11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

jamrock

As Bbz ever been right about anything that requires foresight? I know he can list & right about facts which the best of them, but to actually put forward a particular view point & it comes to pass?.

He talks about Neymar whom we won 2 leagues & 1 CL with over 4 years as a failure & what dembele could be, but if he stays here for 8 years and goes something similar to Neymar that's 4 leagues & 1/2 CL who wouldn't take that?.

LeeRomeno

It is quite surprising though that although this forum is on average quite pessimistic about alot of things, when it comes to majority of new signings, it is the opposite (except for a selected few). Hype is massive for Dembele, it is best for everyone if he is given time to adapt to team and for team to adapt to our new weapon. Bbz also has a few valid point but dont think really anyone is questioning his potential and skills.

serghei

This part strikes me as weird. You talk about negative opinions but what you are doing is just doomsday-thinking. You are listing possible problems and then present them as if true already or sure to happen. I could add to that list 5. gets hit by a car tomorrow 7. becomes best buds with Neymar 8. Develops sudden desire to play in China and decides to act on it.

For someone trying to sound like a realist you come off awfully a lot as a pessimist.

I do appreciate your posts though. Barcaforum wouldn't be same.

Nail on the head.

Barcaforum wouldn't be the same without him, because he is a rational pessimist, not just an ordinary one (which are hard to like imo).

M

MessiCam

Anyway, I also feel bad to be negative about this kid, but we'll need some negative opinions also, because his situation is not as shiny as majority on this forum think.
As said before:
1. how will he play with Messi and Roberto on a field (on a right flank)
2. will a team lose our awesome midfield and defensive balance when Paulinho/Gomes will go out in order to make room for Dembele
3. decisions
4. end product
1. He needs to play more to develop chemistry. It doesn’t magically appear 90% of the time.

2. What midfield balance and defensive balance? Our midfield is anything but balanced because we suffer when Iniesta is not on the field. Hopefully Coutinho changes that... In terms of Dembélé’s defensive contribution Valverde has already inferred he is excluded from those duties due to recent return from injury.

3 & 4. Guy is 20... that’s younger than Neymar when he came. Give him some time.

Everything I’ve seen recently points to a return to a 4-3-3 or a switch to a 4-2-3-1. Wouldn’t surprise me if Iniesta takes on the 6 role.

FCBfan22

1. He needs to play more to develop chemistry. It doesn’t magically appear 90% of the time.

2. What midfield balance and defensive balance? Our midfield is anything but balanced because we suffer when Iniesta is not on the field. Hopefully Coutinho changes that... In terms of Dembélé’s defensive contribution Valverde has already inferred he is excluded from those duties due to recent return from injury.

3 & 4. Guy is 20... that’s younger than Neymar when he came. Give him some time.

Everything I’ve seen recently points to a return to a 4-3-3 or a switch to a 4-2-3-1. Wouldn’t surprise me if Iniesta takes on the 6 role.

Just 1 thing. 2nd point is wrong. He was excluded from defense in the first Celta game, but he was defending in the other games he has played since, because Messi and Suarez don't.

The key to our setup will be Dembouz and Phil's defending IMO. If Valverde perfects this, nothing can stop us.

BBZ8800

As Bbz ever been right about anything that requires foresight? I know he can list & right about facts which the best of them, but to actually put forward a particular view point & it comes to pass?.

1. I was saying that Neymar isn't right for us from the day1. I was even banned from this forum when we signed him due to that (probably by Flavia). Back then we weren't allowed to talk bad about our players, especially most famous ones
2. I was among first who was saying that Bartra will never be of Barca's level, back in the days when people called him our future captain, Bartresi etc
I was insulted AF by our users back then, because I was talking "nonsense" and doubting Bartresi (you don't know shit about football type of replies)
3. I was saying from the day1 that Halilovic is extremely flawed player, while majority of him compared him with a new Messi, Barca's future Rw and similar.
1000s of insults for me until Halil started to prove how flawed he is
4. I never believed in Samper (he was too scared, he doesn't have a mental strength and balls for the highest level), Munir and other guys. But ok, a % of success is extremely low with La Masia guys so it is not hard to guess that someone will fail
5. From other Barca's players, I disliked only Alexis due to his horrible Iq. And I disliked Pogba, and young unproven players
6. Oh, I forgot Denis the ghost. I was saying that he sucks from a day1 when he came here, due to weak physique and average skills

I don't whine about a lot of players (I am currently writing bad only about Dembele and Denis), but when I do whine, I am quite persistent, until the player is sold :)

** Oh, I was horribly wrong about Mats, though

Last edited:

BBZ8800

What did you say about Umtiti when he came here?

Nothing
He is physically stronger player, tall and fast, which I like.

I have only said about a summer of 22, that out of Gomes, Denis, Umtiti, Paco, Digne, probably only 0-1 or max 2 guys will be of Barca's level, while others will fail.

I knew that Denis will suck.
I thought that one out of Gomes, Umtiti or Paco will turn good, but it was hard to tell which one, since it is a hit and miss with young players (unless if a player is so flawed like Halil and Denis that you can see it right away).

FCBfan22

So, you are giving Dembele a chance to prove himself if he learns how to play the Barca way in the following years, while Denis is just shit apart from the few games where he was overperfoming and should be sold in the summer (I can say you were right on this one)?

Home of Barca Fans