Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You would think they realize by now that they're firing him up in the wrong way with all that shit, especially if looking at his record at the Camp Nou.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wow. Some piece of shit they were for ruining Cruyff's moment of silence like that.

Fuckers should be banned from Camp Nou for their lifetime.

barcanuck

Average position of players vs Atletico (2-1):

CfEkeO_VIAAPhfq.jpg

Average position of players vs Madrid (1-2):

CfEkeQ1UAAAdgA7.jpg

Says it all really.

Yup very strange that we would take Suarez out of the #9 role and Messi out of RW when it's worked well all season. Hopefully lesson learned !

Catalan Fan

Wow. Some piece of shit they were for ruining Cruyff's moment of silence like that.

Fuckers should be banned from Camp Nou for their lifetime.

Yeah, and in fairness to Ronaldo he was shaking his head in disgust at them.Fair play to him for that.

Punkmaster

AS headquarters received a package containing notes, supposedly from the hand of Zidane and his staff, analysing Barca's movement ahead of Saturday's game.
As.com 3 April 2016 21:55h CEST

The AS newsroom received a stack of notes that appear to be Zinedine Zidane and his technical staff’s plans ahead of Saturday’s El Clásico clash, in which Real Madrid beat Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

While the AS editorial team lends some credence to these notes, the rough sketchings cannot be completely verified as coming from the hand of the Los Blancos’ manager. The stationary used bears the Real Madrid letterhead, the first clue that points to their authenticity, and were sent to the newsroom hours ahead of the game kicking off.

They outline various tactical points (see images). Emphasis is placed on Barcelona’s high pressing game and the need for the Madrid players to constantly provide passing options to each other when in possession.

The importance of cutting out Barca’s supply line in the middle of park (Iniesta and Rakitic in particular) is highlighted which would force the home team to play on the flanks and thereby Carvajal and Marcelo would be enlisted to stifle Alba and Alves respectively; while Ramos and Pepe would come out to mark Messi and Neymar.

http://as01.epimg.net/en/imagenes/2...59711826_076214_1459713987_sumario_normal.jpg

That tactical approach would require Casemiro to drop back into the defensive line of four.
Another fundamental point dealt with in the notes is how to handle Messi falling deep into midfield to get on the ball: quick adjustments would need to be made in terms of marking and the defenders would have to be watchful for Luis Suárez’s diagonal runs in behind the back line.

Nearly all of these points were accomplished during the game, as Madrid managed to cut Barca out, prevent their hosts from getting into second gear and come back from behind to win thanks to goals from Benzema and Cristiano.

xXKonan

The Villarreal Match and the Classico feel exactly like the Deportivo & Valencia matches.

Deportivo match we were 2-0 early we decide to Switch off and Lucho makes the "Mathieu" Sub and we conceded two goals after he came on. The Valencia match we missed several chances and Suarez gets the opener so we decided that was enough and we switched off again and sure enough They score 5 mins before the 90 mins.

Villarreal we go two up so Lucho decides to make two back line changes with Alves and Mathieu coming on for Roberto and Pique and we switched off at possibly the worst time again and We conceded two goals and it ends in a draw.

Classico we couldn't finish our chances in the first half and Lucho had made several questionable tactical changes before the match and in the second half Pique scores the opener and again we decide "Meh this is enough" and we switched off and Real grew in Confidence but this time compared to the Valencia match, Real was able to finish their chances and we lose the game.

To sum it up Wrong Tactical changes,complacency,wrong subs and Possibly Fatigue played a role in these matches. again theirs a time and place to decide to let off the gas but in Games like these especially the Classico you shouldn't decide to switch off after just one goal.

The Classico loss pissed me off more than anything. Several Key Players didn't show up, Lucho decides to have Messi play as a "#10" and we had no one on the right wing so it made it easier for Real to contain him and it allowed Marcelo to attack.

The Phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies here Our tactics in the first classico were spot on but here? Nope and again Lucho shouldn't have changed it. We literally made this Real Look better than they actually were.

Frustrating that we really don't learn from our mistakes at times. Oh well onto Atletico.

Vilarrubi

Looking back on the game I think we were too respectful and kept possession too much instead of attacking. It's common knowledge RM aren't good at defending and they looked so exposed in the first half, I feel if we meet them again if we progress in the CL we beat them with ease if we decide to attack.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We kept possession more because Real sat deep. It's just the way game was set up.

And while I agree with tactical mistake to put Messi in the middle maybe there was no choice as Argentinian was tired from SA qualifications.

There was no excuse not to let Roberto play who was great in last Clasico and while some players that were left on barely could run anymore.

Team learns and grows in defeats, as Lucho said, so there'll be lessons to be learned from this.

Sorin

We kept possession more because Real sat deep. It's just the way game was set up.

And while I agree with tactical mistake to put Messi in the middle maybe there was no choice as Argentinian was tired from SA qualifications.

There was no excuse not to let Roberto play who was great in last Clasico and while some players that were left on barely could run anymore.

Team learns and grows in defeats, as Lucho said, so there'll be lessons to be learned from this.

Yeah. Learning from defeats is nice and all but we've made the same mistakes over and over again this season. You'd think that by now Lucho would've seen that Arda for Raki is a wrong sub, that taking the foot off the pedal is always going to come back and bite us (I.E. Sevilla, Deportivo, Valencia, Villareal) + others that we escaped with a narrow wins like against Las Palmas, Levante, Malaga.

I don't know, maybe i'm upset because the performance from the team on a day when we commemorated Johan was all kinds of wrong, but shit like this has happened many times in the past. To me he should have learned these lessons before this loss.

Vilarrubi

Yeah. Learning from defeats is nice and all but we've made the same mistakes over and over again this season. You'd think that by now Lucho would've seen that Arda for Raki is a wrong sub, that taking the foot off the pedal is always going to come back and bite us (I.E. Sevilla, Deportivo, Valencia, Villareal) + others that we escaped with a narrow wins like against Las Palmas, Levante, Malaga.

I don't know, maybe i'm upset because the performance from the team on a day when we commemorated Johan was all kinds of wrong, but shit like this has happened many times in the past. To me he should have learned these lessons before this loss.

Completely agree with this. Once again it proves attack is our best form of defence and RM were not that strong defensively we just didn't attack enough.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
"Cristiano recovered more balls (5) in the Clasico than Messi, Suarez & Neymar combined!
BBC registered nearly twice the number of shots as the MSN (13 vs 7) & recovered double the amount of balls (8 vs 4) in the Clasico.

MSN lost the ball 54 times & the BBC only 38. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans