Scandinavian football

El Flaco

I just read a great story about a Brøndby fan who was diagnosed with brain tumor after he got hit with a ball in the head during pre-match warm up.

On August 28th, a Danish club Brøndby IF was playing a league match vs FC København. During the pre-match warm up, a Brøndby player Kamil Wilczek (Poland) missed a shot and the ball hit a head of a Brøndby fan, David Nielsen. The medical team on the stadium took care of Nielsen and he underwent a series of medical examinations. During that, a head X-ray shown that Nielsen has a brain tumor. Thanks to that incident, he now has chances of being completely cured.

Nielsen's facebook post. Translation:

Hi everybody. My name is David and I'm the person who has been hit with a ball during a warm up before the match against København. I want to thank the medical personnel, security and all club employees, and also fans who were standing near me and reacted immediately, because that saved my life. I can't describe how grateful I'm for their effort. It turned out that I have a brain tumor and this wouldn't be discovered if Wilczek didn't hit my head with a ball, so I'm also very grateful for him for what happened. Especially because such a professional medical staff would never take care of me like now. Now I'm going to have a surgery etc. Thank you everyone one more time, I'll be forever grateful.
[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION] [MENTION=20959]BarçaBarça[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Trickykid

Just read a great story about a Brøndby fan who was diagnosed with brain tumor after he got hit with a ball in the head during pre-match warm up.

Talk about freakish chance/luck.

BarçaBarça

I just read a great story about a Brøndby fan who was diagnosed with brain tumor after he got hit with a ball in the head during pre-match warm up.

It's quite a story, I did read it read it yesterday. Always something a bit freaky going on in Brøndby, this was a good kind of freakiness :)

Trickykid

Congratulations on the title, [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION].

...not that it came as a surprise or anything :lol:

El Flaco

Danish lower league player does an overhead scissor kick

[gfy]LegalIndelibleBluebottlejellyfish[/gfy]

Trickykid

After drawing at Porto in the first round, FCK now lead 3-0 against Club Brugge.
For a Danish team, they're ridiculously strong this season.

Last edited:

Galning

Club Brugge is pure shit this season, they are 7th in the league :lol: 0-3 at home against Leicester, 4-0 away to Copenhagen. Oh boy.

Morten

4-0 in the cup final against Kongsvinger finishes off a sad season for Norwegian football, but a good one for RBK, overall.

Home of Barca Fans