11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Tekkers

props for making team of the season. when he played regularly he was on fire. especially during that stretch before he tore his hamstring. will probably be the only reason i watch barca next season if the current manager somehow manages to continue on after the CdR final

on second thoughts i just saw suarez upfront. cant place too much stock into that

Last edited:

Tackle

France football considers Dembélé among the gold balloon contenders.
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...5220590/france-football-senala-a-dembele.html

:lol::lol::lol:

Dembele will never finish in the top 10 in voting for the Ballon D'or in his career, let alone ever win it.

The kid has some talent, but is shocking when it comes to some of the simplest aspects of football. His decision making ability is truly awful despite a few flashes of genius, he doesn't have that drive on the pitch that most top players possess, his finishing is on the level of Kevin-Prince Boateng (I don't think he even tries to aim the ball when he shoots), is injured every two weeks, his head is in the clouds a lot of the time.

Add a hit or miss first touch, terrible close control, constantly bullied off the ball, imprecise passing to put it lightly, poor movement, a mental midget, shall I go on?

I have nothing against the lad, but the truth is he'll play a few more seasons here that will go down more or less similar to this one with all the highs, lows, injuries and inconsistency and eventually he'll be off to a club like Arsenal where he'll find his level and have some good seasons as a star there, but never really be mentioned alongside one of the best. The Alexis Sanchez career path to put it simply.

Maxim4

Dembele will never finish in the top 10 in voting for the Ballon D'or in his career, let alone ever win it.

The kid has some talent, but is shocking when it comes to some of the simplest aspects of football. His decision making ability is truly awful despite a few flashes of genius, he doesn't have that drive on the pitch that most top players possess, his finishing is on the level of Kevin-Prince Boateng (I don't think he even tries to aim the ball when he shoots), is injured every two weeks, his head is in the clouds a lot of the time.

Add a hit or miss first touch, terrible close control, constantly bullied off the ball, imprecise passing to put it lightly, poor movement, a mental midget, shall I go on?

I have nothing against the lad, but the truth is he'll play a few more seasons here that will go down more or less similar to this one with all the highs, lows, injuries and inconsistency and eventually he'll be off to a club like Arsenal where he'll find his level and have some good seasons as a star there, but never really be mentioned alongside one of the best. The Alexis Sanchez career path to put it simply.

Dembélé allowed Barça to win several championship points.
he scored 15 goals and 8 assists playing less for injuries caused by Valverde. the supercopa is for him.
the club's second-leading scorer in front of Suarez, Coutinho.
without him, Barcelona will be eliminated in cup if he does not score these 2 goals against Levante.
Many points were saved in the championship thanks to him.

"If you reject the ball, you refuse football"

Laplacian

*fake shot feints two players*

*directly aims his shot at the keeper with the weakest shot power possible*

Barcaforum: :worthy: :worthy::worthy: GENIUS, CRAQUE...!

Total-Football

another neymar lover smh..

Maxim4

EV can't be guilty for everything.

Dembele had 67% passing accuracy at Dortmund.
And he was benched by Deschamps.

Quite a few similarities with his Barca's career, yet it happened under two other coaches.

I agree that he would play better under a world class coach.
But some flaws will always remain and can be only slightly improved.

No coach managed to "cure" Adama's or Halilovic's IQ.
I am not sure why do you guys think that it will be much different in Dembele's case.

His IQ is not as low as in those two players, but he isn't an Einstein either.

Barca in Enfield has adopted the same process with which he often operates, do not be surprised, but this time, the process did not bring a victory, but a defeat, a humiliation. But as Valverde swears by the uncertain results of football, it took a defeat for you to understand that his process was not the right one.
As Cryuff said, "I prefer to lose with my ideas than those of another.
This evening of May 7, Barça has neither the means to discard nor the victory.
Players who found themselves humiliated for the second time in two seasons.
A team that has accepted to incorporate an idea that is not his own without knowing how to put it into practice, a real humiliation of the last years.
Under the Valverde era, Barça is completely deformed from his idea.
When I talk about ideas, I speak in general terms about the principles of total football with all the coaches who have triumphed with this club from the European chain (Cryuff, Rijkard, Guardiola, Enriqué), all belonging to the same school. .

kattanib

What is more reasonable to be true?

1. Dembele, Coutinho, Suarez and Malcom are all shit despite that they showed world class qualities 2 summers ago

Or

2. Velvarde, their manager, is shit

Maxim4

What is more reasonable to be true?

1. Dembele, Coutinho, Suarez and Malcom are all shit despite that they showed world class qualities 2 summers ago

Or

2. Velvarde, their manager, is shit
I repeat what I already said on the Malcom page.

Valverde has done 2 years of work without much progress, always the same defects, always the same elements.
For example, he places Coutinho on the wing that is not his best position and does no work of training for a position more appropriate to his profile, the attacking midfielder.
He refuses to dislodge Rakitic who is the real incarnation of Valverdism, he is an excellent player, but he does not ensure the stability and the solidity of the collective of Barcelona.
He is the image of the Valverdism system.
when it comes to creating an offensive action, it fails because of its technical limitations.

Lapi

Valverde has done 2 years of work without much progress, always the same defects, always the same elements.

Yes, for sure this is the case, but even more importantly, he did such a fundamental damage to the typical Barca style, it is so deep and almost irreversible that can the damage can hardly be repaired in two years, even if a new manager comes sooner or later.
The longer Valverde stays, the fainter the hopes become to see a real Barca anytime soon...

Potroh

Or: 3. Both

Obviously Suarez's case and decline cannot be compared to either Dembele or Malcom. But Coutinho is a good example.

Nevertheless what is more logical or probable?
1. That these players were able to perform on a very high level elsewhere, they seem to only have different problems under EV?
2. These players 'forgot how to play' in Barcelona, so despite the strongest efforts of the star-coach, every personal fiasco is theirs only and they can only blame themselves?

Which one?
I see, 'both' once again... C'mon...

Home of Barca Fans