Scandinavian football

Morten

Our coach just got fired, what the hell?
Okay, it hasnt been the greatest season so far, but we have slowly been getting back to form, so why now, and not when things actually looked bad? Things were turning around, and the club fired our coach, really? Nevermind he took us to Europa league a couple of times and won almost every domestic title during his stay here, ridiculous.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Our coach just got fired, what the hell?
Okay, it hasnt been the greatest season so far, but we have slowly been getting back to form, so why now, and not when things actually looked bad? Things were turning around, and the club fired our coach, really? Nevermind he took us to Europa league a couple of times and won almost every domestic title during his stay here, ridiculous.

I was shocked when I saw that. I have to be honest that I really don't follow much Norwegian football now, especially when even Vålerenga are shit(talking about them, need to watch a game at their new stadium which is not too far away from where I live), but looking at the results Ingebrigtsen had and the fact that you picked up your pace and are only a couple of points behind Brann makes this really strange, especially the timing of it.

Unless you're getting some high profile foreign manager(at least for a Norwegian club) I don't see any upgrade on him.

But if you do get a such manager that's able to take you to the CL then credit to RBK. I don't like Rosenborg, but I have to respect the work they put in to be such a great team, retaining their dominance and having high ambitions. Properly run football club unlike 90% of the clubs in Norway.

Last edited:

Morten

I was shocked when I saw that. I have to be honest that I really don't follow much Norwegian football now, especially when even Vålerenga are shit(talking about them, need to watch a game at their new stadium which is not too far away from where I live), but looking at the results Ingebrigtsen had and the fact that you picked up your pace and are only a couple of points behind Brann makes this really strange, especially the timing of it.

Unless you're getting some high profile foreign manager(at least for a Norwegian club) I don't see any upgrade on him.

But if you do get a such manager that's able to take you to the CL then credit to RBK. I don't like Rosenborg, but I have to respect the work they put in to be such a great team, retaining their dominance and having high ambitions. Properly run football club unlike 90% of the clubs in Norway.

Another thing, its not just the timing of it all, and even to fire him, which was wrong imo, its also the manner in which it all was done.
Koteng, board director or whatever, didnt even do the regular "thank you for the job you did, best of luck in the future"-thing you are supposed to do, he was actually pretty disrespectful towards Ingebrigtsen. Koteng is a know-nothing asshole, if the season goes to shit now, at least i will be happy, knowing that the people will take it out on him, he would get the blame that he deserves.

My impression is that Koteng has been looking for an excuse to fire him for some time now, and the decision isnt purely based on football, but personal differences.

I will say though, its a given that we should dominate in Norway, we have the biggest budget and our opponents are rubbish.
Even if we win everything at home, the season isnt really a success unless we qualiy for Europe.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Yeah, the sudden Nørgaard departure hit me hard as well - not just from a sporting perspective, but also from an economic where I thought we could've gotten at least €1-2m more. Really disappointing stuff this late in the window.

I wonder if we've known this for a while and it made the Kaiser signing possible? Play him as an 8 and Vigen as the 6? I like Vigen, but I'm not sure I'll trust him to replace Nørgaard. He was honestly the worst player for us to lose right now, as I see it, as just about everyone else are replaceable in one way or another.

I hope Kaiser isn't the replacement for Nør. I think we will get a new one, but most certainly he won't be at his level, and now that we have started losing points already, Zorniger seems frustrated too. A good start with some EL-hope will get all this in the background, so let us see.

Btw, did you see the Robin Olsen transfer just now? 12M€!! It is so disheartening to see our rivals literally shovelling money in for players not much better than ours.
Rønnow and Pukki leaves for what? 3,5M€. Santander and Olsen? 18M€. They should cost the same, but not be that far apart either. Shit like that just means all the FC clubs will dominate the top-half of the table for the next decade. All the while proud clubs with big fanbases like us, OB, AaB and AGF sells players for no money at all and struggle to compete. It makes me sad.

Oh, well all in all this transfer-window has been great, and we were never supposed to compete on salary/transfer-fees just yet. The seasontickets-numbers and away-fantickets makes it impossible for our team not to come all guns blazing, so no matter what this season will be with great entertainment once again :)

Morten

No one wants to win this league, it would seem.
Everytime we drop points, Brann also drop points, we really shouldnt be leading the table.
Ofc, we keep dropping points like this and Molde could actually catch up, they are in much better form atm.

vinni

At least you guys are up there in the lead. Bodø glimt is doing their very best to get relegated. Our form is currently DLLLL. Our last fixture is against Rosenborg away.. we expect you guys to have the throphy by then and loose on purpose!

Morten

At least you guys are up there in the lead. Bodø glimt is doing their very best to get relegated. Our form is currently DLLLL. Our last fixture is against Rosenborg away.. we expect you guys to have the throphy by then and loose on purpose! ��

Considering our form, i very much doubt we have secured the title by then, unfortunately for you.
But maybe we will beat LSK, that should help, right? LSK is on a mission to avoid relegation, so it will be difficult, hope you secure your spot, think you will just make it, better g/d than the other relegation candidates too.

vinni

Considering our form, i very much doubt we have secured the title by then, unfortunately for you.
But maybe we will beat LSK, that should help, right? LSK is on a mission to avoid relegation, so it will be difficult, hope you secure your spot, think you will just make it, better g/d than the other relegation candidates too.

Yes! Please beat Start as well lol.

I see the next fixtures for RBK is:
Lillestrøm A
Brann A
Odd H
Start A
Glimt H

You might be right. Lillestrøm, Glimt and Start are all in danger of getting relegated. They will at least try to beat you.

From what i hear Start has been doing well since Kjetil Rekdal was appointed as coach. I wouldnt worry too much about us though. Lillestrøm seems pretty bad too. They even lost to us in the first round..

Odd i dont know much about but Brann will probably be good match. Luckily you guys seem to win more then you loose against them.

Morten

For once, Brann actually took advantage of us dropping points every single game(yes, every single one).
Unless they choke massively, they should beat is at home, then they will be leading.
Cant really complain, we are dreadful and dont deserve anything.

Morten

Not a good game of football, but we did just enough to secure the win, two average teams out there.
Oh well, we should take the title now.

Last edited:

Morten

"We are going in the right direction" they said.
"We are setting the goal post higher than ever" they said.
"We are going to play great attacking football again" they said.

What a bunch of nonsense, certain board members needs to go at this rate, not just the coach.

Trickykid

Yo [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] would you happen to know anything about Henrik Heggheim whom my club Br?ndby have just bought? Young CB apparently. I don't expect much since he's going here, but as long as he's not terrible, I guess it would be a decent succes.

Home of Barca Fans