11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BBZ8800

Sané has a good coach while Dembele learns from Valverde.

EV can't be guilty for everything.

Dembele had 67% passing accuracy at Dortmund.
And he was benched by Deschamps.

Quite a few similarities with his Barca's career, yet it happened under two other coaches.

I agree that he would play better under a world class coach.
But some flaws will always remain and can be only slightly improved.

No coach managed to "cure" Adama's or Halilovic's IQ.
I am not sure why do you guys think that it will be much different in Dembele's case.

His IQ is not as low as in those two players, but he isn't an Einstein either.

Judoman

He doesn t need to be Einstein. His decisions will improve and he can improve his shooting. A good coach would be of great help.
His natural mentality limits his ceiling, but even with some improvement in these two areas (decisions, shooting) he will be a WC player.

Laplacian

Dembele is also Adama 2.0 what's your point? You can tell by Dembele's pathetic shooting technique.

Read again my dude, it's sarcasm. Clearly I don't believe Sane's IQ is 0, did you watch the video? A good portion of those assists and goals are due to his intelligent runs and precise passing. Look at those goals, composed and strong finishes. Compare those to Dembele's scuff shots and deflections (with a few exceptions), Sane's 10 years ahead of Dembele.

Also, lol@it's because of Pep.

So everything Sane does, incredible free kick goals and intelligent movement will be attributed to Pep Guardiola and everything Dembele fails at will be attributed to Valverde. Convenient. Yeah, I'm sure it's Valverde's fault Dembele can't control the ball like a professional footballer.

(let's forget that Sane displayed all those attributes in Schalke to.)

Quite a few similarities with his Barca's career, yet it happened under two other coaches.

I am not sure why do you guys think that it will be much different in Dembele's case.

100%

One of the main reasons that stopped me from blaming Valverde for Dembele's deficiencies were his performances for the French National. Everyone in the NT team functioned properly, older or young players, yet it was always Dembele being isolated from build up and being ineffective with his passing and shooting. Whereas Mbappe confidently took responsibility in playmaking, creating chances, and scoring goals.

Dembele also learned from Tuchel for a year, did he forget everything he learnt from an attacking coach after half a season...? All the more reason to doubt his intelligence...

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Point still stands, no matter what you wanna say about Pep but in some aspects of coaching he is just outstanding and that includes teaching his players the small details when it comes to positioning, how to pass, move etc and Valverde...well i don't think any player will ever say how training under him changed his view on football where many, even older world class, players said things like that about Pep.

The discussion was about Sané and yeah while i like the guy (and we rarely have players like that in Germany :) ) i think he isn't smarter or more talented than Dembele at all, just has the better coach, is injured less and plays on a position that really suits him.

You can't make a Xavi out of every player but there is always room for improvement and individual coaching & finding a role for a player seems to be something Valverde can't do to save his life. It's really a shame a talent like Dembele is developed under that coach because while he might not be the smartest player on earth or a "generational talent" he still is one of the best young attackers in the world and i feel like he and some other players will always be underutilized with Valverde playing his good ol' reliable 4-4-2 slow af Messi-Suarez football starting all his favorite turtles every single game.

Also what "happened" with 2 coaches? He was amazing at Dortmund (pass accuracy isn't the all deciding factor for an attacker especially playing a more direct style than Barca) and at the world cup he was dropped for a CM because Deschamps probably was too scared to field 4 offensive players after he realized Griezmann as ne 9 doesn't work out. Dembele will never be a guy that just stands there and passes around but that doesn't mean he can't improve and my point was that Sané (remember, this was the topic) simply has the better coach that can make him look better. I don't think it's a coincidence Sané was often much worse for the NT and is just recently playing better.

Last edited:

Maxim4

All fans of Valverde are on the wire of Dembélé.
Normally, we must punish you for supporting this completely delayed manager.

HanDW

With Griezmann coming and Cowardverde staying, next season he's going to play as much minutes as Malcom this season lol.

Poor guy.

I'm just going to quote myself

[tw]https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/1129486392017522690[/tw]

Gerard Romero tweet: ☎️ GRIEZMANN. The division in the club is still BIG. Part that already wants the forward here and part that does NOT want it. It follows the tension by its arrival. Valverde wants it YES or YES to be the 3rd piece of the new trident with Leo and Luis #mercato

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Home of Barca Fans