11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BigBarcaBoy

I don't think that anyone cares as nobody is interested in reading your one-liners nor expect you to make much sense if you attempted something else.

As a side comment, I can inform you that 2 users alone wrote longer posts in the previous page than my "extremely" long reply.

EDIT: Took a quick look at your posting history. Basically all of your posts are idiotic one-liners so not exactly a surprise.:lol: You are like a one-liner machine put on repeat.

Sorry if this reply is too long for you as well.:lol:

You need to pull your head out of your ass, injuries happen in football, accept that fact, you can't always wrap players in cotton wool, if their are signs of fatigue or they are in the red zone then fine. You state uefs rank lyon 27th in europe, thst means absolutely nothing. I bet you haven't watched them recently.

Havesaks

Are we going to use 2 select games as examples of a team's (any for that matter) strength now? Is that the logic now?

But you did kinda use a similar logic with malcom ;)

Leo_Messi

You need to pull your head out of your ass, injuries happen in football, accept that fact, you can't always wrap players in cotton wool, if their are signs of fatigue or they are in the red zone then fine. You state uefs rank lyon 27th in europe, thst means absolutely nothing. I bet you haven't watched them recently.

You are a bit thick are you not? Thought so. Talk about missing the point (s) completely. Might read what users are writing before engaging in silly debates. Just a friendly advice.

1) Exactly. We have seen it plenty of times, Even pep has suffered from misjudged medical clearences (we all remember his rage, screaming at them) ,there are no guarentees. But if a player is cleared, it means ceteris paribus that The manager can play the player. 2) And valverede only played him as a sub because he WAS cautios. 3) I did read it. 4) 6) And thats your opinion. We do know that dembele has played this role with High succes, and we do know that malcom has barely played and prob isnt in form. We also know that the gab in quality between those two is huge. We also know Malcom isnt as pacy or as good in the contra phase. We axtually dont know that much about this guy so its crazy to assume he could have provided anything at all in such a game. Malcom scoring a goal Vs means nothing. Also he played a different role.5) I do think that our oldies were tired and lyon manager said himself they put effort into playing closer to our goal, also scoring a goal from 2-0 to 2-1 normally gives The mental advaantage.

Blaming everything om Valverde was a general statement. I did just come from The "retardo"-thread, you did in fact put most of the blameon valverde. Imo took a caculated risk, and it did pay off in the sense that it secured our advancement, but it did more damage than good. But thats a far cry from "valverde is to blame". Its unlucky, thats the way i would put it. And we should in hindsigh maybe not have played him. But who knows what would have happened IF we didnt sub him, maybe Lyon would have scored, advanced and every valverde hater on this board (leta be honest at least 60-70%) would have blamed valverde for not risking dembele.

1) Thanks for confirming what I just wrote. 2) Not cautious enough as Dembélé suffered from a relapse which suggests that he was clearly rushed to play too soon hence the relapse of his injury. 3) Good. Then you would have realized that I did not solely put the blame on Valverde but all 3 parties. Hence comments of me "solely putting the blame on Valverde" are inaccurate and quite frankly troll posts. 4) Indeed it is. Expect that he already proved that he can. See the Inter game. Malcom had a MoM performance (arguably) in the CdR semifinal against RM of all teams (before they turned into shit) and they are/were arguably a much stronger team than Lyon. 5) Speculation from both of us but it certainly did not look like that to me.

General statement. Fair enough. Well, I did not take part in that thread for some time so not sure what I have to do with it. Point it out because I don't see it. All I am saying is that Valverde has the final say as a manager so he is eventually responsible for Dembélé suffering a relapse when clealry not fully fit. That does not mean that the medical staff or Dembélé himself was without blame as I wrote.

Good that you acknowledge that playing him might not have been such a great idea. My sole point and me being a bit pissed off when I read the news this morning as I consider him to be our second most important offensive player and even more crucial in the CL. That and us not having barely any pacy players with him not around in the attack as Malcom does not exist for Valverde.

Are we going to use 2 select games as examples of a team's (any for that matter) strength now? Is that the logic now?

