User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lliga | Round 28: SD Eibar - FC Barcelona 0-4

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lliga | Round 28: SD Eibar - FC Barcelona 0-4

No time to rest for Barca (unless you are Neymar and suspended) as Catalans travel to Basque Country this Sunday to meet the surprise package of La Liga this season, Eibar, coached by Jose Luis Mendilibar.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Neymar
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Flavia
    Referee is Mallenco.

Eibar isn't in great form lately, 6 losses in the last 8 games. But they're dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No rest indeed, every time a game ends a new game is already scheduled in a few days.
    I want Suarez to get subbed in this game, its obvious he needs a rest as his finishing has been poor a few games now.
    Eibar probably will go all out, also take in mind we did sort of screw them over last year with the Depor thing.
    They shouldnt be in la liga though to be honest with their 5k capacity. On the other hand they have been doing great this season so they do deserve it and its praiseworthy as well.
    Lets hope for a casual 0-3 type win with little struggle.
    6RACIES XAVI

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be too risky to play Iniesta again imo.
    Turan-Roberto-Rakitic midfield will be Lucho's choice.

Previously known as Mehssi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We catch them during a bad spell, they were way more dangerous at the beginning of the seasn but still need to be carefull and serious about getting the 3 points

Messi gave a performance last season at Ipurua that still fills all his youtube videos to this day, and with his recent form, I'm hoping for the same
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mallenco??
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an easy game, I remember last season when we played them we had a hard time there, despite the score line (0:2). Again fatigue (which I think explained Suarez' and Neymar's rustiness) could be an issue.

I take Munir will start. That means we will rely on the right side of our attack. Hope Dani will be up to the task not just offensively but defensively as well.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of Mallenco. One of the best referees around, and easily the best in Spain. Worried about fatigue and the 16h kick-off time, tho. Does Eibar got any suspensions for this game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this will be another "Barca is poor but narrowly wins" type of game
    The official Barcaforum 2016/17 MotM thread

"At Barcelona, you’ll hear about this kid on the youth team. He wears number 10 like you. He’s small like you. He plays with the ball like you.[...]His name is Leo Messi.[...]I want you to give him one piece of advice.

Tell him, “Play with happiness. Play free. Just play with the ball.”

Even when you are gone, the free style will live on in Barcelona through Messi."

Ronaldinho Gaucho,to his 8 year old self

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are going to win this one fairly straightforward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Not an easy game, I remember last season when we played them we had a hard time there, despite the score line (0:2). Again fatigue (which I think explained Suarez' and Neymar's rustiness) could be an issue.

I take Munir will start. That means we will rely on the right side of our attack. Hope Dani will be up to the task not just offensively but defensively as well.
    Last year we played a weakend team. Montoya, Adriano, Bartra. Sergi Roberto and Rafinha who weren't regulars at the time also started.

Would have been more worried about this game when Eibar were on a great run earlier on in the season but they are on the slide now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celta and Sevilla were on a slide when we met them, weren't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small clubs on a "slide" tend to overcome their problems and fight like they never did before when they're against us, so once again I expect a difficult game.
    Players like Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal and Vermaelen need to step up and prove their worth by helping the team in this kind of game, just like Mathieu did at Balaidos last season.

I would start with this 11 :

Bravo
    Vidal - Pique - Vermaelen - Alba
    Rakitic - Sergi.R - Arda
    Messi - Suarez - Munir