11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Ken_rosseneri

best player behind Messi IMO...
Linked up with team mates well
just unlucky not to score..
he is definitely starting ahead of Malcom IMO...

Great game from Dembele.. F*** all the haters and what the people say..
people saying they didn't like his performance but won't address that Suarez has been ass for a long time
Keep on improving bro...your work will do the work

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah, scored a grand total of 3+6 La liga goals in two seasons.

Why are you acting like 6 goals and 6 assists in 19 league starts was bad for a player who was 21 for most of the season? His scoring record by minutes played in UCL is also very good. Also having UCL knockout goals against Juventus, Bayern, plus 2 screamers against Barca shows that he definitely does have scoring talent.

Plus that was an offense built entirely around servicing Ronaldo. When even your starting striker barely cracks 2 shots per game because 75%+ of all attacking play is directed towards getting Ronaldo his 7-8+ shots per game, it's gonna be tough for a 21 year old bit part role player in the most stacked squad in the world to make an impact.

This season is a big one for Asensio. He's poised to be a full time starter for them and have a big role on the left while Bale is the main star on the right. Already in the first game he assisted Bale's goal and looked solid. We'll see what he does with the weight on his shoulders

Ken_rosseneri

Why are you acting like 6 goals and 6 assists in 19 league starts was bad for a player who was 21 for most of the season? His scoring record by minutes played in UCL is also very good. Also having UCL knockout goals against Juventus, Bayern, plus 2 screamers against Barca shows that he definitely does have scoring talent.

Plus that was an offense built entirely around servicing Ronaldo. When even your starting striker barely cracks 2 shots per game because 75%+ of all attacking play is directed towards getting Ronaldo his 7-8+ shots per game, it's gonna be tough for a 21 year old bit part role player in the most stacked squad in the world to make an impact.

This season is a big one for Asensio. He's poised to be a full time starter for them and have a big role on the left while Bale is the main star on the right. Already in the first game he assisted Bale's goal and looked solid. We'll see what he does with the weight on his shoulders

exactly man.. some Barca fans are very hard to please.. acting like he's not an actual talent..
what has dennis suarez done so far? andre gomes? Aleix vidal (when he was here), hell even Rafinha? Paco?
they criticize every little thing dembele does.. oh he had a bad touch at 60th mins, oh he didn't dribble the player at 75th minute..
make me sick to my stomach..
Dembele is proving his doubters wrong..if anything its the coach who should be gone

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
exactly man.. some Barca fans are very hard to please.. acting like he's not an actual talent..
what has dennis suarez done so far? andre gomes? Aleix vidal (when he was here), hell even Rafinha? Paco?
they criticize every little thing dembele does.. oh he had a bad touch at 60th mins, oh he didn't dribble the player at 75th minute..
Dembele is proving his doubters wrong..if anything its the coach who should be gone

Haha the comment thread was talking about Asensio, but you're not totally out of context because it was preceded by BBZ's apostles as always shitting on Dembele. This time for his finishing, as if he can never improve despite the fact that he often scores beauties and is perfectly ambidextrous.

I think Dembele is gonna be a key player for us this season. He is showing a lot of progress even if some choose to ignore it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

None of those cost Barca 120 million euros. You have to take things into perspective.

Donatello

I guess RM are grooming him as their new no. 7. Their plan is to give him this year to make his name. If he turns out good, no need for Neymar, else they'll go for Neymar or someone else.

But, anyway, my point wasn't comparing Asensio to dembele, or his goalscoring instincts. It was about the progress he made in his finishing from his Mallorca days, Dembele can do it as well.

xXKonan

None of those cost Barca 120 million euros. You have to take things into perspective.
I mean is it Dembele's fault that he cost 120 Million either?

He was 20 years old when we got him. We could have gotten him for much less during his Rennes years but he wanted to go to Dortmund because he thought he can develop there as MSN will always be priority. Dortmund was always going to charge us way more than what he was worth at the time.

Real got lucky as fuck with Asensio being only 4.5 Million euros.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I mean is it Dembele's fault that he cost 120 Million either?

He was 20 years old when we got him. We could have gotten him for much less during his Rennes years but he wanted to go to Dortmund because he thought he can develop there as MSN will always be priority. Dortmund was always going to charge us way more than what he was worth at the time.

Real got lucky as fuck with Asensio being only 4.5 Million euros.

So you have same expectations from Denis and Dembele.
Nice.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mourinho couldn't utilize several super talented players. Pep couldn't handle Zlatan after a while, although for other reasons. Not sure why it's inconceivable that Valverde might be unable to do the same with Dembele or even other young midfielders or forwards.

That said he still has a personal responsibility to improve and adapt so won't comment on him until the mid-season. A lot of games to be played and he might do great or fade away.

Either way I completely trust his talent and if he doesn't succeed here I'm sure he will elsewhere and become a WC player eventually.

Would be a pity for Barca of course, but the club will survive if it can recoup a significant part of his fee and get some other pieces for this team to do great in the short- and long-term.

xXKonan

So you have same expectations from Denis and Dembele.
Nice.
My expectations between the two are different.

Denis was never considered some high level prospect. He was a decent prospect that could be more than that but from what he has shown here so far not really meeting my expectations I had hoped. I had hoped he could be a good rotational option with a possible chance he could be more than that but right now can't see it.

Dembele on the other hand I have real High Expectations for and so far he's showing me that it is indeed possible for him to replace the hole Neymar left. Did his price suck? of course it did but I don't blame it for him. right now all he needs to do is buckle down keep doing what's doing and work hard on his flaws.

Laplacian

"Carrying" is kinda strong, been only two games. But they do seem to be the most dangerous players so far. Suarez is practically invisible so far

Home of Barca Fans