But you did kinda use a similar logic with malcom ;)

Not really. Malcom has played more than 2 games for us and not only that I have an entire sample size of his performances for Bordeaux where he was the best youngster last season in Ligue 1. The same Malcom has also scored 4 goals in 4 games against the same Lyon team as written earlier. So that argument makes no sense. Can't compare a team ranked 27th on UEFA's coefficient list with us nor Malcom with Lyon. The example is a very bad one with all due respect for the aforementioned reasons. Forget the ranking for a while,

Lyon was bang average in both legs against us barely creating 5 chances while we had over 40 shots on goal in both games combined. Come on, we would have won that game regardless of a barely fit Dembélé entering or scoring that 5-1 goal that Malcom could have scored as well. It was not worth risking him at all. Now that he suffered from a relapse and is out for 3-4 weeks EVEN less so.

Let me ask you a question. If the same Malcom was able to have a MoM performance against a superior team (RM) in a CdR semifinal at the Camp Nou 1.5 month ago, while scoring a goal in the process, after almost never having played before that said game, as well as him coming off the bench and scoring immediately against Inter in Milano, (similar circumstances after barely playing before and being rusty as well) what makes you think that Malcom could not have impacted our game positively against a tired Lyon team with 25 minutes of the game left with us leading 2-1? The same Lyon team that the same Malcom has scored 4 goals in 4 matches against? Makes zero sense to me. Dembélé is obviously the superior player but the difference between a clearly not fully fit Dembélé (hence his pains during the game as reported by Sport and him eventually getting injured) and a fit Malcom, is not as huge as you claim at all. You are talking as if Malcom was some kind of bum. Far from the case.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

You are a bit thick are you not? Thought so. Talk about missing the point (s) completely. Might read what users are writing before engaging in silly debates. Just a friendly advice.

1) Thanks for confirming what I just wrote. 2) Not cautious enough as Dembélé suffered from a relapse which suggests that he was clearly rushed to play too soon hence the relapse of his injury. 3) Good. Then you would have realized that I did not solely put the blame on Valverde but all 3 parties. Hence comments of me "solely putting the blame on Valverde" are inaccurate and quite frankly troll posts. 4) Indeed it is. Expect that he already proved that he can. See the Inter game. Malcom had a MoM performance (arguably) in the CdR semifinal against RM of all teams (before they turned into shit) and they are/were arguably a much stronger team than Lyon. 5) Speculation from both of us but it certainly did not look like that to me.

General statement. Fair enough. Well, I did not take part in that thread for some time so not sure what I have to do with it. Point it out because I don't see it. All I am saying is that Valverde has the final say as a manager so he is eventually responsible for Dembélé suffering a relapse when clealry not fully fit. That does not mean that the medical staff or Dembélé himself was without blame as I wrote.

Good that you acknowledge that playing him might not have been such a great idea. My sole point and me being a bit pissed off when I read the news this morning as I consider him to be our second most important offensive player and even more crucial in the CL. That and us not having barely any pacy players with him not around in the attack as Malcom does not exist for Valverde.

Not really. Malcom has played more than 2 games for us and not only that I have an entire sample size of his performances for Bordeaux where he was the best youngster last season in Ligue 1. The same Malcom has also scored 4 goals in 4 games against the same Lyon team as written earlier. So that argument makes no sense. Can't compare a team ranked 27th on UEFA's coefficient list with us nor Malcom with Lyon. The example is a very bad one with all due respect for the aforementioned reasons.

Let me ask you a question. If the same Malcom was able to have a MoM performance against a superior team (RM) in a CdR semifinal at the Camp Nou 1.5 month ago, while scoring a goal in the process, after almost never having played before that said game, as well as him coming off the bench and scoring immediately against Inter in Milano, (similar circumstances after barely playing before and being rusty as well) what makes you think that Malcom could not have impacted our game positively against a tired Lyon team with 25 minutes of the game left with us leading 2-1? The same Lyon team that the same Malcom has scored 4 goals in 4 matches against? Makes zero sense to me. Dembélé is obviously the superior player but the difference between a clearly not fully fit Dembélé (hence his pains during the game as reported by Sport and him eventually getting injured) and a fit Malcom, is not as huge as you claim at all. You are talking as if Malcom was some kind of bum. Far from the case.

Don't think anyone is suggezting Malcolm is a bum, of course he should have been used more. The simple fsct is at the moment is whatever valverde does he is in in the situation of being damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I understand the frustration at dembele being injured again but when the option is there to use him it is so tempting. And by the way i suggest you learn to accept that other people can have opinions

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Don't think anyone is suggezting Malcolm is a bum, of course he should have been used more. The simple fsct is at the moment is whatever valverde does he is in in the situation of being damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I understand the frustration at dembele being injured again but when the option is there to use him it is so tempting. And by the way

Well, I have been critical of Valverde for not using Malcom at all and basically freezing him out (looks like that after he did not get his wanted target the past summer which apparently was a 30 year old Willian for twice the transfer fee, lol) since forever and even more so after Malcom was being frozen out after that arguably MoM performance and goal against a decent RM team in the first CdR semifinal leg before they turned into shit and at a time where they were fighting for all 3 trophies. At a time period where Coutinho was stinking the place up. Yet despite that he did not receive any reward for such a good performance. His first game against RM too moreover in his first season for us. A 21 year old kid.

