User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 145

Thread: Scandinavian football

  1. #121
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,216
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We play like shit, yet pick up 3 points again and again.
    Oh well, at least this time we actually have another title contender.

  2. #122
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,674
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    We play like shit, yet pick up 3 points again and again.
    Oh well, at least this time we actually have another title contender.
    sounds like barca, minus the league contender.

  3. #123
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,298
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    sounds like barca, minus the league contender.
    They're more like Bayern.


  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,627
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Br°ndby is playing the cup final today and we're are close to the league title as well. After 13(?) barren years with bankruptcy and relegation as more reasonable outcomes than titles, I can't possibly convey how good it feels to be a BIF fan these days.

    Happy days!

    Oh shit, I just jinxed it, didn't I?

  5. #125
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,536
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many games left?

    Allsvenskan started as well about a month ago and my team had a good start, second after 7 games played.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,627
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    How many games left?

    Allsvenskan started as well about a month ago and my team had a good start, second after 7 games played.
    Just 3 games left with a 3 point cushion. We're facing second placed FCM next, which could decide it.

    AIK then? It's been some barren years for you guys as well, right?

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    BaršaBarša's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,876
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaand Br°ndby just threw it all away yesterday against a team with nothing to play for (conceded in the 95th minute, I'm so down right now, that it is hard to do any work).
    A draw sees Midtjylland at firstplace again with 1 game to go - they meet the same team we drew with in the last game at home. If they slip they lose the league, but it is hard to see.
    It feels incredibly empty and unjust, as Midtjylland, although performing at a ridiculous level has had more so-so games this spring, which they eventually won anyway, than Br°ndby.

    Might go another 5-8 years before we get this kind of chance again, and a league title would be so deserved, it is ridiculous (we would have won with these amount of points the last 10 years or so). A cup title means that the season is no failure, but everyone would trade it to be champions. Hard to swallow, and I won't be over this for a long while.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,627
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaršaBarša View Post
    Aaand Br°ndby just threw it all away yesterday against a team with nothing to play for (conceded in the 95th minute, I'm so down right now, that it is hard to do any work).
    A draw sees Midtjylland at firstplace again with 1 game to go - they meet the same team we drew with in the last game at home. If they slip they lose the league, but it is hard to see.
    It feels incredibly empty and unjust, as Midtjylland, although performing at a ridiculous level has had more so-so games this spring, which they eventually won anyway, than Br°ndby.

    Might go another 5-8 years before we get this kind of chance again, and a league title would be so deserved, it is ridiculous (we would have won with these amount of points the last 10 years or so). A cup title means that the season is no failure, but everyone would trade it to be champions. Hard to swallow, and I won't be over this for a long while.
    Yeah, you and me both. Still speechless.
    My sole constellation right now is that there aren't any rumors about Zorniger leaving and the belief that we won't sell all of our stars. Even if we sell a couple, I have complete faith that Bech & Bech will replace them adequately. Hopefully Grytebust will be announced shortly after we collect our silver medals...

  9. #129
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    98
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For engangs skyld rart med sň tŠt en mesterskabskamp i Danmark. Selvom jeg i folkeskolen holdte med FCK kunne jeg godt unde Br°ndby en ligatitel i ňr. Det havde f°ltes som om jeg var 13 ňr igen!

    It was great to see a close title-race in Denmark for once. Even though I was a FCK-fan (rivals) when I went to middle school, it wouldn't bother me to see Br°ndby win the title again. It had felt like being 13 years old again.

  10. #130
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,216
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our local rivals(well...), Ranheim, who has hardly ever been in the top division before, are absolutely bossing it. Outplayed and beat the scumbags from Molde, joy too watch.
    I mean, most of their team are part-time players, and have real jobs on the side, or you could say, they play football on the side.
    They are currently in 3rd, 1 point behind RBK, i bet no one saw that coming at the start of the season.

    Dont know what it says about Norwegian football though, that a bunch of semi-professionals are doing so well, but credit to them for doing so well.

  11. #131
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27,298
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Our local rivals(well...), Ranheim, who has hardly ever been in the top division before, are absolutely bossing it. Outplayed and beat the scumbags from Molde, joy too watch.
    I mean, most of their team are part-time players, and have real jobs on the side, or you could say, they play football on the side.
    They are currently in 3rd, 1 point behind RBK, i bet no one saw that coming at the start of the season.

