User Tag List

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 860

Thread: CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Kohe321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    I see no logic in thinking our team didn't go all out yesterday. They knew that if we lost they now HAVE to win at the Anoeta for the first time in years. Failing to do so will put extreme pressure on us with our rivals right back up our necks having lost 7-8 points over three consecutive games. Losing the league with the lead we had with so few games remaining will possibly be remembered as one of the biggest chokes in the history of football.

    For the game against Atletico, not very optimistic. I think we're done this season. Tired, exhausted, flat batteries etc.
    If they beat us, I hope they can go on and get their revenge. Stop Real Madrid from lucking their way to another CL.
    Even though I don't share your pessimistic view that we're done this season, I see the points you're making. I am also worried that the players might be nearing "empty", as I neither see any excuse for the drop in intensity we showed in the second half yesterday.

    They need to show a proper response on Tuesday, if not I'll also be really concerned ahead of the Anoeta game. As you say, if we lose that one the pressure will be huge.
    Last edited by Kohe321; 3rd April 2016 at 02:31 PM.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    bismp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    I see no logic in thinking our team didn't go all out yesterday. They knew that if we lost they now HAVE to win at the Anoeta for the first time in years. Failing to do so will put extreme pressure on us with our rivals right back up our necks having lost 7-8 points over three consecutive games. Losing the league with the lead we had with so few games remaining will possibly be remembered as one of the biggest chokes in the history of football.

    For the game against Atletico, not very optimistic. I think we're done this season. Tired, exhausted, flat batteries etc.
    If they beat us, I hope they can go on and get their revenge. Stop Real Madrid from lucking their way to another CL. Worst of all, stop that piece of shit that's been statpadding against bad defences and outshone by his friends up front all season from winning another undeserved Ballon d'Or.
    Things aren't looking good,but let's see how we will play the next 3 extremely crucial games before jumping into any conclusion
    The official Barcaforum 2016/17 MotM thread

    "At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

    Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

    Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

    Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

  3. #18
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    I see no logic in thinking our team didn't go all out yesterday. They knew that if we lost they now HAVE to win at the Anoeta for the first time in years. Failing to do so will put extreme pressure on us with our rivals right back up our necks having lost 7-8 points over three consecutive games. Losing the league with the lead we had with so few games remaining will possibly be remembered as one of the biggest chokes in the history of football.

    For the game against Atletico, not very optimistic. I think we're done this season. Tired, exhausted, flat batteries etc.
    If they beat us, I hope they can go on and get their revenge. Stop Real Madrid from lucking their way to another CL. Worst of all, stop that piece of shit that's been statpadding against bad defences and outshone by his friends up front all season from winning another undeserved Ballon d'Or.
    what a stupid attuide to have, by that stupid logic we have lost for the first time in 6 months means we are done?

    the CL is more important at this stage because 6 points is still a big gap that is very unlikely to be caught.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Kohe321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan161 View Post
    what a stupid attuide to have, by that stupid logic we have lost for the first time in 6 months means we are done?

    the CL is more important at this stage because 6 points is still a big gap that is very unlikely to be caught.
    Calm down. The fact that it's the first loss in 6 months is beside the point, but the factors surrounding the loss and the flacid display we made is absolutely reason for concern. We were starting to show signs of exhaustion and complacency before the international break, and we kept that trend up yesterday.

    I agree saying we are "done" is way too pessimistic, but it's not like there is no reason for concern either.

  5. #20
    Best midfielder around
    ThwiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,091
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan161 View Post
    what a stupid attuide to have, by that stupid logic we have lost for the first time in 6 months means we are done?
    We have been looking done for quite some time now. We haven't been playing well at all recently and had some stupid luck in many of our games too. Not to mention bailed out by individual brilliance from mostly Messi, especially in the recent big games against Arsenal and Atletico.
    There's been plenty of signs of exhaustion etc. as I can see many people agreeing with me on. Just too many games and not enough reliable players to rotate with.
    Last edited by ThwiX; 3rd April 2016 at 02:47 PM.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    vlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    I see no logic in thinking our team didn't go all out yesterday. They knew that if we lost they now HAVE to win at the Anoeta for the first time in years. Failing to do so will put extreme pressure on us with our rivals right back up our necks having lost 7-8 points over three consecutive games. Losing the league with the lead we had with so few games remaining will possibly be remembered as one of the biggest chokes in the history of football.

    For the game against Atletico, not very optimistic. I think we're done this season. Tired, exhausted, flat batteries etc.
    If they beat us, I hope they can go on and get their revenge. Stop Real Madrid from lucking their way to another CL. Worst of all, stop that piece of shit that's been statpadding against bad defences and outshone by his friends up front all season from winning another undeserved Ballon d'Or.
    what is done? in copa del rey final, with 6 points from atletico and 7 from real with better h2h score, 7 matches to go, so in case of leveled points, barca is ahead. Atletico match ahead, so even if barca is tired, does atletico look impressive enough? or any else team in CL? would you consider this season a failure if they dont go in CL final but win la liga and maybe copa del rey? i woud not, that would be still great season.

  7. #22
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thwix is so negative and fickle that he sounds just like a troll anytime something doesn't work out.

    You basically can't write off this team after one game, you just can't.
    Sure, let's be concerned. But not on Thwix's terms. Those belong to the Negative Thinking Culè thread where they would top most of what is there for banter... lol.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Kohe321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win the league and CDR I'll be ecstatic! That would be a fantastic season.

    Winning the CL twice in a row is enormously difficult, and would be something truly special that would make this team even more legendary than what it already is, but it's not really something I start thinking about before we make it to the semifinals, if we get there.
    Last edited by Kohe321; 3rd April 2016 at 03:02 PM.

  9. #24
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohe321 View Post
    Calm down. The fact that it's the first loss in 6 months is beside the point, but the factors surrounding the loss and the flacid display we made is absolutely reason for concern. We were starting to show signs of exhaustion and complacency before the international break, and we kept that trend up yesterday.

    I agree saying we are "done" is way too pessimistic, but it's not like there is no reason for concern either.
    If we look that tired again on tuesday? sure people can have some concern but right now? there is none

    6 points clear, in final of copa del rey and quarters on CL...the overreaction here anytime we lose or things don't go our way is shocking at times

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Kohe321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan161 View Post
    If we look that tired again on tuesday? sure people can have some concern but right now? there is none

    6 points clear, in final of copa del rey and quarters on CL...the overreaction here anytime we lose or things don't go our way is shocking at times
    Yes, that's why I said we need to show a proper response. Until I see that I'm only somewhat worried. If we show the same lack of "oomph" against Atletico as we did yesterday, then there is real reason to be concerned. We've played a lot of matches this season, with a lot of traveling. Even with good rotations that sort of thing can zap the energy out of any squad.

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohe321 View Post
    Yes, that's why I said we need to show a proper response. Until I see that I'm only somewhat worried. If we show the same lack of "oomph" against Atletico as we did yesterday, then there is real reason to be concerned. We've played a lot of matches this season, with a lot of traveling. Even with good rotations that sort of thing can zap the energy out of any squad.
    If we look like this on tuesday i'm with you, I would say tireness is the reason but until then i remain very hopeful. I believe in this team.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Darko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohe321 View Post
    Even though I don't share your pessimistic view that we're done this season, I see the points you're making. I am also worried that the players might be nearing "empty", as I neither see any excuse for the drop in intensity we showed in the second half yesterday.

    They need to show a proper response on Tuesday, if not I'll also be really concerned ahead of the Anoeta game. As you say, if we lose that one the pressure will be huge.
    An excuse like a huge CL game during the week?
    Let's see how we play against Atletico before jumping to conclusions.

  13. #28
    Best midfielder around
    ThwiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,091
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    You basically can't write off this team after one game, you just can't.
    It's not just this one game, though. There's been plenty of signs to what was coming over the last month or so. Stop with the ridiculing too. I just say what I see and don't claim to be sitting here with the truth like many other members on here. I've said it plenty of times that I think our team looks fatigued recently and I'm yet to see anything to prove me wrong.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Kohe321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,878
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    An excuse like a huge CL game during the week?
    Let's see how we play against Atletico before jumping to conclusions.
    No conclusions has been made, only thoughts brought up for consideration and discussion. Yes, let's wait and see. It will be an extremely interesting and nervy game.

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    It's not just this one game, though. There's been plenty of signs to what was coming over the last month or so. Stop with the ridiculing too. I just say what I see and don't claim to be sitting here with the truth like many other members on here. I've said it plenty of times that I think our team looks fatigued recently and I'm yet to see anything to prove me wrong.
    how about winning like 10 straight la liga games until the draw at Villarreal?