CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
how about winning like 10 straight la liga games until the draw at Villarreal?

At the Camp Nou we're pretty much unbeatable in the league against any team other than Real and Atletico. Many of those games we didn't even have to try. For the other games, mostly magic by Messi. Sevilla and Atletico at home. Malaga, Gijon, Eibar etc. away. Then we had the really close games that could've gone either way against Las Palmas, Levante etc.

bismp

Yes, that's why I said we need to show a proper response. Until I see that I'm only somewhat worried. If we show the same lack of "oomph" against Atletico as we did yesterday, then there is real reason to be concerned. We've played a lot of matches this season, with a lot of traveling. Even with good rotations that sort of thing can zap the energy out of any squad.

Yeah,but you previously said that you would be ecstatic if we won Liga+CDR.

I think that what most people are anxious for is the CL.It isn't sure we were going to win it even in top form.But with this display,there is very slim chance we can make it.One of the key reasons no team has managed to do back to back in the "modern CL" era,is that there are simply too many matches throughout the season and naturally the players become exhausted both physically and mentally.

So,let's say that we continue playing like this.I think that one way or another,the Liga is 99% ours.We have a +6/+7 point lead,which is translated to +7/+8 points,because of the aggregate results.To lose the title we have to lose two games and draw one.This would be really difficult,as we mostly have easy matches that even the out of shape MSN can handle.In the meanwhile,the two Madrid teams have to win every single game,while also playing for the CL semifinals(assuming Atleti beats us).And they also have harder schedules ahead.So,all in all,it would be one of the biggest chokes in history.

As for the CDR,it is one game against a team that has played really well against us in all three encounters this season,but i think that the players will give everything they 've got in the final.

TL;DR
-If we continue like this,we are going to get knocked out by Atleti,but at least the Liga is 99% ours+ we are big favorites for the CDR
-If the team can get its form back,we will get the domestic double and we have a shot at CL
-If we can replicate last year's April-June form,treble is ours :barcaflag:

It's not just this one game, though. There's been plenty of signs to what was coming over the last month or so. Stop with the ridiculing too. I just say what I see and don't claim to be sitting here with the truth like many other members on here. I've said it plenty of times that I think our team looks fatigued recently and I'm yet to see anything to prove me wrong.

You exaggerate, or overly focus on the negative things, which you nearly always do. I think it's a widely shared opinion at this point :lol: and a legit reason for some light mocking.
You probably don't do this on purpose, but for example this
Losing the league with the lead we had with so few games remaining will possibly be remembered as one of the biggest chokes in the history of football.
literally means we have lost the league, and the only thing that's uncertain is whether it will be remembered as one of the biggest football failures. Probably not what you meant, but what you wrote nonetheless. Use "would" next time ;). It's a recurring trend.

You're not malicious and react well to criticism so i don't mean to come off an asshole but it is what it is

Whether there is a basis for concerns (there is of course) isn't really relevant. There are more constructive ways of debating those then jumping on gloomy scenarios no ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So UEFA want both of the teams to play with their 2nd kit to improve visibility for the referee and the fans lol

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You probably don't do this on purpose, but for example this literally means we have lost the league, and the only thing that's uncertain is whether it will be remembered as one of the biggest football failures. Probably not what you meant, but what you wrote nonetheless. Use "would" next time ;). It's a recurring trend.
I don't want to go further with this as it's taking up too much space in this thread, but we're all different and I can see and respect your points. No need for the additional grammar nazi BS, though. That's pretty low and does no good. It's what you see in cancerous YouTube comments. It should still be perfectly possible to read and understand and certainly not a recurring trend on my part even though that's probably not what you meant.

So UEFA want both of the teams to play with their 2nd kit to improve visibility for the referee and the fans lol

Why not. Can't say i'll miss them horizontal stripes for one game.
[MENTION=12590]ThwiX[/MENTION] I used that as an illustration of your (negative) mindset, not for the kicks, so it's really not what you described. Also something you just wrote so.. I'm not a robot but your wording is in line with your mindset man. But yea let's leave it there, it's not that important anyway.

Last edited:

barcafan161

At the Camp Nou we're pretty much unbeatable in the league against any team other than Real and Atletico. Many of those games we didn't even have to try. For the other games, mostly magic by Messi. Sevilla and Atletico at home. Malaga, Gijon, Eibar etc. away. Then we had the really close games that could've gone either way against Las Palmas, Levante etc.

Thats part of club football

This isn't FIFA on easy mode you know...can't expect 5-0 wins every week.

Punkmaster

Interesting stats/theory when Barca, Athletico,Real met any of the other two among them in UCL knockouts

* Barca met Real 4 times in Europeans knockouts 1959-60, 2001-02 which they won the tie and Ucl cups. In 2010-11 Barca won it and in 1960-61 Barca defeated real in semis and lost final to benfica
* Athletico met Real 3 times in UCL knockouts 1958-59, 2013-14 which Real won and in 2014-15 real won the tie but Barca won the UCL
*Barca met athletico in 2013-14 in which Athletico won the tie and Real won the trophy

Barca will meet Athletico again this year if theory works, this time also there will spanish champions mostly. Hopefully its Barca

F

Flavia

I'm a bit worried about this game. I trust this team, but the 52 matches played are beginning to show their toll on the players. Winning lliga and cdr after a treble will be a huge feat on its own, although I think most fans only care about the CL. But this one will be harder to get.

JamDav1982

I'm a bit worried about this game. I trust this team, but the 52 matches played are beginning to show their toll on the players. Winning lliga and cdr after a treble will be a huge feat on its own, although I think most fans only care about the CL. But this one will be harder to get.

The squad has been rotated a lot, there cant be that many of them that have played 52 games.

Suarez and Neymar played the most at a guess.

barcanuck

The squad has been rotated a lot, there cant be that many of them that have played 52 games.

Suarez and Neymar played the most at a guess.

Yeah it would of been so sweet if we could of rotated just a tiny bit against Real in hindsight. If we were to lose anyway, I would of loved for Roberto to take Dani's place and Verms instead of Masche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans