Lucho happy but says shorter contracts are better

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona coach thinks it makes more sense for managers to commit to shorter contracts these days.

359cope.jpg

BarçaBarça

Sounds quite honest - I like that :) Many people forget that coaching a top team is not a bed of roses, even when we are as successful as now.
Our match schedule speaks for itself this season - it really has been intense, and it is quite an achievement to keep the team going.
On top of that managing is more than putting MSN in the starting 11 - he has to keep everybody happy, and still convince them to follow his little changes in tactics before every game.

I imagine it is like Messi said about winning and competing all the time - they just stay focused and wait 'till it is over to look back (he meant retirement, for Lucho that might be when his Barca-spell ends). Sounds like he could be tempted to take a year off when he is done in Barca a couple of trebles from now :lol:

Shorter contracts is of course also a way to put pressure on the board, and secure more power: Do as I demand, or I'll find another challenge. This is getting increasingly important, I would imagine, and might be top priority for coaches nowadays with owners or boards overruling them in transfer-situations, summer-preparations, commercial tours etc..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's more of keeping everyone on their toes (board, players, himself too - read Simeone's interview btw).

Pressure of winning all the time is great and you can't relax too much.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lucho likes to have the ball in his court when it comes to dealing with this board. Nothing wrong with that.

Well, yeah, what's wrong with that ? Although Pep definitely trusted laporta a lot more than lucho does barto. There are of course many good reasons to wish for short contracts.

Home of Barca Fans