11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Joan

Let's not divert conversation in that direction since Dembele by no means competes for Suarez' spot. And vice versa.

Laplacian

Let's ask ourselves this question: Who'd have more of an IMMEDIATE and direct impact 1-2 years from signing: Dembele at 21 or Mbappe at just 19?

I think we all know the answer to this question. One is already world class (the finished article). The other isn't there quite yet.

Yes yes we get it Barcelona should have signed Mbappe is world class genius greatest since Pele

Now that we've gotten that out of our system you can piss off to his thread now.

xXKonan

Problem with the Dembele fights is it gets predictable who shits on him.

It's usually by the same suspects who were involved in the Ney fights. Once Ney finally left they needed a new person to vent their anger on and Dembele happens to be that guy.

FCB1987

Banned
Some people on here are slowly reaching United fans Rashford/Martial levels of delusion when it comes to Dembele

1. Deschamps doesn't rate him that highly (left him out for Giroud/Matuidi)
2. Valverde doesn't rate him that highly (dropped for Roberto/Vidal/Paulinho, might have been pushing for him to leave as well)
3. Barcelona board doesn't rate him that highly (trying to find other clubs for him)
4. Other clubs fans don't rate him (he's turned into a meme given money he cost and his wages)

For me:
Mbappe
(gap)
Sane
(gap)
Asensio
Dembele
Martial
(gap)
Rashford

FCBfan22

Some people on here are slowly reaching United fans Rashford/Martial levels of delusion when it comes to Dembele

1. Deschamps doesn't rate him that highly (left him out for Giroud/Matuidi)
2. Valverde doesn't rate him that highly (dropped for Roberto/Vidal/Paulinho, might have been pushing for him to leave as well)
3. Barcelona board doesn't rate him that highly (trying to find other clubs for him)
4. Other clubs fans don't rate him (he's turned into a meme given money he cost and his wages)

For me:
Mbappe
(gap)
Sane
(gap)
Asensio
Dembele
Martial
(gap)
Rashford

1. Deschamps is a moron.
2, 3, 4 We will see this season. Last year he was unlucky, but this year, we'll see...

Joan

1. Deschamps is certainly not a moron. He stayed loyal to his approach which paid off in the end. All WC selection says us is that Deschamps rates Mbappe higher than him (like everyone else) and that he didn't take his chance (which he was given).

2. We don't know if Valverde rates him. Started vs. Chelsea for instance, on the bench vs. Roma. Shall see for that one.

3. We don't know if the club really tried to sell him or not. Speculations. I'd go with no myself.

4. Other clubs' fans are as irrelevant as it gets.

But that he's our community's soft spot, that's true.

Currently, I'd agree with the list. Even though I rate Dembele higher than Asensio.

xXKonan

Looks like MD and Sport are focusing now and Real's issues and Pogba now.

Guess that performance vs Sevilla really shut them up.

Total-Football

i dont mind him starting at the camp because we win easily there in most games but i would be very careful starting him in the away games ahead of malcom. unless the 3 points are secured.. of course as a temporary measure until he unleash that `potential` we all have been waiting for. cant jeopardize points for the sake of experimenrting. starting the liga strongly and winning almost all points is what got real madrid play hopelessly in the liga so early into the season last year.

Last edited:

krakdol

Deschamps rates Dembélé since he made him start multiple games, including the first one at the World Cup. Now Giroud just has a different profile that matches pretty well with the rest of the team. But Dembélé is supposed to be the one who takes Giroud's spot in the years to come.

That, and Dembélé is still a bit shy in his game compared to Mbappé, nobody denies that. Mbappé is more mature and less likely to lose the ball. Which doesn't mean Dembélé has an inferior potential. He just has to be trusted and get as much game time in club as Mbappé.

And no, the board didn't try to sell him, since it would hardly make sense spending such a huge sum then take a loss after a single promising season and 2 injuries. That's the not the way clubs are managed.

The sum Barcelona spent on Dembélé means they think he's basically the best young player in the world along with Mbappé. They won't give up after one year and take a loss.

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

He has this nonchalant vibe about him when he dribbles - like he isn't taking the opponent seriously. In France and Germany he could wipe the floor with almost every player, but here it's different - La Liga is the most technical league in the world.

FYI, I like Dembélé.

Home of Barca Fans