Lliga | Round 32: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad

Must win game. Lose here and the deficit will be cut to just 3 points. We can't afford to give both Athleti and Real any type of motivation for the league, seeing that both are gonna be out of Europe after this week. :D

this :)

Galning

Front three looks exhausted. Suarez is suspended? Good. Hope Neymar and Messi are able to get some rest too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, can't quite understand these "must win" comments.
Why do we have this point cushion then if we won't use it to rest some key players ahead of the return leg vs. Atlético.

F

Flavia

Yeah, can't quite understand these "must win" comments.
Why do we have this point cushion then if we won't use it to rest some key players ahead of the return leg vs. Atlético.

The cushion is not that big anymore. Losing vs rm was a bit of a blow to it. Losing or drawing at Anoeta will put an unecessary pressure in the remaining liga matches. Not many players look to need a rest. Messi and Rakitic look the most tired, and at least for Rakitic there are options.

Total-Football

if only Lucho Rest Neymar and brings him in second half .. we need a super sharp Neymar against atletico .. as for Messi .. no need to rest, the guy doesnt run so that's one of the few benefits of not running much .. no need to rest. also rest iniesta

Neymessi

How can so many people want to go full strength? Yes the league will get closer if we drop points but even if we manage to win with full strength and tire players even more then we face an even bigger risk at calderon. Even if we lose which will not necessarily happen,we will still effectively be 4 points clear of atletico because of head to head with 6 games to go and we won't be facing any one of the madrid teams.

The idea is to minimize the risk for calderon and if we drop points against sociedad in the process then we can cover them up later after players are back in full form and fitness.

Last edited:

vlad

How can so many people want to go full strength? Yes the league will get closer if we drop points but even if we manage to win with full strength and tire players even more then we face an even bigger risk at calderon. Even if we lose which will not necessarily happen,we will still effectively be 4 points clear of atletico because of head to head with 6 games to go and we won't be facing any one the madrid teams.

The idea is to minimize the risk for calderon and if we drop points against sociedad in the process then we can cover them up later after players are back in full form and fitness.
i think its much bigger risk to put everything on CL, and let atletico and real close the gap, because la liga is much closer to win, nobody can convice me that barca will go past atletico 100%, worst scenario, out of CL and +3 points from atletico and +4 from real and 6 matches to play, yes, la liga should be priority.

edit: team is already tired and doesnt look strong as last year in this period, risk everything for defending CL title its not a smart move, as i said, losing points against sociedad could put team under alot of pressure.

Last edited:

Neymessi

i think its much bigger risk to put everything on CL, and let atletico and real close the gap, because la liga is much closer to win, nobody can convice me that barca will go past atletico 100%, worst scenario, out of CL and +3 points from atletico and +4 from real and 6 matches to play, yes, la liga should be priority.

I couldn't have disagreed more.

F

Flavia

It doesn't need to be full strength, but resting Messi or Neymar now is not the best idea. Busi and Iniesta had two weeks of rest as well. Rakitic is the one who could be rested, and Iniesta doesn't need to play the whole game, but it wouldn't be wise at all to take la liga for granted. Barça play after rm and atletico, so we'll already be under a lot of pressure if they win their games. Or not, if somehow they drop points.

edit: team is already tired and doesnt look strong as last year in this period, risk everything for defending CL title its not a smart move, as i said, losing points against sociedad could put team under alot of pressure.

Many think CL should be priority. Just a few value la liga as it deserves. CL is still in quarter finals, risking the league for that would really be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans