11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

JamDav1982

As far as I remember there was not a lot of difference between what we were ready to offer for him & what Liverpool were demanding.

Who plays a hardball in bidding when you desperately need a player, there's not a lot of time left in the transfer window and the said player is a star player at one of the biggest clubs!? Besides we had already overpaid for Paulinho at least by that much anyway and there just was no way we could do that!

The incompetence lies in not making the right choices - Overpaying for a 29 some thing unproven player & overpaying for a proven player who is 4 years younger. Which one would you choose!?

Hardly incompentence to not immediately pay what Liverpool wanted and Liverpool didnt want to sell him anyway. How much are you claiming Barca could have got Coutinho for?

Paulinho has not looked like overpayed for him so far and he has brought a lot of things the team lacks. Paulinho had just turned 29 as well.

Last edited:

Sorin

Not giving Liverpool "a billion" is not incompetence. Just common sense.

Incompetence is waiting until August to put in a bid for him. Or anyone else for that matter. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that Neymar was gone as soon as he could squeeze Barca for every "fidelity" penny. In turn every other team knew Barcelona was desperate and in need for reinforcements with Neymar gone.

The team needed players like Coutinho or a CM way before July/August. These cunts decided to play the chicken game with Neymar and we got fucked in the end. Before that they also had only one plan and that was Verratti or bust. What competent board puts all its eggs in one basket? They acted like arrogant shits and it backfired.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not giving Liverpool "a billion" is not incompetence. Just common sense.

Incompetence is waiting until August to put in a bid for him. Or anyone else for that matter. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that Neymar was gone as soon as he could squeeze Barca for every "fidelity" penny. In turn every other team knew Barcelona was desperate and in need for reinforcements with Neymar gone.

The team needed players like Coutinho or a CM way before July/August. These cunts decided to play the chicken game with Neymar and we got fucked in the end. Before that they also had only one plan and that was Verratti or bust. What competent board puts all its eggs in one basket? They acted like arrogant shits and it backfired.

Of course that too.

The board's stupidity lies in being stubborn and chasing only non-signable players like Veratti or waiting on the same transfer target till it's too late like in the case of Veratti & Coutinho and just plain incompetence in general like losing out on one of the best players in the world.

JamDav1982

It wasnt obvious Neymar would leave and the players have said they didnt know.

This myth that Coutinho could have been got earlier in the summer doesnt add up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I Dont expect much from unproven player with fancy skills from you tube, i understand move from bartomeu, he just wanted to please angry fans after neymar left and there you go, 150 for a talent who still has to learn how to finish chances, and with him in the squad, we will still wait for messi to score.

So excited.

Just the similar numbers as Mbappe had when he was in his first season at Rennes at 18 years of age. Difference is that Rennes was a smaller club while Monaco was a better club with players that went to different teams as a result of their great season.

How did 'incompetence' lead to Coutinho not being signed?

Didn't Klopp or Liverpool through their close reporters claim they would have been open to negotiate had Barcelona contacted them earlier than when they started their pre-season in the middle of July?

I suppose you could argue it was a case of incompetence to chase Verratti when our past ventures with PSG players went straight to hell. That they should have gone for Coutinho or another attainable target right away.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Just the similar numbers as Mbappe had when he was in his first season at Rennes at 18 years of age. Difference is that Rennes was a smaller club while Monaco was a better club with players that went to different teams as a result of their great season.

Didn't Klopp or Liverpool through their close reporters claim they would have been open to negotiate had Barcelona contacted them earlier than when they started their pre-season in the middle of July?

I suppose you could argue it was a case of incompetence to chase Verratti when our past ventures with PSG players went straight to hell. That they should have gone for Coutinho or another attainable target right away.

Liverpool I think said the opposite and that he was never for sale.

There was ample time to go thrash out a deal if it was on.

If Klopp did say anything like that may have been to try end appease Coutinho a bit would be my guess.

DonAK

Liverpool I think said the opposite and that he was never for sale.

There was ample time to go thrash out a deal if it was on.

If Klopp did say anything like that may have been to try end appease Coutinho a bit would be my guess.

Klopp said that; http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...lopp-barcelona-transfer-request-a7888761.html

Never know if what he said reflected their management and owner's thoughts. I suppose their failure to land Naby Keita that summer played a role too.

JamDav1982

Klopp said that; http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...lopp-barcelona-transfer-request-a7888761.html

Never know if what he said reflected their management and owner's thoughts. I suppose their failure to land Naby Keita that summer played a role too.

That reads to me like Klopp trying not to be the one who stops Coutinho making his dream move.

Dont think Liverpool were ever selling him last summer. Too many things came together and owners would have been hounded by fans if did it.

Lots of big deals get done later in the summer and there were still weeks left.

DonAK

That reads to me like Klopp trying not to be the one who stops Coutinho making his dream move.

Dont think Liverpool were ever selling him last summer. Too many things came together and owners would have been hounded by fans if did it.

Lots of big deals get done later in the summer and there were still weeks left.

Maybe. Although Liverpool had a disaster of a transfer market themselves. First getting blanked by Leipzig for Naby Keita and then by Southampton for van Dijk.

Wouldn't have let him leave without a replacement or improving the team elsewhere.

Anyway, for the midfield there is no better available option than him so the club should try to agree a deal for him to come in the summer before PSG decide to line him up with Neymar in the Brazilian Friends Club they're building.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Replacements they wouldnt have had earlier in summer either.

Barca were making approaches from around mid July. So Liverpool were not really left late in day trying to find other players to bring in.

I have a feeling he will come next summer. Just the quotes hear from Klopp etc seem quite vague.

DonAK

Can never trust this club. That might seem like the obvious conclusion of this transfer saga, but they might hesitate or drop him to chase another target to save money or something :lol:

Home of Barca Fans