11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

God Serena

If we could get him and Deulofeu both into the squad next season we'd have a fantastic front line and sub options, if Munir replaces Paco.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we could get him and Deulofeu both into the squad next season we'd have a fantastic front line and sub options, if Munir replaces Paco.

Our problem is midfield though. Need to sort it this summer and get Dembele in 2018 (Dortmund won't sell tbis summer anyway).

F

FlaFCB

I just hope we won't miss out on him for deulofeu. He's the one who should be brought for the rw, he's younger and a much better player than deulo.

Messi983

Why do you think we would miss out on Dembele because of Deulofeu? There are 3 possibilites with Deu if we bring him back imo.

1. He shows he's ready for Barça, establish himself as our starter (most likely at RW) and stays here for years to come. In this scenario we probably won't need Dembele (as much as I like him, if we can get great production out of Deulofeu for 12M, that's a lot better than spend 60M+ on Dembele) and could maybe use "Dembele money" to buy someone like Dybala in 2-3 years as longterm Suarez replacement.

2. Deulofeu fails to make an impact here and we sell him in a year or two. Keep in mind that his net transfer fee would only be 6M (our buy clause 12M minus 6M we received from Everton in 2015) and we can probably sell him for a fee at least as high next summer. And then we can buy Dembele or maybe another young player that will emerge next season if Dembele won't progress as expected.

3. He won't be good enough to become a starter but he'll show enough to be a good backup for MSN (he could probably cover all three positions upfront) for 2-3 seasons, maybe even more if he would be happy in that role. If not, we can sell him for 10-15M or even more. I think that scenario is the most likely to happen.

I really don't see any downside in bringing Gerard back and see what he has to offer. We could spend those 12M much worse than on him.

F

FlaFCB

Why do you think we would miss out on Dembele because of Deulofeu? There are 3 possibilites with Deu if we bring him back imo.

1. He shows he's ready for Barça, establish himself as our starter (most likely at RW) and stays here for years to come. In this scenario we probably won't need Dembele (as much as I like him, if we can get great production out of Deulofeu for 12M, that's a lot better than spend 60M+ on Dembele) and could maybe use "Dembele money" to buy someone like Dybala in 2-3 years as longterm Suarez replacement.

2. Deulofeu fails to make an impact here and we sell him in a year or two. Keep in mind that his net transfer fee would only be 6M (our buy clause 12M minus 6M we received from Everton in 2015) and we can probably sell him for a fee at least as high next summer. And then we can buy Dembele or maybe another young player that will emerge next season if Dembele won't progress as expected.

3. He won't be good enough to become a starter but he'll show enough to be a good backup for MSN (he could probably cover all three positions upfront) for 2-3 seasons, maybe even more if he would be happy in that role. If not, we can sell him for 10-15M or even more. I think that scenario is the most likely to happen.

I really don't see any downside in bringing Gerard back and see what he has to offer. We could spend those 12M much worse than on him.

I want Dembele this summer, not the next one. I also think deulo won't work here, too little time has passed to be sure he's changed, and I think he didn't. He's selfish, and would probably piss off MSN to no end... I'd rather play Vidal as the rw, than to bring him back. Somehow he gives me a "di maria vibe", think that's what he'll turn out to be.

Ofc I could be dead wrong, but I'd rather spend 60m or more on Dembele, than 12m on deulo.

BarçaBarça

True that we could spend 12M worse, but has he really improved mentally? He was too egoistic and not working for the team in defence, that doesn't make him a ideal back-up-player, but if he really steps up to be a starting RW, that would be something. I just don't see that happening.

God Serena

True that we could spend 12M worse, but has he really improved mentally? He was too egoistic and not working for the team in defence, that doesn't make him a ideal back-up-player, but if he really steps up to be a starting RW, that would be something. I just don't see that happening.

He's a noticeably different player now than he was even a couple of months ago. His performance against France a few days ago wasn't just a random good day.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, but it was based on a sample size of two months. Let's wait and see if he really has improved or returns to his old ways.

God Serena

No, but it was based on a sample size of two months. Let's wait and see if he really has improved or returns to his old ways.

Assuming he keeps this form up until the end of the season bringing him back is our best option, imo. It'll be our only chance to get him for so cheap.

El Flaco

Dembele has to be blamed for Lewy's FK goal from today, really.

First he jumped too early, then ducked.

What the fuck?

[gfy]GlisteningHandmadeGalapagospenguin[/gfy]

Home of Barca Fans