Scandinavian football

bismp

Cheers man, much appreciated!

Brøndby is not a good side by any stretch of the imagination, but for the first time in 10 years or so, we actually have a coach with a plan and a group of players, who seem hungry and willing to fight till their deaths.
By your description, it should be a tightly fought contest, but I've been made so accustomed to failure, that I have little hope of advancing.

Well i see now that last year PAOK beat you 5-0,so that's not good... :p
PAOK and PAO( = Panathinakikos) have been fairly equal the last few years,and always fight for the second place.However,in Europe PAOK has done considerably better,so..Anyway,i think that if your players play with passion,then you have a pretty decent chance to get through.PAO uses mostly players for 1-2 years,which means that they aren't attached to the club and really won't give a damn if they get eliminated.However,as i said,i am not familiar with their current roster,so i cannot make an accurate prediction.

Morten

Even though I despise FCK, I really hope they manage to trounce Apoel this time around.

Brøndby will face Panathinaikos. They have a couple of big names in the squad, but aside from that, I have no idea how they are these days. Perhaps [MENTION=18692]6 Ballons for Messi[/MENTION] or [MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION] can help?

Just noticed that Gytkjær bagged a 1st half hattrick today for you guys, [MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION]. How is he doing, generally?[/QUOTE]

He has been doing ok, he has been great at home, and pretty awful away. He is still adjusting to the "climate. This was his first hatrick i believe, and his second goal away from home before this game. Overall, he is reaching the overall quality a number 9 is to us. The problem isnt Grytkjær though, its the fact that our team is almost collapsing regulary in the second halfs. It might be good enough to walk through this joke of a league, but we wont get past Austria Wien at this rate.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Well i see now that last year PAOK beat you 5-0,so that's not good... :p
PAOK and PAO( = Panathinakikos) have been fairly equal the last few years,and always fight for the second place.However,in Europe PAOK has done considerably better,so..Anyway,i think that if your players play with passion,then you have a pretty decent chance to get through.PAO uses mostly players for 1-2 years,which means that they aren't attached to the club and really won't give a damn if they get eliminated.However,as i said,i am not familiar with their current roster,so i cannot make an accurate prediction.

Results like the PAOK one is precisely the reason why I'm not getting my hopes up. That said, we're in a much better spot now than a year ago, so I can't see us folding like that. And as you say, the passion vs lack of passion could at least even out the lopsided quality in the two squads a bit.

Trickykid

He has been doing ok, he has been great at home, and pretty awful away. He is still adjusting to the "climate. This was his first hatrick i believe, and his second goal away from home before this game. Overall, he is reaching the overall quality a number 9 is to us. The problem isnt Grytkjær though, its the fact that our team is almost collapsing regulary in the second halfs. It might be good enough to walk through this joke of a league, but we wont get past Austria Wien at this rate.

Cheers, good to know. You reckon he has the ceiling to become a NT quality striker perhaps? The Danish NT could really do with someone who can bang in the goals.

Morten

Cheers, good to know. You reckon he has the ceiling to become a NT quality striker perhaps? The Danish NT could really do with someone who can bang in the goals.

I very much doubt that, i dont believe there are any strikers in the TL with potential to succeed at international level, sad, but its the reality i think.

Trickykid

I really hope VdV flops at Midtjylland. Hate that club.

Yeah, the 3-3 draw the other day hurt more than a bit - well, at least the way it happened hurt.

Anyhow, I can't imagine him not flopping at FCM. Too high expectations for someone who's so painstakingly clearly over the hill.

Eetu

Adormit
Jaaaaaaaaaaaah! Final whistle, and Brøndby knocks out Hertha Berlin! Fucking fantastic! [MENTION=2203]Eetu[/MENTION], Teemu Pukki, your compatriot, bagged the hattrick.

Yeiy, and twice in a week. A compatriot and a fellow cule, always love to see him do well!

I used to live in Kotka where he's from and a few years back it came up in a conversation with a co-woker that I was going to watch Sevilla's match that evening. Turned out a friend of her sons had just made the move Sevilla's youth teams. That was Teemu :)

Btw. Another familiar name just popped up in my Instagram feed, Gaël Etock just scored a brace for my local team JJK. Had no idea he had moved here, but I might need to start going to matches

Trickykid

Yeiy, and twice in a week. A compatriot and a fellow cule, always love to see him do well!

I used to live in Kotka where he's from and a few years back it came up in a conversation with a co-woker that I was going to watch Sevilla's match that evening. Turned out a friend of her sons had just made the move Sevilla's youth teams. That was Teemu :)

Btw. Another familiar name just popped up in my Instagram feed, Gaël Etock just scored a brace for my local team JJK. Had no idea he had moved here, but I might need to start going to matches

That's a cool story man. Teemu seems like such a lovable guy. Mellow and laid back... And then he bangs in goals for fun this season.

Shame we've absolutely fucked ourselves tonight playing Panatinaikos in Greece. Very even first half hour and then our young left back Crone gets send off for his second yellow. We fight well for the rest of the half, nearly making it to halftime with 0-0, only for them to score in ot. Fast forward to around 50 mins, and we get our keeper send off for a foul in the box. 2-0 from penalty and 9 v 11. Match just ended 3-0 for the Greeks. God damned missed opportunity right there. :(

Both FC Midtjylland and SønderjyskE had bad results, meaning they will probably be eliminated alongside Brøndby. FCK looks good, though, winning 1-0 in Copenhagen against Apoel. I despise the club, but it will be good to have a Danish team in the ChL again if they qualify.

Morten

Stupid word-list, cant edit either for some reason. I will try again. 15 point lead in the league and out of europe, sad.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Morten obviously struggling with his phone or had a few too many drinks tonight. What do you expect when the overall quality of the league is shit lol

But hey, let's get a new logo and change the name back again to what it originally was. That ought to fix things.

Morten

Cant quote either, what is this shit? Yes, im not currently on my pc, this phone is shite and so is the Norwegian league.

Home of Barca Fans