Suarez rescues Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Suarez two 2nd half goals gave the Catalans a vital win in a 2-1 comeback victory over 10-man Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal.

x4gaz7.jpg

Here's what Barca hero of the night said after the match:

"It was a difficult game from the start, knowing the strategy of Atletico."
"We could have scored another goal. The important thing is we won and they will need to score a goal there [in the second leg]."

Torres sending off

"Obviously a sending off in the first will affect the game, even more when it's a great player."
"Everyone knows his quality, but he made two heavy fouls. It was a pity -- I would have liked to come back with 11."

On his game

"We knew there would be not much space, and I needed to stay close to the area to convert what I could."
"I had the luck to score twice, but that's why I am here, to help the team."

Return leg

"The return will be a similar game to today's".
"But we are relaxed as they will be obliged to [come out to] win the game. If we score one, they will have to score two."

bismp

Posting to get rid of the 666 post count :p

The match left a bad taste to my mouth because i feel that we should have score a third goal to feel safer going to the Calderon.The shitty ref didn't help either.

The tie is as open as it can get.We only have a slight advantage

Yannik

Why would you want to get rid of that 666 post count?
I'll definitely go for the 1896 post count, then retire from Barcaforum and spend the rest of my life in Caffee Catalonia, discussing women tastes with catalinutz.

Home of Barca Fans