Lliga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Cal

i see what u are saying and i understand.. but i slighly disagree.. the counters against us in pep'sfirst three years occured far less frequently.. eto prime messi and henry pressed immediately and aggressively so the transition of the opponent was -in most cases- innacurate and only ledto counter once or twice during the whole game.. right no there is no pressing up front (suarez try tho) therefor more transitions (too many) lead to organised dangerous counters.. in that regard no.. defense is not a 3 men job as you concluded your comment.. its a 11's men job.

3 men in terms of positioning, obviously they all have their jobs.

And man, you've got to stop comparing this team to Pep's. They're very different. Almost none of the player have the same role as they did. That team centered on the midfield, this one on the front 3. If you look at how we beat Rayo, we sat deep and picked them off with long balls. Admittedly not a particularly good side, but we couldn't of done that under Pep. If we stuck to the line of Pep/Tito/Tata line we were going on, we wouldn't have won the treble last year. We were in a culture-clash and needed to change. It's undoubtedly been a success.

Total-Football

3 men in terms of positioning, obviously they all have their jobs.

And man, you've got to stop comparing this team to Pep's. They're very different. Almost none of the player have the same role as they did. That team centered on the midfield, this one on the front 3. If you look at how we beat Rayo, we sat deep and picked them off with long balls. Admittedly not a particularly good side, but we couldn't of done that under Pep. If we stuck to the line of Pep/Tito/Tata line we were going on, we wouldn't have won the treble last year. We were in a culture-clash and needed to change. It's undoubtedly been a success.

i understand what you are saying.. and as barca fan i dont like abondoning our way of playing football.. it hurts me to watch bayern adopting our system and applying it better than us.. ( semi final every year ).. there is no divas in the team.. everybody works hard without the ball ( like barca 2009-2011).. now is our new system centered on msn a success ? .. i think only time will tell.. because a year is not enough material for me to judge . i ll leave the evaluation to the end of next year (3 rd season)

barcanuck

We just aren't fresh and Lucho refuses to go to the likes of Verms who was amazing in first couple of months. How about taking the Don out clearly he can't play 3 games in a row every 3 days. Roberto should of been in midfield later on and Alves subbed in. Munir must sub in for a midfielder and help the msn.

J

Jamie Cal

i understand what you are saying.. and as barca fan i dont like abondoning our way of playing football.. it hurts me to watch bayern adopting our system and applying it better than us.. ( semi final every year ).. there is no divas in the team.. everybody works hard without the ball ( like barca 2009-2011).. now is our new system centered on msn a success ? .. i think only time will tell.. because a year is not enough material for me to judge . i ll leave the evaluation to the end of next year (3 rd season)

I don't think we're "abandoning" it, it was just in need of a tweak aka Suarez. And last year the whole team defending wasn't a problem because we were fit enough to do so. Every single game Suarez' thread would be full of praise for his workrate, he leaves every striker in the world in the dust for that, but you couldn't say that about him lately (his workrate I mean, he's still been the best striker in the world this season).

We worked hard without the ball plenty last season and for long periods of this season, the problem is....we did it too much to the point we're an exhausted team! :lol:

As for how it's worked out -- true, you have to look at it in a few years, but already the first season it's been better than the last 2 managers and we could very well do a double this year, let alone supercup + world cup. Retaining the double has only been done twice EVER. By Bilbao in the 30's, and Barca in the 50's. It's a huge feat that even Pep didn't do.

Slickz

Why Roberto started at RB let alone continue to play there confuses me. He was average all game and contributed nothing going forward. Look how many times Alba got forward in comparison. If Vidal or Alves was on the other side you think that could have helped. Missed a huge trick there.

And to Alba, when he got into the box and he had Suarez to pass to which looked easier than harder to pick him out, he somehow passed it to another player. It was almost as if the team were doing there best not to score.

Last edited:

Sasuke85

No matter what people said, I still believe the main reason behind all these bad performances is fatigue.

It can be seen clearly that although today we have lost, we have played much better than previous games.

From now on, we only have to fight for one title. We have plenty of time to rest. I strongly believe we will win it :)

utility73

You could get the feeling of the team being cursed :)

Whatever one has to criticize about yesterday, Barça should have won that match easily.
Valencia got extremely lucky and Diego Alves played one of his best matches and our guys just seemed to be cursed to not be able to get the ball into the net in all those clear cut situations.

A 4-1 would have a been an average result for the amount of chances in that game but Barça rather lost 1-2.
Now shit happens, but after that bad run they already had (though mostly by own faults) this is bitter.

At least they tried very hard yesterday and they should keep playing with as much heart for the rest of the season. While the league is a rather open affair again now we're still favorites to win it. So the boys should take care to do it and not just give up yet.

Kuchi

The league is lost, we won't win on Wednesday, there is no chance. MSN is totally out of it, our midfield is tired and our defense, well it's crap not to mention Pique is suspended.

At this point I am preparing for the worst, without the league or UCL and a shameful year altogether.

What hurts as a motherfucker, is that we won 4-0 on Bernabeu and had a record breaking undefeated streak, but it was all pissed away.

Last edited:

Sasuke85

Even if we win 0 trophy this season, I still want Lucho to stay. After all, he is one of the most successful coaches in Barca's history. You cannot sack him just because of one bad season.

Not to mention he was also a great Barca's captain, a true Barca's fan.

The man deserves at least one more year contract.

raskolnikov

We need to win at Riazor. I think last nights win was unlucky bit thats football, sometimes murphy's law applies.
We need to win 5 times to be champions, as simple as that. Wednesday is our most difficult game left and we wont have Pique.
We really need a boost in morale. Every game is a mist win from now, if we dont win 5 in a row we are not worthy of becoming champions and ot will be the biggest bottlejob I have seen since bayer in 02.

BigBarcaBoy

Had a terrible dream last night, dreamt that barca had 1 point from 4 liga games and had been knocked out of the cl.Phew, what a scary night

Kuchi

Just love our speech :

Lose to real - tough UCL fixture coming, still have a commanding lead we're ok

Lose at anoeta - tough ground, still have a good lead

Lose in UCL - at least we have a good lead in la Liga with the cup final coming

Lose at Valencia - we're still first, tied at points but we're still favorites to win the league

Draw at deportivo - this was a tough game, if we win our matches we should still be champions and real and atletico have ucl duties

.....until La liga is lost

Might as well support Bayern, they always win domestically :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans