11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

M

MessiCam

Next time you make a statement like that be sure to watch the matches too.

We concede a lot of shots but mostly are outside the area and with a low probability that they will result in a goal.

There's a difference between conceding long range shots like Willian yesterday and conceding this kind of chance that 90% of the time is a goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzdpCoDV38Y

Right! I watch every game by the way.

So here you go...

xG/90 per formation...

https://understat.com/team/Barcelona/2017

Go to the formations tab and have a look. The 4-4-2 results in a whopping 7 less goals over a season.

M

MessiCam

4-4-2 is better defensively with how slow our midfield is.

Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta are snails and would get torched if they leave more space behind.

With the 442 you have Rakitic more central with Busquets and deeper so an extra man behind.

Doubt we can play a 433 with Iniesta and Rakitic now. One prob have to go, if not both, but both should play on merit so you have to find another way, solution.
They actually don’t play any deeper... Have a look at their average positions per game. The only difference a double pivot makes is that you’re a CM short. Playing in 4-4-2 doesn’t make them faster either.

M

MessiCam

The xG isn't always accurate.

Atletico has the best defence by far in the league and they should have conceded 21 goals according to the xGa

So? That means Oblak is earning his wage.

Like I said. It is a myth that the 4-4-2 leads to a significantly better defence.

M

MessiCam

Oblak has made good saves but plenty of teams don't even have a shot on target against Atletico.

That’s happened 5 times by my count but in some games they get out shot by the opponent too. That they were expected to concede more doesn’t surprise me.

serghei

Semedo and him have to start vs Girona. It's just mandatory.

Semedo, Coutinho, Dembele and Vermaelen. Put them on from the start. Need to widen the range of players we can count on in the big games as Liga and CL are approaching the decisive period.

FCBfan22

Semedo and him have to start vs Girona. It's just mandatory.

Semedo, Coutinho, Dembele and Vermaelen. Put them on from the start. Need to widen the range of players we can count on in the big games as Liga and CL are approaching the decisive period.

Well, MD says that Mina will most likely start, so Vermaelen probably won't.

Coutinho and Semedo must start. There is no excuses.

Give Dembele one full half (doesn't matter if 1st or 2nd) in the game against Girona.

Kohe321

Cant score goals from the bench.

giphy.gif

Joan

That’s happened 5 times by my count but in some games they get out shot by the opponent too. That they were expected to concede more doesn’t surprise me.

Are you saying Atletico is not good defensively because they face shots (on target)?

Joan

The fact that we wanted to buy him before summer 2017. doesn't mean he wasn't a panic buy.

We tried to buy him for 15m, would we pay such amounts if it wasn't for Neymar leaving? Doubt so.

Home of Barca Fans