Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

This will be a tight game. Zidane has finally realized since Ancelotti sold Alonso and replaced him with Kroos is that they need steel in the MF and a line-up of Modric-Casemiro-Kroos could cause some problems. Expect Real to press rather than sit this game.

Apart of me wants Lucho to rest Pique, Busi, Alba and Iniesta for Atleti. That game for me is far more important than this clasico. If this game was two or three weeks later in the season, they'd be giving us the Guard of Honor and we only have 2 days to recover for Atleti, which is game we are going to need to be able to run hard for 90 mins for. Especially if key players like Busi and Alba aren't 100% fit, there is more to lose than gain in risking them. It's the same situation as Messi last clasico.

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-0
Alexis-0-0-0-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-Rakitic-0-Sergi-0-0
0-0-0-Arda-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Sit deep, play simple and hit them on the counter. Grind out 2 goals, sub Rakitic and Pique ASAP and pack it in and prepare for Atleti.

As you can see, not terribly excited for this one since La Liga is practically ours which is why I don't really care what the result is and because of that, I'd rather rest some key players who will need to be able to run a bunch against Atleti. I'm afraid that if we start the best 11 and rush some players back we will either A) run out of steam in the 2nd half against Atleti or worse B) Busi or Alba get injured and are likely out for the season.

I could give a damn about a winning streak if we aren't lifting all three trophies this season.

P.S. This is possibly the last Messi vs. Ronaldo clasico.

DrPepper

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-0
Alexis-0-0-0-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-Rakitic-0-Sergi-0-0
0-0-0-Arda-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Sit deep, play simple and hit them on the counter. Grind out 2 goals, sub Rakitic and Pique ASAP and pack it in and prepare for Atleti.

Dat Alexis - Bartra backline will give us a clean sheet, no doubt about it. :coffee:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I would bet money on it right now that Zidane doesn't have the balls to start Casemiro against us. FloPer wants his expensive toys to play. Baby face, Kroos and Modric, that's it. No Casemiro.
Plus, we could possibly get trashed with a line-up like the one further up. Suicidal for our motivation. It will be the Gala XI, no doubt.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

This will be a tight game. Zidane has finally realized since Ancelotti sold Alonso and replaced him with Kroos is that they need steel in the MF and a line-up of Modric-Casemiro-Kroos could cause some problems. Expect Real to press rather than sit this game.

Apart of me wants Lucho to rest Pique, Busi, Alba and Iniesta for Atleti. That game for me is far more important than this clasico. If this game was two or three weeks later in the season, they'd be giving us the Guard of Honor and we only have 2 days to recover for Atleti, which is game we are going to need to be able to run hard for 90 mins for. Especially if key players like Busi and Alba aren't 100% fit, there is more to lose than gain in risking them. It's the same situation as Messi last clasico.

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-0
Alexis-0-0-0-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-Rakitic-0-Sergi-0-0
0-0-0-Arda-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

As you can see, not terribly excited for this one since La Liga is practically ours which is why I don't really care what the result is and because of that, I'd rather rest some key players who will need to be able to run a bunch against Atleti. I'm afraid that if we start the best 11 and rush some players back we will either A) run out of steam in the 2nd half against Atleti or worse B) Busi or Alba get injured and are likely out for the season.

I could give a damn about a winning streak if we aren't lifting all three trophies this season.

P.S. This is possibly the last Messi vs. Ronaldo clasico.

don't really care about the result ? Are you serious? Full strength for me, worry about atletico afterwards.

Trickykid

Yeah, full strenght, no doubt. A loss here and a win for Atletico would mean a difference of just 6(7) points with 7 games to go. I really don't want any late league season jitters when we're still fighting for the elusive consecutive treble.

Egert

Estonian Culé
This is El Clasico. We need to win this, the players know it and they want to do it for the fans. This will be a hard game for us, no doubt about that. I really hope we will win this one and wrap up the league soon so we could focus on CL. Visca el Barca!!! :barcascarf:

F

Flavia

FC Barcelona board reveals plans to honour Johan Cruyff at Clásico

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
03/29/2016 13:00

Plans to pay tribute to the late Dutchman before the game with Real Madrid feature prominently in matters discussed at Tuesday’s ordinary session

The FC Barcelona board met at an ordinary session today Tuesday at the Camp Nou, and publicly expressed their gratitude to the members, supporters and numerous other clubs and institutions from the sporting and other spheres that have come to the Memorial over the last few days to pay their last respects to Johan Cruyff.

The club shall continue in official mourning until the day of El Clásico on Saturday, when a number of actions have been planned to coincide with the visit of Real Madrid to the Camp Nou.
A mosaic of 90,000 cards shall bear the message ‘Gràcies Johan”, which shall be repeated on the shirts of the Barça players, where the world champions logo normally features. Both teams will enter the field with children wearing shirts with the same message, ‘Gràcies Johan’, as well as the names of the Cruyff and FC Barcelona Foundations on the back.

The match will also be attended by all of the living former presidents of the Catalan club, namely Agustí Montal, Raimon Carrasco, Josep Lluís Núñez, Joan Gaspart, Enric Reyna, Joan Laporta, Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu.

The game will also be preceded by a minute’s silence in honour of Johan Cruyff, including the projection of a video tribute to the great man’s career.

I'm not pleased that Rosell will be there, after all he did against Cruyff.

aaron101

Sandro Rosell and Joan Laporte to shake hands at Camp Nou? He should be banned their just like what he did to Johan Cruyff. He's not needed there. He's a disgrace.

It's sad that we never gave Cruyff a tribute when he was alive. He needed a tribute like the one with Pep or even a better one. Now he won't be able to see and appreciate it. He deserved to be the honorary president. They could have shown love and gratitude to him when he was alive and strong. Even Arsenal created a statue for Thierry Henry. His name should be on the stands as big as the "Mes Que Un Club".

i_bleed_blaugrana

I would bet money on it right now that Zidane doesn't have the balls to start Casemiro against us. FloPer wants his expensive toys to play. Baby face, Kroos and Modric, that's it. No Casemiro.
Plus, we could possibly get trashed with a line-up like the one further up. Suicidal for our motivation. It will be the Gala XI, no doubt.

If he doesn't start Casemiro, they won't win regardless of who we play. It just doesn't make sense rush players back for this game.

That line-up could get us a draw. Worse case scenario we lose and are only 6 up instead of 9. To me, there is little difference in that and I'm not convinced we need our strongest line-up to compete with Real right now. Again, it just doesn't make sense to risk key players if they are not 100% fit.

I'm big on risk aversion and I think the risk of us losing to Atleti due to fatigue or key players not being fit is greater than either A) losing to Real and B) losing La Liga.

Catalan Fan

I honestly don't get people thinking we might play a less than full team... in the Classic ? Not to mention the mosaic/tribute as well ?

Surely it will be the first team.Just hope the occasion doesn't get the better of them emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans