11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Androutsos

Australia have been going on and on in the press about how they plan to park the bus etc etc so it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Much2soon

According to RMC, he will likely start for France in a front line of Mbappe-Griezmann-Dembele in France's opening WC game vs Australia.

I hope that’s the case. As decent as Giroud can be for the national team, when he doesn’t score it’s like France are playing with 10 men.

Our best lineup

Dembélé Griezmann Mbappé

Pogba Kanté
Matuidi

Mendy Umtiti Varane Pavard

Lloris

ATLBarcaFan

I hope that’s the case. As decent as Giroud can be for the national team, when he doesn’t score it’s like France are playing with 10 men.

Our best lineup

Dembélé Griezmann Mbappé

Pogba Kanté
Matuidi

Mendy Umtiti Varane Pavard

Lloris

Lloris will be their Achilles heel

Last edited:

Catta

No it's better he keeps the #11. The #7 is cursed in Barca since Figo. Most player who wear it either fail, get sold, or get injured.

Raketa10

No it's better he keeps the #11. The #7 is cursed in Barca since Figo. Most player who wear it either fail, get sold, or get injured.

Wait, who were our No.7 players after Figo? I can remember only Villa, Pedro and Arda. While Arda was a total disaster Pedro was more than OK and I don't consider Villa to be a failure.

Catta

Wait, who were our No.7 players after Figo? I can remember only Villa, Pedro and Arda. While Arda was a total disaster Pedro was more than OK and I don't consider Villa to be a failure.

Saviola, Larsson, Gudjohnsen are the ones I remember
Villa got injured, had only one good season, Pedro was mostly 17, as soon as he got the 7 was sold after a season or two, Arda was an epic fail
Saviola never became what was expected of him, Gudjohnsen was a solid squad player, nothing more, and Larsson came at the end of his career, was a great backup tho.

Laplacian

My boy might start. Let's hope its the type of match where he has great individual moments instead of great individual brain farts.

BBZ8800

When he plays bad for Barca, people say that EV is clueless and doesn't know how to use him.

Fine. Now, even Deschamps is clueless?

On the other hand, French teammates aren't passing too much to Dembele.
Not to mention that he can't do too much against parked buses, that he isn't involved too much in a build-up play and doesn't defend at all.

If this guy will turn into a decisive player for a world class level, it probably won't happen for at least 3-4 more years.

He is light years from that level.

Home of Barca Fans