11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Laplacian

Why? If we get good money for him there are a lot of Right wingers better than him that don't rely on pace to beat their man and have better technical abilities. Dembele is not the future of this club

Why are people so desperate with classifying Dembele as a pace merchant?

[tw]938773074807320577[/tw]

He doesn't only rely on pace, Jesus.

M

MessiCam

Mostly for what he does(n't do) off the ball. Also, loses it way too often.

This is something Dembélé gets unnecessary shit for. Skillful forwards lose the ball... It's part and parcel of their package.

I don't see Coutinho getting shit for it because he loses it just as often while having less offensive output than Dembélé in terms of chance creation.

The standards Dembélé are held to on this board are way too lofty. I think it best people just come out and say they don't like him because his performances don't merit the amount of hate he receives.

He does need to work on his defensive attitude and contribution though.

Joan

This is something Dembélé gets unnecessary shit for. Skillful forwards lose the ball... It's part and parcel of their package.

I don't see Coutinho getting shit for it because he loses it just as often while having less offensive output than Dembélé in terms of chance creation.

The standards Dembélé are held to on this board are way too lofty. I think it best people just come out and say they don't like him because his performances don't merit the amount of hate he receives.

He does need to work on his defensive attitude and contribution though.

You don't criticise Coutinho when he's a hard worker. For my part, as long as he runs his ass off I won't say a word against him.

Might be biased on this.

Dembele is impulsive, he even said himself he doesn't know what he'll do next. Coutinho is the same up to a point. But a slow team like we are doesn't handle such players well enough.

It'll take a lot of adapting, in my opinion.

M

MessiCam

You don't criticise Coutinho when he's a hard worker. For my part, as long as he runs his ass off I won't say a word against him.

Might be biased on this.

Dembele is impulsive, he even said himself he doesn't know what he'll do next. Coutinho is the same up to a point. But a slow team like we are doesn't handle such players well enough.

It'll take a lot of adapting, in my opinion.
Yes, playing for Barça means a lot of adapting. Coutinho has already publicly stated that it’s tough because the changes of pace necessary are extreme and the only thing that helps is game time. This is a a curtesy he has been extended which Dembélé has not (to a certain extent). I said to [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] in another thread that as much as Dembélé needs to adapt to the team (which he is doing - you can see with his flicks/backheels etc that the expected positioning of his teammates is becoming an instinctive thing) the team need to adapt to his ingenuity too. He conjours stuff from thin air at times and his teammates will only learn where to be if they play together more.

Regarding Dembélé’s work rate. I think, for the most part, he gets himself into adequate positions but he doesn’t make the press or put in the tackle. It’s an attitude issue which can be worked on.

I was also only commenting on the ball loss issue because Coutinho is just as guilty of it. That he works harder to get it back shouldn’t detract from it.

That said the ball loss is not a big thing when you’re creating chances at a rate of knots.

ATLBarcaFan

We'd be foolish to let this kid leave this summer, he is a superstar in the making. Which means we will probably let him go.

Co0ter

Nah let's sell him after one season and bring in more barely average players like Gomes who have an average season and below average Euro the season before we sign them. Those are the players we hold onto and protect from the media.

Home of Barca Fans