11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

FCBfan22

The difference between NeyNey and Dembouz is IMO that while they were/are both unprofessional AF, Dembele seems to give a shit and is trying to make up for his sins (he still came to training and train alone, that said he should still be fined), Neymar didn't give a flying fuck.

Joan

If I'm not mistaken, only a fine's in question? Send him the bill and move on. Even for me, it's tiring.

khaled_a_d

Curious how Modern Catalan media would handle Romario.

Romario was quite something but the man was a beast on the pitch. :lol:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/incredible-adventures-romario-and-stoichkov-barcelona?page=0,2

Few things here:

-Dembele trolled Catalan media b4 with one of his celebrations, this was an idiotic move and it doesn't seem he has ever tried to "win them" at all. What did he expect to happen after? If you are going to do that then prepare to be the perfect player and citizen to avoid the backlash. And if you don't be ready to handle it at least.

-Catalan media has called Ronaldinho for his behaviour, the same Ronaldinho that played a huge part in preventing from sinking like Milan or Liverpool and brought huge success back to the club, he turned into partying life style at his last year, what was the result? media called him (less than Dembele, but he earned that) and he was moved out next summer.
Same happened with Giovanni Dos Santos, who talent wise was on bar with Dembele but wasted his career earlier. Catalan media was all over him and the club has moved him out without hesitation.

-Being unprofessional is infectious, and the club is in a retooling phase with many older players are expected to moved out and many younger ones expected to be moved in, Dembele behaviour should never be tolerated by the club, which what matters here not what media do

Leo_Messi

Why in the good world are people comparing freaking Romario with Dembélé? Those are two totally different personalities, players and cases. Makes no sense. If anything such behavior (occasionally coming late) is nothing new. As I wrote earlier, Neymar, Piqué and others have had as many if not more (Neymar) such incidents without the local media making much fuss for obvious reasons. They were much more established players at the club. Dembélé is that strange introverted foreigner (Black too) who still struggles to speak Spanish so he is easier to bully in the media.

It's totally incredible that the destructive local media (I wish that they would speak about the lack of a sporting project for years, the hypocrisy of not criticizing certain players regardless of what occurs, their lack of critical questions towards Valverde, the questionable transfer policy for years, the many scandals sounding the board etc) is doing everything, from day 1, to damage Dembélé directly or indirectly, rather than helping him this early in his Barça career.

Of course he should be fined, talked to (seriously) once again and other common sense reactions. However I really dislike hypocrisy and I will call it out when it occurs. Sadly the local media (useless by large) refuse to do so.

Speaking about behavior, I really wish that they had given more space to dealing with/reacting to Suárez's on-field behavior towards his teammates (Dembélé) etc. and his damaging gesticulations and body language not much different from C. Ronaldo when at his best in this department. But of course that is never going to happen. It's Suárez after all. The established senior superstar. Not Dembélé.

FCBfan22

Why in the good world are people comparing freaking Romario with Dembélé? Those are two totally different personalities, players and cases. Makes no sense. If anything such behavior (occasionally coming late) is nothing new. As I wrote earlier, Neymar, Piqué and others have had as many if not more (Neymar) such incidents without the local media making much fuss for obvious reasons. They were much more established players at the club. Dembélé is that strange introverted foreigner (Black too) who still struggles to speak Spanish so he is easier to bully in the media.

It's totally incredible that the destructive local media (I wish that they would speak about the lack of a sporting project for years, the hypocrisy of not criticizing certain players regardless of what occurs, their lack of critical questions towards Valverde, the questionable transfer policy for years, the many scandals sounding the board etc) is doing everything, from day 1, to damage Dembélé directly or indirectly, rather than helping him this early in his Barça career.

Of course he should be fined, talked to (seriously) once again and other common sense reactions. However I really dislike hypocrisy and I will call it out when it occurs. Sadly the local media (useless by large) refuse to do so.

Speaking about behavior, I really wish that they had given more space to dealing with/reacting to Suárez's on-field behavior towards his teammates (Dembélé) etc. and his damaging gesticulations and body language not much different from C. Ronaldo when at his best in this department. But of course that is never going to happen. It's Suárez after all. The established senior superstar. Not Dembélé.

+1

Well said.

Potroh

The difference between NeyNey and Dembouz is IMO that while they were/are both unprofessional AF, Dembele seems to give a shit and is trying to make up for his sins

Come on, what "sins" are you talking about? Validated facts?
A football team is not a regiment in the army!
Around 20-25 very different personalities gather for the same goal, some feel to be superior because they are successful or simply older, others (think of Messi) have very introvert personalities.
Some are disciplined by birth, some aren't.
If there's a good coach with the needed psychological talent and interest, he would always be able to manage a team with many different characters.

IF Dembele is notoriously late (let's suppose this is the truth) it also means he doesn't respect the coach. Thus it is just one side of the coin if a player is not punctual or disciplined enough, the other side always tells about the coach, who WAS NOT ABLE to show the given footballer that he is the one working FOR the player's advantage.

If the problems are real with Dembele, it is also a very important judgement regarding the coach, who couldn't make the player to respect him, to believe in him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seing some of the shit coming out from the Catalan press is just ridiculous. Apparently he's a villain for arriving earlier today too.

Also can we ban Gerard Romero on this forum? He's just a clueless shithead now who's better at dancing like a fat stripper than report anything football-related.

xXKonan

I saw that Romero tweet he made and decided it wasn't worth posting to give that fucker more attention.

Good to see a lot of people calling him out in the tweet as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Also the Madrid press >>>> Barcelona press

They're not afraid of criticizing Florentino Perez, even putting his face on the front cover + protect their players in every possible way, even if it gets delusional sometimes.

But I'll rather have that than these sellouts in Barcelona.

Leo_Messi

Also the Madrid press >>>> Barcelona press

They're not afraid of criticizing Florentino Perez, even putting his face on the front cover + protect their players in every possible way, even if it gets delusional sometimes.

But I'll rather have that than these sellouts in Barcelona.

It's incredible as the "defeatist" attitude and the self-destructing attitude is more a thing of the pre-Cruyff era and the Gaspart era. That attitude will always be present among the older journalists (at least in the back of their mind) but younger ones like Romero, who only remember the Gaspart era and probably not in detail, should not engage in such behavior. The recent CL-success of RM have had a very negative impact on some of those "journalists" and "media".

In general it has to be said that sensationalism, conspiracy theories etc. is just a Southern European thing in general. The political covering is much, much worse and a different story altogether.

However it is not like "Northern media" like the British media for instance is much better in general but I struggle to mention a sports media affiliated to a top club that is as destructive as that of BCN. When things are going well sporting wise there are no lack of extreme hyperboles and praise but likewise the smallest crisis or "step of out bonds" is hysterically dealt with. Case in point Dembélé. Pep, Xavi and others have said it time and time again.

It's amazing that those fools have not learned anything from past behaviors and what a toxic climate can do and tends to do to the club.

xXKonan

I remember Pique and even Messi saying that most of the terrible things that are being said about the team and the Club are happening at home (Barcelona) Than Madrid media.

Clowns like Romero are a perfect example of this along with Sport and MD.

Home of Barca Fans