Since that game 6 weeks ago Malcom has played the grand total of 5 minutes against Rayo when the game was already decided. Fucking hell, talk about mismanaging a talented player in a completely messed up fashion.

With Dembélé clearly not being fully fit, hence him starting on the bench, Coutinho stinking the place up continuously (although less so against Lyon in the first half mostly, second half he was invisible and bad) yet the same Malcom does not even get 25 minutes against a Lyon team that he is not only very familiar with but a team that he has scored 4 goals in 4 games against. For the much inferior team in Bordeaux. As written in the previous posts, there are some things that honestly make zero sense to me.

We might draw pacy and young teams such as Liverpool or Man City tomorrow at noon. If Valverde uses the lineup that I think that he will use (or something close to it) we will have zero pace in the team other than Alba. So risking Dembélé, our arguably second most important attacking player this season and the only attacking option of ours that offers insane/very impressive pace, and him suffering from a relapse is obvious cause of concern and for fans to get pissed. Me included. Even more so when the first thing you read this morning when taking a look at the local press, is that Dembélé is out for 1 month. I was screaming yesterday to take him off when Messi scored that 3-1 goal and not to risk him at all before he was subbed on as I was fearing a relapse. Wrote about it here days before the game. So of course, can't say that I am happy about the decision to risk him! Yes, I get it, injures are part of the game (I have been watching football for 20 years so nothing in the football world will surprise me) and we all commit faults but sometimes you got to use some common sense. This was one such case IMO. You or others might disagree but I won't change my opinion due to that at all.

Last edited:

Gari

Ousmane Dembélé has denied the information of a journalist, who claimed that the winger will miss the quarter-finals of the Champions League and that he had fired his chef two months ago: "You do not know anything at all", wrote the Frenchman on Twitter. [via md]

FCB1987

Banned
He would be much more important against Liverpool than against United. United will sit deep and counter while Liverpool would probably press high and leave more space in behind

BigBarcaBoy

Well, I have been critical of Valverde for not using Malcom at all and basically freezing him out (looks like that after he did not get his wanted target the past summer which apparently was a 30 year old Willian for twice the transfer fee, lol) since forever and even more so after Malcom was being frozen out after that arguably MoM performance and goal against a decent RM team in the first CdR semifinal leg before they turned into shit and at a time where they were fighting for all 3 trophies. At a time period where Coutinho was stinking the place up. Yet despite that he did not receive any reward for such a good performance. His first game against RM too moreover in his first season for us. A 21 year old kid.

Since that game 6 weeks ago Malcom has played the grand total of 5 minutes against Rayo when the game was already decided. Fucking hell, talk about mismanaging a talented player in a completely messed up fashion.

With Dembélé clearly not being fully fit, hence him starting on the bench, Coutinho stinking the place up continuously (although less so against Lyon in the first half mostly, second half he was invisible and bad) yet the same Malcom does not even get 25 minutes against a Lyon team that he is not only very familiar with but a team that he has scored 4 goals in 4 games against. For the much inferior team in Bordeaux. As written in the previous posts, there are some things that honestly make zero sense to me.

We might draw pacy and young teams such as Liverpool or Man City tomorrow at noon. If Valverde uses the lineup that I think that he will use (or something close to it) we will have zero pace in the team other than Alba. So risking Dembélé, our arguably second most important attacking player this season and the only attacking option of ours that offers insane/very impressive pace, and him suffering from a relapse is obvious cause of concern and for fans to get pissed. Me included. Even more so when the first thing you read this morning when taking a look at the local press, is that Dembélé is out for 1 month. I was screaming yesterday to take him off when Messi scored that 3-1 goal and not to risk him at all before he was subbed on as I was fearing a relapse. Wrote about it here days before the game. So of course, can't say that I am happy about the decision to risk him! Yes, I get it, injures are part of the game (I have been watching football for 20 years so nothing in the football world will surprise me) and we all commit faults but sometimes you got to use some common sense. This was one such case IMO. You or others might disagree but I won't change my opinion due to that at all.

