11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BusiTheKing

Did he maybe become too much of a play-maker too early in his career and lost sight of his identity as a player when he got in over his head at Barca?

Neymar was 100% a winger at Dembele's age. He built his play-making abilities slowly and gradually by learning from Messi and synthesizing a style that complemented his way of dribbling. But he still built it off a foundation as a winger. Even in his last season for us, his primary utility was still going past people out wide, making runs, and receiving balls. Mbappe is still very much a winger. It doesn't stop him from occasionally drifting inside, but he knows where he belongs and what he can do out there.

When he came here, it seemed logical that the role Dembele had in Dortmund would slot in perfectly. He could dribble both out wide and slalom through the middle, combine with Messi, put in crosses for Suarez and utilize his newly developed play-making and passing abilities. What I think went wrong is that he got too unfocused. He didn't know where to start, so he started nowhere, when what he should have done was just going simple as a primitive winger, who could then gradually learn how to slot in his more sophisticated skillset with his new teammates.

KingLeo10

And one more time, imo, guys who think that EV is guilty are deluded.
You guys should wait for his next club.
My estimation is that he will as equally as lost, wherever he will go.

DrZ0ZhJXgAA7KH1.jpg

Arnaez

He was never a great dribbler, he relies on speed and space as his touch isn't very good. Germany is more of a high pressing counter-attack league so he is probably more comfortable there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think the problem was that he missed training and didn't notify anyone. When club tried to call him he was unavailable for hour or so until he said he was sick.

Messigician

Think the problem was that he missed training and didn't notify anyone. When club tried to call him he was unavailable for hour or so until he said he was sick.

Absolutely disgraceful. It's no secret that I don't think much of Dembele compared to Malcom attitude wise but at least now 100 people will not call me a troll when I crtisise him.

Maxim4

He has been discriminated against by the pro-Madrid media since the beginning of the season. he warned his club I do not see the problem

Maxim4

When we catch the gastro, for 1h or 2h, it is very difficult to do anything, but he still managed to tell his coach.
new evidence of harassment against the boy!

Joan

At this point, I want to believe they have an agenda against him. Cause nobody can be that stupid. Have a job, they're paying you 12 mil - and you don't call in sick. Hopefully fined, if this proves to be true.

BBZ8800

When we catch the gastro, for 1h or 2h, it is very difficult to do anything, but he still managed to tell his coach.
new evidence of harassment against the boy!

Tell to your friend (Dembele) that in a big world, the opponents will do all sorts of dirty tricks.
Like fake news in media to make you lose your focus and concentration.
Publishing stories about your cheating on taxes, cheating on your girlfriend, being involved in a hookers scandal and similar.
Writing all the time how a club will be willing to sell you.
Before an important semifinal CL match, papers from your opponent (for example: Barca vs Juve) will write how Juve is interested in you in the next season.
The opponent's fans will sometimes sing infront of your hotel and you won't be able to sleep at night before semis.
The opponent's fans will boo at you at the games and yell rude things.
The opponent's defenders will call you ugly names and make dirty little fouls during 90 minutes and trying to make you lose your mind.

This is not Disney World, in real life people and the opponents are using 100s of lies and dirty tricks.
Your fiend will need to learn how to handle those.

If not, Roma, Lazio and Lyon will be his teams in 2022'.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One thing's for sure. Catalan press are quick to report and exaggerate.

I'll judge Dembele on the pitch and so far he's been exciting and unselfish. Work-rate leaves something to be desired though.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He will be sold this summer.

12 Months ago when some fans mentioned that he is not good enough, and how he should be sold and similar, we would see 10 angry replies and insults to each of those posts.

Today, we are not even getting insults anymore for saying that Dembele is not good enough.

That says a lot.

Majority have lowered their opinion and expectations from Dembele.

See? This old one feeds on the negative comments that he receives for the trolling! So, the best thing would be to ignore!!

Home of Barca Fans