ECA is discussing the idea of a Football "Super League" - Your opinion?

ECA is discussing the idea of a Football "Super League" - Your opinion?

• I agree with it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm against it

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I don't have an opinion/don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Idea of European Superleague was much more popular 10-15 years ago and our former president Joan Laporta was a spokesperson of the group of clubs asking for iz.

Eventually UEFA saw they had no hand and met some of their demands.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Not really a good idea. Maybe change the format of CL a bit, make it into a league type, but it'd add too many matches.

raskolnikov

It will get there eventually. The gap between the super rich and the rest is growing hugely. All leagues will become draft leagues for the epl bar the few super rich teams in it.

Yannik

I have to say, the idea has it's pros and it's cons.
It would limit the number of leagues to watch, but then again really noone actually watches all leagues. People have their 1 league or team they stick with, and the other thing they care about is CL. Even uniteresting fixtures in the own favourite league are barely going to be watched by mane. In a super league people would really try to watch as much games as possible.

But before I'd say yes or no to that, I'd like to know how this is executed. Will there be fair central TV marketing? Is there are also a European 2nd division with teams competing for the Superleague? Will there still be knockout stages? What determines who is starting in the Superleague? etc etc..

raskolnikov

I have to say, the idea has it's pros and it's cons.
It would limit the number of leagues to watch, but then again really noone actually watches all leagues. People have their 1 league or team they stick with, and the other thing they care about is CL. Even uniteresting fixtures in the own favourite league are barely going to be watched by mane. In a super league people would really try to watch as much games as possible.

But before I'd say yes or no to that, I'd like to know how this is executed. Will there be fair central TV marketing? Is there are also a European 2nd division with teams competing for the Superleague? Will there still be knockout stages? What determines who is starting in the Superleague? etc etc..

Based on the European ranking. And there should be more divisions so teams can relegate and rise. Atleast it would even the field and give opportunity to teams that no stand no chance to win a cl.
An nba type structure is also possible, with maybe all national teams in a cup so you will still have those matches as well.
I dont like it to be honest but with the way football is heading its better then psg type league wins every year, 50+ goals a season for strikers and the same 4/5 teams trading the cl each year.
Thats the way we are heading anyway with England set up to be the only competetive league left.
Then imagine in 20 years your kids will be like "that Messi guy you always spoke so highly of is nothing compared to this and this guy, since he only did it in a national league and cl was still a cup" It will makes us Pele type fanboys :p

Yannik

Based on the European ranking. And there should be more divisions so teams can relegate and rise. Atleast it would even the field and give opportunity to teams that no stand no chance to win a cl.
An nba type structure is also possible, with maybe all national teams in a cup so you will still have those matches as well.
I dont like it to be honest but with the way football is heading its better then psg type league wins every year, 50+ goals a season for strikers and the same 4/5 teams trading the cl each year.
Thats the way we are heading anyway with England set up to be the only competetive league left.
Then imagine in 20 years your kids will be like "that Messi guy you always spoke so highly of is nothing compared to this and this guy, since he only did it in a national league and cl was still a cup" It will makes us Pele type fanboys :p

"Another European Superleague record for Martin 'MÖ7' Ödegaard, surely he is the best player in history."
"Uhh Messi was quite good he-"
"Shut up grandpa, you did not even have offside-rules"

Home of Barca Fans