    Dont know what it says about Norwegian football though, that a bunch of semi-professionals are doing so well, but credit to them for doing so well.
    Rosenborg and Real Madrid.

    You're a fan of both.

    Disgusts me

    Anyway, as for your point about the level of the league: The fact that Brann are dominating says it all really.

    Cut it short to 12 teams and open football academies all over the country with proper coaches that value good football if you want to compete at club and international level.

    Will take 10-20 years to reap the rewards, but worth it.
    Last edited by DonAK; 22nd May 2018 at 04:49 AM.


  12. #132
    Senior Member
    BaršaBarša's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,876
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My beloved club Br°ndby seems to have done some quite fine business by signing Ante Erceg on a free transfer. His stats seem fine, but what do the croatians in here say - how will he perform in the danish league, do you think? (My impression is that it is a bit worse than the croatian league).

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,627
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaršaBarša View Post
    My beloved club Br°ndby seems to have done some quite fine business by signing Ante Erceg on a free transfer. His stats seem fine, but what do the croatians in here say - how will he perform in the danish league, do you think? (My impression is that it is a bit worse than the croatian league).
    He's been great the two matches I've watched him in so far. Premature of course, but he looks like a quality addition already. Hopefully he'll prove more consistent than Pukki, even though I doubt he'll surpass his scoring output.

    Now that the worst PTS from the end of last season has died down, I'm really excited for the new one. We weren't exactly great last night, but with a season debut win and bad results from our most likely rivals, it couldn't have kicked off in a better way.

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    BaršaBarša's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,876
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    He's been great the two matches I've watched him in so far. Premature of course, but he looks like a quality addition already. Hopefully he'll prove more consistent than Pukki, even though I doubt he'll surpass his scoring output.

    Now that the worst PTS from the end of last season has died down, I'm really excited for the new one. We weren't exactly great last night, but with a season debut win and bad results from our most likely rivals, it couldn't have kicked off in a better way.
    Yes, he looks quite promising and with a bit more killer-instinct than Pukki. We will have to wait and see if he can keep up with his numbers, Wilzcek sure seems determined to continue being a topscorer

    Great first round for us - so many good vibes around Br°ndby, but we also knew something like Muktahr/N°rgaard leaving could happen. And now N°rgaard has left, and everything gets a little bit moody again. He was meant to be our captain, and now he is gone, it feels a bit like 'end of an era' already. R°nnow/Pukki/N°rgaard/Halimi etc. I know the replacements are sublime, but the small details will matter again this season and we have reached the point where we have shifted too many players out/in for it not to cost points overall.

    Sorry that it became such a sad post here in the end, up until today I truly felt alright about our season - even if Mukhtar left and we got a replacement - N°rgaard just feels different.

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,627
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaršaBarša View Post
    Yes, he looks quite promising and with a bit more killer-instinct than Pukki. We will have to wait and see if he can keep up with his numbers, Wilzcek sure seems determined to continue being a topscorer

    Great first round for us - so many good vibes around Br°ndby, but we also knew something like Muktahr/N°rgaard leaving could happen. And now N°rgaard has left, and everything gets a little bit moody again. He was meant to be our captain, and now he is gone, it feels a bit like 'end of an era' already. R°nnow/Pukki/N°rgaard/Halimi etc. I know the replacements are sublime, but the small details will matter again this season and we have reached the point where we have shifted too many players out/in for it not to cost points overall.

    Sorry that it became such a sad post here in the end, up until today I truly felt alright about our season - even if Mukhtar left and we got a replacement - N°rgaard just feels different.
    Yeah, the sudden N°rgaard departure hit me hard as well - not just from a sporting perspective, but also from an economic where I thought we could've gotten at least €1-2m more. Really disappointing stuff this late in the window.

    I wonder if we've known this for a while and it made the Kaiser signing possible? Play him as an 8 and Vigen as the 6? I like Vigen, but I'm not sure I'll trust him to replace N°rgaard. He was honestly the worst player for us to lose right now, as I see it, as just about everyone else are replaceable in one way or another.