The thing that no doubt swayed ev was thst Malcolm hasn't really made an impact when coming on as a sub whereas dembele is perfect as an impact player, at the moment of course

Sorin

The thing that no doubt swayed ev was thst Malcolm hasn't really made an impact when coming on as a sub whereas dembele is perfect as an impact player, at the moment of course

And how is that not his fault? If he'd use Malcom more often he'd be more used to playing with his teammates and could actually make a difference when subbed in. Of course he can't make an instant impact when he's playing 1 match a freaking month. You see, this is why Valverde is at fault for Dembele's injury worsening, because he created an environment when only a handful of players can bring the needed difference. Not disputing that Dembele is better than Malcom btw, but it was a match against Lyon, Malcom has some good performances against them from his Bordeaux days already, and sorry, if you have to use a barely fit Dembele to get by, then that is just sad.

JerseyAddict

And how is that not his fault? If he'd use Malcom more often he'd be more used to playing with his teammates and could actually make a difference when subbed in. Of course he can't make an instant impact when he's playing 1 match a freaking month. You see, this is why Valverde is at fault for Dembele's injury worsening, because he created an environment when only a handful of players can bring the needed difference. Not disputing that Dembele is better than Malcom btw, but it was a match against Lyon, Malcom has some good performances against them from his Bordeaux days already, and sorry, if you have to use a barely fit Dembele to get by, then that is just sad.

+1

If EV had used Malcom more Dembele would not have to play "halfhealed" and shit.

Havesaks

Not really. Malcom has played more than 2 games for us and not only that I have an entire sample size of his performances for Bordeaux where he was the best youngster last season in Ligue 1. The same Malcom has also scored 4 goals in 4 games against the same Lyon team as written earlier. So that argument makes no sense. Can't compare a team ranked 27th on UEFA's coefficient list with us nor Malcom with Lyon. The example is a very bad one with all due respect for the aforementioned reasons. Forget the ranking for a while,

Lyon was bang average in both legs against us barely creating 5 chances while we had over 40 shots on goal in both games combined. Come on, we would have won that game regardless of a barely fit Dembélé entering or scoring that 5-1 goal that Malcom could have scored as well. It was not worth risking him at all. Now that he suffered from a relapse and is out for 3-4 weeks EVEN less so.

1) You are so welcome. But thats not what you wrote. 2) Cautios enough to not be blamed. 3) You say dembele has "a bit of the blame" thats like what 10%?, but focus mostly on your speculation that valverde is at fault (prob nonsense) for lyon to press harder after a lucky goal, that a substitution was needed, then you focus on valverdes wrong decision to not put malcom in (and thats most def nonsense). Its pretty clear that you are putting the blame on Valverde. Cant fool anyone. "same freaking valverde..." I get it man, you are frustrated, and its easy to blame the manager to channel your aggressions, but its just not right. 4) Im not even sure that Real Madrid is stronger than Lyon this season, and same for inter. Besides that we needed a substitution for coutinho not messi. malcom played those games as RW, he hasnt proven anything on the left side. His role was also different. Both those games we had more possession and played closer to the opponents goals; he played like a classic wing - a bit like Pedro in old days, but thats not what we needed, in this game we needed a counter-player where pace was vital, and allthough malcom isnt slow, he is more quick in the first meters, not over long distance. Besides that, just because played fairly good in a couple of games, doesnt mean he has proven himself at all. As you can see there is a world of difference between dembele and malcom, especially in this game at this point. What you dont get is that lyon had the mental advantage, and one single goal would have thrown us out of the competition. Valverde maybe wasnt right to risk dembele, but one for thing is sure, he wasnt wrong - and therefore he cant be blamed. Dembele was vital that we comfortably won this game and advanced. 5) You just through claims, i speculate by coming with reasonable reasons why your claims probably are wrong. Thats a pretty big difference, eh?

As said a general statement. Man im not even blaming our medics like you - how can you even blame them if you dont know anything about the tests they made? Yes, who is to say, what would have happened if put malcom in, or an extra midfielder instead of Coutinho, but we may just as well have not advanced, and media and fans would go besserk on poor Valverde. Valvedes call - as said - made sense, and he wasnt wrong to play dembele. Therefore it would may been better to do it differently, but we dont know that. And therefore you cant blame him.

It is pretty much the same. For reasons i also have mentioned in point 4).

The cirumstances were completely different. Read 4).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans