Scandinavian football

BarçaBarça

Transfer-madness has officially entered Scandinavian football with Crystal Palace offering 10M€ for Midtjylland striker Sørloth, who has been outstanding in the danish league, but was bought for 350k€ six months ago. Pure madness.

Trickykid

Transfer-madness has officially entered Scandinavian football with Crystal Palace offering 10M€ for Midtjylland striker Sørloth, who has been outstanding in the danish league, but was bought for 350k€ six months ago. Pure madness.

Pure insanity. He was good in Midtjylland, but not fantastic, scoring about once every two games. Brilliant deal for FCM, though.

BarçaBarça

Pure insanity. He was good in Midtjylland, but not fantastic, scoring about once every two games. Brilliant deal for FCM, though.

Yeah, it is crazy. I just hope that some of the older clubs in Denmark gets a share of the inflated transfermoney during the next years.
That deal will probably put Midtjylland as a clear top-team for the next 4-5 years just because of the money they can offer players.
I would rather have OB/Aab or even AGF back in the top than that plastic-club.

Trickykid

Yeah, it is crazy. I just hope that some of the older clubs in Denmark gets a share of the inflated transfermoney during the next years.
That deal will probably put Midtjylland as a clear top-team for the next 4-5 years just because of the money they can offer players.
I would rather have OB/Aab or even AGF back in the top than that plastic-club.

Yeah, I agree, with money like that they're looking real good, sadly.
Then again, in a year or two, I really hope we manage to strike gold in BIF, when we start to sell off our midfield. I trust Troels Bech to do right, and secure the club financially when the times comes. If only we could also manage to tie down Halimi like we did with Mukhtar...

BarçaBarça

Yeah, I agree, with money like that they're looking real good, sadly.
Then again, in a year or two, I really hope we manage to strike gold in BIF, when we start to sell off our midfield. I trust Troels Bech to do right, and secure the club financially when the times comes. If only we could also manage to tie down Halimi like we did with Mukhtar...

Even the fees surrounding Rønnow right now are quite insane, tbh. I agree, Troels Bech has really done a good job, so we have a good opportunity to get a share in the coming years.
Halimi on a long contract would be great - it is a bit annoying that it looked a little accidental that we didn't get a buyout in the first place..

With unlimited money in FCK and newrich FCM, we nearly have to lift that title this year (best chance in years and years to come) just to keep up with them..

Trickykid

Even the fees surrounding Rønnow right now are quite insane, tbh. I agree, Troels Bech has really done a good job, so we have a good opportunity to get a share in the coming years.
Halimi on a long contract would be great - it is a bit annoying that it looked a little accidental that we didn't get a buyout in the first place..

With unlimited money in FCK and newrich FCM, we nearly have to lift that title this year (best chance in years and years to come) just to keep up with them..

Rønnow is pretty god damn fantastic though, so whatever fee we're getting for him, it'll be too low in my opinion - especially so with his contract running low.

I'm not quite as pessimistic in regards to the near future and our chance of taking home a league title, mainly because that midfield really looks like money in the bank gathering loads of interests at the moment, and Bech looking to be able to pull rabbits out of his hat on an impressively regular basis. Zorniger has completely changed this club, and he seems to love life on the Vestegn, so I don't really fear us running out of steam anytime soon.

But yeah, a league title already come summer would be fantastic in regards to keeping up with FCM and of course FCK who will be back in contention sooner than I'd like.

BarçaBarça

Rønnow is pretty god damn fantastic though, so whatever fee we're getting for him, it'll be too low in my opinion - especially so with his contract running low.

I'm not quite as pessimistic in regards to the near future and our chance of taking home a league title, mainly because that midfield really looks like money in the bank gathering loads of interests at the moment, and Bech looking to be able to pull rabbits out of his hat on an impressively regular basis. Zorniger has completely changed this club, and he seems to love life on the Vestegn, so I don't really fear us running out of steam anytime soon.

But yeah, a league title already come summer would be fantastic in regards to keeping up with FCM and of course FCK who will be back in contention sooner than I'd like.

Rønnow is really impressive, but 40M kroner would be a goalkeeper record by some length, and after all Hradecky was better, imo. I will take every penny we can get, as it will take some keeper to replace him - it is a sure weakening of the squad next season to lose him.

Yes, our club is looking pretty solid and good right now, and the squad, coach and sporting director are all the right people. Please let this be our season, we are playing so excitingly and would really deserve it :)

Trickykid

Rønnow is really impressive, but 40M kroner would be a goalkeeper record by some length, and after all Hradecky was better, imo. I will take every penny we can get, as it will take some keeper to replace him - it is a sure weakening of the squad next season to lose him.

Yes, our club is looking pretty solid and good right now, and the squad, coach and sporting director are all the right people. Please let this be our season, we are playing so excitingly and would really deserve it :)

Speaking of Rønnow, I'm really surprised no Spanish clubs look to have been interested in signing him. He would fit like a glove in most low- or even midlevel La Liga sides, and 40M kroner should be a bargain from their side of the table.

BarçaBarça

Speaking of Rønnow, I'm really surprised no Spanish clubs look to have been interested in signing him. He would fit like a glove in most low- or even midlevel La Liga sides, and 40M kroner should be a bargain from their side of the table.

You're right - I don't understand that he seems to think PL will be good for him? Maybe someone in La Liga will wake up, danish players have a fine record here after all :)

ElReyDelAire

To continue this topic in a virtual manner; in my FIFA (17) Career mode, Brøndby have signed Ghoddos. He is pretty decent, 74. In a real perspective I don't know if he's a realistic target of any Danish clubs. Should have looked that way a year or two ago.

Thah Östersunds looks really cool, though! Not every club converts a trip to Highbury to a European victory.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I watched the game and that Ghoddos (?) dude looked pretty good. Is there potential in that one?
Not sure which, but I seem to recall some Danish club being interested last summer.

Yeah he's their star player alongside Sema who is probably going to the WC with the Swedish national team.

El Flaco

I watched the game and that Ghoddos (?) dude looked pretty good. Is there potential in that one?
Not sure which, but I seem to recall some Danish club being interested last summer.

Ghoddos was recently voted as the best forward in Allsvenskan and has been looked great whenever I watched some of ÖFK's games.

They once rejected a €5-6m fee from Celta Vigo during January window.

I believe Ghoddos alongside with Ken Sema and maybe Sotte will be gone after the WC during the summer.

They have been a huge reason for ÖFK qualifying Europa League and establishing themselves as a top club.

Trickykid

Ghoddos was recently voted as the best forward in Allsvenskan and has been looked great whenever I watched some of ÖFK's games.

They once rejected a €5-6m fee from Celta Vigo during January window.

I believe Ghoddos alongside with Ken Sema and maybe Sotte will be gone after the WC during the summer.

They have been a huge reason for ÖFK qualifying Europa League and establishing themselves as a top club.

Thanks man.

I just read the story about him not being called up by Andersson and instead chose the Iranian NT. In hindsight it sucks for you guys. Has there been a lot of drama in the tabloids about this, or is his name not quite big enough?

Home of Barca Fans