Scandinavian football

Morten

We play like shit, yet pick up 3 points again and again.
Oh well, at least this time we actually have another title contender.

Trickykid

Brøndby is playing the cup final today and we're are close to the league title as well. After 13(?) barren years with bankruptcy and relegation as more reasonable outcomes than titles, I can't possibly convey how good it feels to be a BIF fan these days.

Happy days!

Oh shit, I just jinxed it, didn't I?

Galning

How many games left?

Allsvenskan started as well about a month ago and my team had a good start, second after 7 games played.

Trickykid

How many games left?

Allsvenskan started as well about a month ago and my team had a good start, second after 7 games played.

Just 3 games left with a 3 point cushion. We're facing second placed FCM next, which could decide it.

AIK then? It's been some barren years for you guys as well, right?

BarçaBarça

Aaand Brøndby just threw it all away yesterday against a team with nothing to play for (conceded in the 95th minute, I'm so down right now, that it is hard to do any work).
A draw sees Midtjylland at firstplace again with 1 game to go - they meet the same team we drew with in the last game at home. If they slip they lose the league, but it is hard to see.
It feels incredibly empty and unjust, as Midtjylland, although performing at a ridiculous level has had more so-so games this spring, which they eventually won anyway, than Brøndby.

Might go another 5-8 years before we get this kind of chance again, and a league title would be so deserved, it is ridiculous (we would have won with these amount of points the last 10 years or so). A cup title means that the season is no failure, but everyone would trade it to be champions. Hard to swallow, and I won't be over this for a long while.

Trickykid

Aaand Brøndby just threw it all away yesterday against a team with nothing to play for (conceded in the 95th minute, I'm so down right now, that it is hard to do any work).
A draw sees Midtjylland at firstplace again with 1 game to go - they meet the same team we drew with in the last game at home. If they slip they lose the league, but it is hard to see.
It feels incredibly empty and unjust, as Midtjylland, although performing at a ridiculous level has had more so-so games this spring, which they eventually won anyway, than Brøndby.

Might go another 5-8 years before we get this kind of chance again, and a league title would be so deserved, it is ridiculous (we would have won with these amount of points the last 10 years or so). A cup title means that the season is no failure, but everyone would trade it to be champions. Hard to swallow, and I won't be over this for a long while.

Yeah, you and me both. Still speechless.
My sole constellation right now is that there aren't any rumors about Zorniger leaving and the belief that we won't sell all of our stars. Even if we sell a couple, I have complete faith that Bech & Bech will replace them adequately. Hopefully Grytebust will be announced shortly after we collect our silver medals...

Blaugranaa

For engangs skyld rart med så tæt en mesterskabskamp i Danmark. Selvom jeg i folkeskolen holdte med FCK kunne jeg godt unde Brøndby en ligatitel i år. Det havde føltes som om jeg var 13 år igen!

It was great to see a close title-race in Denmark for once. Even though I was a FCK-fan (rivals) when I went to middle school, it wouldn't bother me to see Brøndby win the title again. It had felt like being 13 years old again.

Morten

Our local rivals(well...), Ranheim, who has hardly ever been in the top division before, are absolutely bossing it. Outplayed and beat the scumbags from Molde, joy too watch.
I mean, most of their team are part-time players, and have real jobs on the side, or you could say, they play football on the side.
They are currently in 3rd, 1 point behind RBK, i bet no one saw that coming at the start of the season.

Dont know what it says about Norwegian football though, that a bunch of semi-professionals are doing so well, but credit to them for doing so well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Our local rivals(well...), Ranheim, who has hardly ever been in the top division before, are absolutely bossing it. Outplayed and beat the scumbags from Molde, joy too watch.
I mean, most of their team are part-time players, and have real jobs on the side, or you could say, they play football on the side.
They are currently in 3rd, 1 point behind RBK, i bet no one saw that coming at the start of the season.

Dont know what it says about Norwegian football though, that a bunch of semi-professionals are doing so well, but credit to them for doing so well.

Rosenborg and Real Madrid.

You're a fan of both.

Disgusts me :lol:

Anyway, as for your point about the level of the league: The fact that Brann are dominating says it all really.

Cut it short to 12 teams and open football academies all over the country with proper coaches that value good football if you want to compete at club and international level.

Will take 10-20 years to reap the rewards, but worth it.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

My beloved club Brøndby seems to have done some quite fine business by signing Ante Erceg on a free transfer. His stats seem fine, but what do the croatians in here say - how will he perform in the danish league, do you think? (My impression is that it is a bit worse than the croatian league).

Trickykid

My beloved club Brøndby seems to have done some quite fine business by signing Ante Erceg on a free transfer. His stats seem fine, but what do the croatians in here say - how will he perform in the danish league, do you think? (My impression is that it is a bit worse than the croatian league).

He's been great the two matches I've watched him in so far. Premature of course, but he looks like a quality addition already. Hopefully he'll prove more consistent than Pukki, even though I doubt he'll surpass his scoring output.

Now that the worst PTS from the end of last season has died down, I'm really excited for the new one. We weren't exactly great last night, but with a season debut win and bad results from our most likely rivals, it couldn't have kicked off in a better way.

BarçaBarça

He's been great the two matches I've watched him in so far. Premature of course, but he looks like a quality addition already. Hopefully he'll prove more consistent than Pukki, even though I doubt he'll surpass his scoring output.

Now that the worst PTS from the end of last season has died down, I'm really excited for the new one. We weren't exactly great last night, but with a season debut win and bad results from our most likely rivals, it couldn't have kicked off in a better way.

Yes, he looks quite promising and with a bit more killer-instinct than Pukki. We will have to wait and see if he can keep up with his numbers, Wilzcek sure seems determined to continue being a topscorer :D

Great first round for us - so many good vibes around Brøndby, but we also knew something like Muktahr/Nørgaard leaving could happen. And now Nørgaard has left, and everything gets a little bit moody again. He was meant to be our captain, and now he is gone, it feels a bit like 'end of an era' already. Rønnow/Pukki/Nørgaard/Halimi etc. I know the replacements are sublime, but the small details will matter again this season and we have reached the point where we have shifted too many players out/in for it not to cost points overall.

Sorry that it became such a sad post here in the end, up until today I truly felt alright about our season - even if Mukhtar left and we got a replacement - Nørgaard just feels different.

Trickykid

Yes, he looks quite promising and with a bit more killer-instinct than Pukki. We will have to wait and see if he can keep up with his numbers, Wilzcek sure seems determined to continue being a topscorer :D

Great first round for us - so many good vibes around Brøndby, but we also knew something like Muktahr/Nørgaard leaving could happen. And now Nørgaard has left, and everything gets a little bit moody again. He was meant to be our captain, and now he is gone, it feels a bit like 'end of an era' already. Rønnow/Pukki/Nørgaard/Halimi etc. I know the replacements are sublime, but the small details will matter again this season and we have reached the point where we have shifted too many players out/in for it not to cost points overall.

Sorry that it became such a sad post here in the end, up until today I truly felt alright about our season - even if Mukhtar left and we got a replacement - Nørgaard just feels different.

Yeah, the sudden Nørgaard departure hit me hard as well - not just from a sporting perspective, but also from an economic where I thought we could've gotten at least €1-2m more. Really disappointing stuff this late in the window.

I wonder if we've known this for a while and it made the Kaiser signing possible? Play him as an 8 and Vigen as the 6? I like Vigen, but I'm not sure I'll trust him to replace Nørgaard. He was honestly the worst player for us to lose right now, as I see it, as just about everyone else are replaceable in one way or another.

Home of Barca Fans