but Barça rather lost 1-2.
Now shit happens, but after that bad run they already had (though mostly by own faults) this is bitter.

At least they tried very hard yesterday and they should keep playing with as much heart for the rest of the season. While the league is a rather open affair again now we're still favorites to win it. So the boys should take care to do it and not just give up yet.

I only watched the highlights, but it looked like Barça had a boatload of chances and shots on goal, with some good saves. Played more like a blowout than a loss. Shit happens.

Cool

I've been lurking the forums for quite a while now, great bunch of members, I'm not the type to post alot, I just like to read. However, while I was in class today discussing the loss with a fellow Barca fan, he brought up what if Bielsa took over next season.

Now, I respect Lucho and I would give him another season, he's the one that brought us the treble, the recent loss streak is on the whole team, not just Luis, that is the way I see it, the bench has to be one of the weakest for a top team, the fans here set such a high standard for Arda and his recent performances with us aren't helping (I think he was one of the few who played a good game versus Atletico).

Anyways, would Barca do well under Bielsa, we've seen how his Athletic Bilbao team performed under him, high pressing to get the ball back. Now, the bigger question is, would he cope with the current board, I don't think so.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I've been lurking the forums for quite a while now, great bunch of members, I'm not the type to post alot, I just like to read. However, while I was in class today discussing the loss with a fellow Barca fan, he brought up what if Bielsa took over next season.

Now, I respect Lucho and I would give him another season, he's the one that brought us the treble, the recent loss streak is on the whole team, not just Luis, that is the way I see it, the bench has to be one of the weakest for a top team, the fans here set such a high standard for Arda and his recent performances with us aren't helping (I think he was one of the few who played a good game versus Atletico).

Anyways, would Barca do well under Bielsa, we've seen how his Athletic Bilbao team performed under him, high pressing to get the ball back. Now, the bigger question is, would he cope with the current board, I don't think so.

He'd not get along with most of the team and it'd probably end in a huge disaster.

Cool

I think he'd get along with Messi and the rest of the team maybe just not Neymar, we'll never know :D

jairzinho

Jorge Sampaoli would be the ultimate choice, if ever Lucho or the club decides in a change of direction. He has the same or similar philosophy as Bielsa but is better with dealing with players, and would not cause a problem in the dressing room or with the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans