Scandinavian football

Galning

Swedish league started this weekend. Was nothing spectacular.

Goitom got signed by Getafe by the way :lol:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Rosenborg looking good. Another win and top of the table. Hope we can get to see them back in the CL one day.

This year makes it 20 years since they shocked the world by beating Milan and Maldini 2-1 at the San Siro and eliminating them from the CL. A victory that will never be forgotten in Scandinavian football.

[youtube]mRLFk7Aj0Dc[/youtube]

Morten

Rosenborg looking good. Another win and top of the table. Hope we can get to see them back in the CL one day.

This year makes it 20 years since they shocked the world by beating Milan and Maldini 2-1 at the San Siro and eliminating them from the CL. A victory that will never be forgotten in Scandinavian football.

[youtube]mRLFk7Aj0Dc[/youtube]

Good times, which i doubt will be replicated by any Norwegian team in a long time. Different times now, now im just happy with the league + getting to the group stages in europa cup. I dont think RBK have the players to get past the cl-qualification this year, but one can always hope.

Galning

Malmö FF's Sana threw the cornerflag to opposing fans after they threw a firecracker or something at him :lol:

El Flaco

One of the players from the Swedish Champions in ice hockey, Mats Rosseli Olsen, ran into the pitch and manage to score a goal before a guard manage to catch him.

Mats did it because he was promised around €8000 by his own teammates to do that.

Trickykid

Former Celtic and Strømgodset manager Ronny Deila is being linked with a summer move to Brøndby IF. He sounds really interesting, and from what I've read, Strømgodset played some good football under his tutelage.

The only problem I see here, is what on earth would possess him to join our cluster fuck of a club.

Don't suppose anyone in here can tell me more about Ronny Deila?

Trickykid

What was the reason for Brondby's decline?

I've not much clue for football in Denmark, but they're a foce to reckon with once.

Tough one...

Back before it all went down the drain, we had Laudrup as coach and a host of great players such as Agger, Elmander and Kahlenberg, who were all off to have various degrees of successful international careers.

Laudrup left along with most of our stalwarts, and we gambled on the manager front taking in people like Meuleensteen (?) who was assistant coach for Ferguson at Utd. That never worked out and all the coaches since him flunked equally bad. So, so, soooo much money was thrown down the drain on terrible transfers and that has been the pattern for around 10 years now; wrong managers and bad transfers.

Now we've signed Zorniger (?) for next season, a former Bundesliga coach who lastly flunked terribly with Stuttgart I think. His philosophy sounds interesting though, if somewhat naive, and we've basically signed him for 2 years without the option of firing him, so at least there's now a chance for some continuity. Economy is terribly, though, so I doubt we'll be able to afford the players he need to overhaul the squad for his system, so I'm not exactly optimistic for the near future.
Only bright points being our good youth work and steady fanbase. Those two factors gives me at least a sliver of a hope for the long run.

Home of Barca Fans