Lliga | Round 30: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

I would sign up for a El Clasico loss, but a 2-0/3-0 Win against Atleti right now. For me, repeating as CL winners is the goal. I would rest players against Madrid. (Which I know won't happen)

SeloBarca

Our midfield is definitely not mediocre.

It is when it comes to control. Iniesta can hold the ball against 2 players, the rest (not Busquetes as a DM) quite easily drops the ball when under preassure which burdens our defence more.
Xavi could do that aswell, which made Iniesta and Xavi so extremly good together.
They also lacks creativity, which Messi has to provide instead.

vlad

I would sign up for a El Clasico loss, but a 2-0/3-0 Win against Atleti right now. For me, repeating as CL winners is the goal. I would rest players against Madrid. (Which I know won't happen)

la liga is much more closer than CL, la liga and copa del rey, i would sign for that, CL is just a bonus

mazp

la liga is much more closer than CL, la liga and copa del rey, i would sign for that, CL is just a bonus

Yes. But winning CL again would cement the Messi/Barca era legacy. Which is already an all time great. It's the last thing left to do. And yes I know it takes luck, etc,etc. if MSN stay healthy I don't see anyone beating us.

ManusXavi

Think it was more due to the subs. Enrique changed the defense completely, that's not good during games.

I have not watched the game yet. I see the subs he made during the game and I agree that too much change with the defense during games is 'poor form' by Enrique.
Enrique will take note from this.

I have no feelings about the draw. It is not a bad result. :)

beogatts

only got to watch the game at 60mins.. right after mathieu's o.g.
we did play like shit for 2nd half..but i forgive barca as long as they wont make this mistake again vs important match.:vermaelen:

Neeraj

We got lucky to get the point.

Trend of losing leads; a top dog team should not be dropping points after going 2-0; especially not more than once in the season.

The point itself isn't bad though - but jeez Mathieu and Alves were laughable..

amazingoopah

Ugly game, but gained a point on Atleti... That's all the matters in the end.

Need to regroup and put RM out of their misery at the Camp Nou. We can't afford to give them momentum by dropping a game to them right now, especially since they are already getting a freebie by playing Wolfsburg. We will have to play the full squad (if healthy).

raskolnikov

If we beat Real they will go all out on cl, which for them is only a 3 match tournament every year which they luckily screw up almost every year.
La liga does seem wrapped up though, we need 5 wins or probably 4 might and a 1/2 draws might even do it.
We have 4 home games, Real, Valencia, Gijon, Espanyol. That alone at the minimum should be 3w, 1d. Then away games at Sociedad,depor, Betis, Granada. Unless we bottle it completely and Atletico/Real go on an insane streak and win everything, we shoud be extremely optimistic.

ATLBarcaFan

Would have been happy with a draw before kickoff, but hated to blow the 2-0 lead. Although a draw was probably a fair result. I just don't like the way we're playing, seem to lack intensity

FCB16

I see the subs he made during the game and I agree that too much change with the defense during games is 'poor form' by Enrique.
Enrique will take note from this.
Pique got a YC, and the referee was bad and made a lot of mistakes, so it' too risky not changing him because RC means no clasico

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans