Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Game wasn't changed when Raki came off for Arda.

Real had just equalised from Marcelo burning past Raki for the umpteenth time. Nothing changed with Arda it was already heading that way.

I think Marcelo loves playing in games with Messi. He has so much freedom and no barriers in midfield to stop his runs.

dakt

MSM have to give more defensively in special games. In these type of games, you can't afford the luxury of having 3 players that don't do defensive work. Bale and Ronaldo worked a lot in defence. The nature of the game meant more for them.

Hmm...this seem familiar.

mazp

That's what worries me the most. Complacency went on full mode after the goal. They literally stopped and started thinking about atletico. Maybe it was a good wake up call. Fifa virus hit us hard again, as it usually does. Strange so many were thinking this would be easy.

rm deserved to win, and Bale had a great match.

It's what happens when you have a nice cushion in the league. RM deserved the win, we were due for a loss, I'll start to worry If we take the foot off the pedal against the AM on Tues. if they do then it's a serious problem. This team has always stepped up when it mattered most.

SKS-

The two big keys to this game I think will be RM's forwards and our fullbacks, but in different aspects. Their frontline needs to assist the rest of their team in pressing and close down the channels in midfield if they want any chance at a decent result; otherwise its going to be a long game for the whites. For Barça, if the fullbacks play well, particularly if Dani Alves can replicate his performance from back in November, and if Alba can frustrate Bale, we will be in good shape.

Said this before the match, and I think for the most part RM's forwards did what they needed to get themselves in good positions. On the flip side our fullbacks were sub-par in the balance of the game, particularly Alba.

serghei

Yeah, people acting like Raki had a good game. The fluency of the game suffered almost everytime the ball got to him. He's just not a very good playmaker. He's great off the ball, it's a problem when we have 75% of it and he has to create.

Morten

Barca was obviously not at their best, but there were some positive improvements from Real Madrid. The front trio actually tracked back this time around, this trend must continue.

jairzinho

MSM have to give more defensively in special games. In these type of games, you can't afford the luxury of having 3 players that don't do defensive work. Bale and Ronaldo worked a lot in defence. The nature of the game meant more for them.

Agreed. Alba and Alvez recieved zero help and were isolated because Messi and Neymar refused to track back even past the half way line on numerous occasions. Marcelo and Carvajal were venturing forward at will.

Jägermeister

Season's over as far as I'm concerned. La Liga's done (well actually we have Anoeta next... could get ugly), We won't get past Atleti playing like this, and I can't give a shit about the CDR right now.

La Liga is done? Because we lost against Real after x unbeaten games? We played poorly today, but we still have everything in our own hands.

Only way we win the CL is if Atleti gives us a real wake up call on Tuesday by winning by 2+ goals to light a fire under the players' asses and wipe away the "we were saving ourselves for Atleti" mentality so we manage to rek them in the return leg, and the momentum carries us to the end of the season.

Villarreal should have been the wake up call. We need something drastic now.

SirXavi

The Engineer
Only way we win the CL is if Atleti gives us a real wake up call on Tuesday by winning by 2+ goals to light a fire under the players' asses and wipe away the "we were saving ourselves for Atleti" mentality so we manage to rek them in the return leg, and the momentum carries us to the end of the season.

Villarreal should have been the wake up call. We need something drastic now.

Return leg is at the Calderon. We're basically done if we give up 2+ away goals. No way we come back at the Calderon under those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans