Lliga | Round 30: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalan Fan

The ref was one of the worst I've seen all season, flashing a yellow for almost every tackle.In fairness he was consistent, giving cards out to both teams (for little or no reason).He basically ruined the game for me.

Let's be honest we were poor, we offered little in attack and the midfield were non exsistent at times when they came forward, leaving the (admittedly shocking) defence up against it.

Lucho was thinking ahead when he made the subs, obviously concerned about getting a red card and losing the game.It backfired to a degree as we still shipped 2 goals and only managed a draw.But we were shit and vulnerable BEFORE he made the changes.That performance was down to lack of professionalism not fucking tiredness.

Credit to Villarreal as they played with intensity for the whole game and possibly should of won.

For everyone on here who has singled out individual players.... you are wrong.It was an awful team performance and we got away with a point by the skin of our teeth.

In my humble opinion, that display was really not acceptable.We were very lucky Atleti dropped points and extended the lead.

EDIT; that's after I've calmed down, after the game.

Last edited:

rixxer

I agree, nothing he could really do about that. I've liked him overall this season, he's just one of those players than certain fans with criticize and shout sell sell sell when it's not his day.

He did give a ball away right after the first goal of submarines, but luckily it resulted no goal. The second goals was pure accident, no blame for frenchman. He was a bit under pressure as always when he is coming in as a sub, but did not committ many mistakes, but it is clear that he doesn't have distribution cabapilities of Pique and that's why he struggles under severe pressure. But he was crucial in the end by clearing crosses to the box by submarines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans