Lucho: "We enjoy challenges"

iniesta_8

After the Athletico-game it seems to me NO, this team don't like to give everything on the pitch. They just want to win the easy way without running and figthing too much.

I wish we had a coach like Simeone!

mazp

After the Athletico-game it seems to me NO, this team don't like to give everything on the pitch. They just want to win the easy way without running and figthing too much.

I wish we had a coach like Simeone!

Out of curiosity did you want Simeone last season when Atleti finished 3rd and trophyless? Or a month ago when the team was in the middle of an unbeaten streak?

iniesta_8

Out of curiosity did you want Simeone last season when Atleti finished 3rd and trophyless? Or a month ago when the team was in the middle of an unbeaten streak?

I said I want a coach LIKE Simeone..

Someone that can make the players give 100% in every game. But I'm aware that this is probaly much harder at Barca, because our player are superstars, some of them even think they are unbenchable.. Thats's what we need to change imo..

Devils

We have a coach like Simeone.

Lucho had Barca firing on all cylinders for 1 whole year straight from Jan 2015-Feb 2016 before experiencing burnout/collapse. That's about as good as you can hope for.

Simeone's teams have collapsed/burned out before as well. They are peaking at the right time this season though.

Kuchi

When browsing aggravated through the forum, saw this headline and made my day...I bet Lucho really enjoyed the challenge of pissing away our season, cause he dam sure made a good job out of it

#rantweek

Altomonte

I have two comments regarding Lucho versus Simeone:
1. Lucho made a big mistake when he challenged the football gods by bragging that his team was the best, telling that he was only afraid of Barça but that there was zero chance his team would face Barça. Lesson: Hubris never a good idea!
2. Simeone seems to be able to prepare his team such that they get out of the starting blocks at top speed and dominate the first 20 minutes, even against Barça. Lucho must find a way to counter this strategy! Atletico always score the first goal, and then they can afford to sit back and do what they do best - DEFEND! In addition, he must have a secret way to turn GK'so into Superman: both Courtois and Oblak turned into amazing performers under Simeone.

Home of Barca Fans