Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomutov

Yes, but it is kind of strange to field 'once de gala' and tell them to save energy - then he should have started with some squad-players instead!
The 3 points are not as important as Tuesdays match, but we lost momentum, and have a bad run right now, that is not good. I'm not really afraid of losing the league-title, our lead is still big enough with the few matches left. But a loss to Madrid should always be avoided - so if it truly was pure tactics to try to clinch to the draw at 1-1, then we could have used all our 3 subs right there. Then we truly could have saved energy for Tuesday, while it wouldn't matter if we won, drew or lost, as you claim.

Well, Lucho surely was in a dilemma. If it had been another opponent he would have fielded another squad. But Classico at home, the Cruyff thing...you can´t do that. So you rather field your best eleven and tell them "Boys, play it smart. Don´t overpower here. We´ve got 7 important weeks to go with our biggest challenge on Tuesday". This could be the point. But you never now. We just don´t know what was going on in Lucho´s mind. We can only guess. But in the end the next game will tell us the answer, it´s quite simple. If we see a team running on full gas on Tuesday for 90 minutes (like against Bayern last season) then it´s clear we saved energy. If not, well, I suppose we will be in big trouble.

Iarwain

Until Pique's goal Barca were the better side, and even then it looked they didn't really push that hard. Even after Benzema's they appeared to have been settled with a draw.

Now about the tactical set-up and Messi playing in the middle behind Suarez I'm not sure what to think. Turan was clearly introduced to contain Marcelo's runs and at that moment they were lined up in a 4231 with Messi as #10. Last season in big games it was usually Neymar who dropped back so defending shape was essentially 442.

raedkuwait

Yes, but it is kind of strange to field 'once de gala' and tell them to save energy - then he should have started with some squad-players instead!
The 3 points are not as important as Tuesdays match, but we lost momentum, and have a bad run right now, that is not good. I'm not really afraid of losing the league-title, our lead is still big enough with the few matches left. But a loss to Madrid should always be avoided - so if it truly was pure tactics to try to clinch to the draw at 1-1, then we could have used all our 3 subs right there. Then we truly could have saved energy for Tuesday, while it wouldn't matter if we won, drew or lost, as you claim.

U have to understand it is very very very hard for lucho to bench any of the front 3 players
in this match , needs a really strong coach to do that u know

J

Jamie Cal

The reception for this has been quite dull, no? It seems like people don't really give a shit. And while I get that it was pretty inconsequential for us, it's a bad mindframe to get into.

I thought the lack of subs last night when we were clearly up shit creek was baffling. We were in a clear rut, we had warning signs, and did nothing to negate it other than bring on Arda (and for Rakitic of all people). We really shouldn't of lost that game, even Ramos decision aside.

Tuesday night will tell us whether we're self preserving or we're running out of legs. It was clear last year that fitness was more important than ever and I worry it's the latter. Suarez missing Sociedad will be a blessing in disguise at least, but provided we get through, we absolutely have to rotate heavy.

amircule

[tw]716617802543669250[/tw]
This how you pay tribute to a legend, not with a bunch of tourists who don't even know the fucking chants.

Last edited:

Darko

Pathetic performance, deservedly beaten by a poor Real side. The only positive is that this should be a wake-up call.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Considering that Ramos got his first yellow ilegally cuz Suarez was offside , Bale's goal was wrongfully called off and also that we scored the winner with a player less.. It's really baffling that some of you are arguing that this win wasn't deserved.

Kohe321

It absolutely was deserved for RM IMO. The team that deserved the loss got it, and it was all due to our pathetic deflation in the second half.

oggmar

Considering that Ramos got his first yellow ilegally cuz Suarez was offside , Bale's goal was wrongfully called off and also that we scored the winner with a player less.. It's really baffling that some of you are arguing that this win wasn't deserved.

Cant be offside on dead ball kick

lmcr17

it was a goal kick so you're wrong ramos should've been off by the 24th minute. and again in like the 50th and finally he was in the 80th or so.
and i doubt any of that would have happened if you had to play with 10 for so long.

in any case we didnt play how we should've and I dont think a rm win was undeserved but it could of easily gone differently.

F

Flavia

we were unbeaten for 39 games the run had to end at some point..maybe we just expect perfection when that isn't reality?

Yes. And I think after beating them 0-4 at the bernaleo, and the unbeaten streak, many thought this would be a cakewalk. And there's never such thing in a clasico. It happens sometimes, but it's not the norm. rm is always dangerous, and they deserved thew win yesterday. Playing without a RW yesterday was one of the biggest factors for the loss, and I hope Enrique took notes about it.

This is really a good analysis of the match: http://www.totalbarca.com/2016/analysis/matches/review-unfocused-barca-lose-much-improved-madrid/
And this: http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/25191/barca-1-rm-2-aka-the-one-that-didnt-matter/

serghei

Average position of players vs Atletico (2-1):

CfEkeO_VIAAPhfq.jpg

Average position of players vs Madrid (1-2):

CfEkeQ1UAAAdgA7.jpg

Says it all really.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
it was a goal kick so you're wrong ramos should've been off by the 24th minute. and again in like the 50th and finally he was in the 80th or so.

That's why you want a referee with balls like Mallenco, Lahoz, Borbalan etc. with plenty of Clasico experience that would tell Ramos to fuck off and give him the red instead of being a little chicken shit like that idiot yesterday who did what you see too often with referees being afraid of sending players off early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans