11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Gnidrologist

And have no competitive team to play in it?

That's what Arsenal did.
He wont make us competitive, just even more of a laughing stock knowing we cashed out fortune for a maybe-woudbe youtube-hero kid out of sheer desperation. I'd rather this season be some sort of transition period than making it even more of a farce. It's okay to buy Seri as his price is 'almost' reasonable and the type of player he is, is what we lack most. Yet another young prospect, who wont make much impact.. eh i dunno.. This board already made so many moronic shit so why not. Guess it can't get any more farcical. But i'm rock certain that he wont make more impact than likes of young Suarez or Delufeu. He's even more overhyped than Pogba was.

edit: waching Man City - Everton and affirming my previous view that if anyone (besides Verrati, naturally) could really reinforce us it could've been Bernardo Silva. 100% ''barca dna'' and very mature in his decision making. Dembele is just a trick pony for now. Did we even bid for him?

Last edited:

El Guaje

He wont make us competitive, just even more of a laughing stock knowing we cashed out fortune for a maybe-woudbe youtube-hero kid out of sheer desperation. I'd rather this season be some sort of transition period than making it even more of a farce. It's okay to buy Seri as his price is 'almost' reasonable and the type of player he is, is what we lack most. Yet another young prospect, who wont make much impact.. eh i dunno.. This board already made so many moronic shit so why not. Guess it can't get any more farcical. But i'm rock certain that he wont make more impact than likes of young Suarez or Delufeu. He's even more overhyped than Pogba was.

edit: waching Man City - Everton and affirming my previous view that if anyone (besides Verrati, naturally) could really reinforce us it could've been Bernardo Silva. 100% ''barca dna'' and very mature in his decision making. Dembele is just a trick pony for now. Did we even bid for him?

We have no time to use this season as some sort of transition period. The core of our team getting old + years of bad transfers have fucked everything up. Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Mascherano and Pique are all 30+. Hell Busquets is 29. We must use the last few years we have of Messi wisely. Suarez is already shit, Iniesta is not the godly player he once was and Rakitic can not be counted on, our left wing is dead, our right wing is dead, our midfield cant create even if their life depended on it and we are back to square one where Messi will have to take a load heavy af where we will lack penetration as soon as he gets marked and crowded out of the game.

We must start rebuilding right now and even that went to shit when our board bought fucking 29 year old Paulinho for 40m. The longer we wait the more players will have to be replaced under a shorter period of time. If Liverpool and Dortmund are asking for huge money then so be it. We have freakin 222m in cash, just pay up. If we dont another club will and we'll be left with our shit squad and leftovers in the transfer market,.

Gnidrologist

Okay, but we need a good CM first so spending, like, the 3/4ths of Neymar money on some no-name 20 year old winger would be just another Paulinho decision. Wings can be maintained with our supportive cast, while leaving Messi do the clinical stuff, but we have literally no CMs, which means inability to even get the ball forward properly sans occasional Roberto burst or Busquets cutting pass.

Givenchy

we'll go through a rough enough transitional period once Messi retires.. do people really want to watch Madrid win 3 CL's back to back?

i totally agree Dembele isn't worth even 100m let alone the 150m it will probably cost but we have to accept football is changing and if we don't pay that? PSG, Madrid, United and City will.. buying more average shite will set us back even further than we are now. since Neymar left we literally have nobody in place to take the reigns once Messi and co retire and thats a scary prospect. la masia seems dried up and we can't expect another golden generation any time soon

im amazed we didn't try for Bernardo but i guess it makes too much sense for Barto

Jombi

Okay, but we need a good CM first so spending, like, the 3/4ths of Neymar money on some no-name 20 year old winger would be just another Paulinho decision. Wings can be maintained with our supportive cast, while leaving Messi do the clinical stuff, but we have literally no CMs, which means inability to even get the ball forward properly sans occasional Roberto burst or Busquets cutting pass.

Just because Dembele is a no-name to you doesnt make him a bad investment. He's been dominating both the French and the German league so far in his career. His age should be used as an argument to buy him, not an argument to dismiss him.

I like him, and I hope he gets here. Howver, I don't think he has the technique necessary to become a fantastic player yet.
He reminds me of Sanchez a little, an amazing player who does well with a lot of space, but becomes one dimensional once the space is tight.

If we somehow fail to get Dembele, then I don't want the board wasting any more of our money. Just get Seri and leave the rest of the money for a competent board to rebuild the team. Better that than splurging on more old trash like Di Maria.

That said, I'm standing by my prediction that we'll cough up the money at the last minute (but keep haggling over pennies until then). Board needs to try to keep their jobs after all. They basically promised us Coutinho and Dembele and already failed to deliver on the first promise. Fail to get Dembele and they're done for sure.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No way in hell would Bartomeu leave money for the next president. Remember how Laporta too overspent in his last months?

No way in hell would Bartomeu leave money for the next president. Remember how Laporta too overspent in his last months?

Good thing there's only 10 days left in this transfer window then. If they fail to get Dembele they probably won't get anyone besides Seri. Just got to hope that the Di Maria rumors either don't have much substance to them, or that the board aren't able to get him in the few days left.

kollegah

"14 dribbles by Neymar last night. In last 10 years, only one player had managed to dribble that much in one game; it was Ousmane Dembélé." just pay 150m

Ronaldinho10

Dribble isn't everything tho, btw you should dribble efficiently not just to past players and then waste it.

Have to agree dribble is defenatly not everything but dembele looks like a player that has more qualities beyond dribble like finishing and passing.

Home of Barca Fans