Lliga | Round 30: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

I am actually glad that the team hasn't got the same mindset as some of their supporters. It really got me angry to know that the players , trainer are getting compared to God which is, in my honest, humble and of course personal opinion, a sign of complete delusion, lack of respect for oneself and others and extreme fanboyeurism. And I choose my words with great care. It's really frustrating nowadays that people don't pay that much attention to he words they are using and/or hearing/reading. It is through the same mindset that a culture and it's language starts getting "dephased" so to say.. At the time of Shakespeare, they had one fifth of the vocabulary we're using today. Does that mean that the English used nowadays is necessarily more eloquent and sophisticated. Just food for thought as English is not my mother tongue.

The match against Arsenal reminded us that they are human after all and that football, just as in every other sport, has strong mental aspects. I really really hope I am wrong, but I think it will get tougher to keep the same mindset for the upcoming 3-4 tough weeks. Villareal will be a good indicator of the team's state of mind.

Please forgive me if I offended anybody that shouldn't feel offended by what I just said, the " we'll trash them" kind of talks started to irritate me. What I really liked and still like about this club, is it's life philosophy : humility and altruism are at it's core and I don't want to support a club that starts to become arrogant. Kudos to Enrique who still vehicles, in his own way, some aspects of the clubs philosophy. Let's hope we'll have role models such as Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol in the future.

To go back to the topic, I would like to have this team facing Villareal :

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mascherano-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Turan-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

I still don't know if Turan got totally accustomed to the system but he can be the kinfd of player that can hurt them with his lateral runs.

raskolnikov

Time for Messi to pick up a "knock" in this match and sit out the Argentina fixtures.

Tough schedule starts now and our streak could end here, hoping that we pull of the win of course but im ok with us drawing it as well.

vlad

yep "trash them" comments are really annoying and they say real madrid fans are arrogant, there is no diference with that kind of mindset, and when barca lose, same people will bash players and coach.

on topic

villareal play attacking football at home ground, i predict draw here or 1:2 win, pique in 85 minute from corner for winner, :)

Last edited:

Altomonte

Villareal played 0:0 today (Bayer Leverkusen) and are through to next round. Defense is playing well. Will be a tough match for Barca, but Villareal players should be a little tired after trip to Germany.

beogatts

vidal--pique--vermalen--mathieu
turan--busi--bob
MSN

this shuld b fine. n 1-0 win would do with 3rd gear play

BarçaBarça

vidal--pique--vermalen--mathieu
turan--busi--bob
MSN

this shuld b fine. n 1-0 win would do with 3rd gear play

No, mate. :facepalm:

First of all: Strongest possible line-up is necessary - we subbed Iniesta & Rakitic out against Arsenal for them to be more rested against Villareal!
Second of all: We need to play at full force, and be concentrated through the whole game - no 3rd gear!

Villareal is one of the toughest matches left in the league this season - let's get it done rather than thinking it is already over.
They beat Napoli - who challenges Juventus for the title this year, it is not an easiy match, this!

I'm optimistic because of the teams performance against Arsenal, and generally looks concentrated in every game. Plus Villareal did not beat Leverkusen, although they didn't have to, and lost to Seville last weekend, so they are not at full confidence. But it wouldn't be suprising if we draw this one. I sure hope for a win - maybe an ugly one once again, it is the 3 points that matters, this weekend :)

B

beautifulgame

Lol at people thinking Villarreal is an easy game like they are Arsenal or something

beogatts

No, mate. :facepalm:

First of all: Strongest possible line-up is necessary - we subbed Iniesta & Rakitic out against Arsenal for them to be more rested against Villareal!
Second of all: We need to play at full force, and be concentrated through the whole game - no 3rd gear!

Villareal is one of the toughest matches left in the league this season - let's get it done rather than thinking it is already over.
They beat Napoli - who challenges Juventus for the title this year, it is not an easiy match, this!

I'm optimistic because of the teams performance against Arsenal, and generally looks concentrated in every game. Plus Villareal did not beat Leverkusen, although they didn't have to, and lost to Seville last weekend, so they are not at full confidence. But it wouldn't be suprising if we draw this one. I sure hope for a win - maybe an ugly one once again, it is the 3 points that matters, this weekend :)

i can confirm Lucho will get the best 11 on the field anyway :lucho: so its gona b a win.. n agreed, a tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans