11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

M

MessiCam

Some stuff on Dembouz

His former youth coach at Rennes, Julien Stephane, said: "He can use his best characteristics in a 4-3-3 because he's covered behind by an interior and that liberates him from defending a bit. He can show all his qualities in attacking transitions. 4-4-2 means he has to play nearer the full-back and work harder."

The above is what I've been talking about. He is not ready to play in a 4-4-2 and probably never will due his defensive deficiencies.

Another article also says that Piqué has taken him under his wing.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He will have to play in 4-4-2 (if he plays) and he will have to defend.

Last match was different as there was no Messi and he had less to do working off the ball and got to spend more balls then he will be allowed to normally.

henias

No chance he starts, which is a terrible strategy and may cost us the tie.

No it won't. The other option may very well be more likely to cost us the tie if they press high and we dont stretch or push back their defence. If they score a late goal, we cant chase the game afterwards. One goal advantage is still very risky.

Las Palmas game is already a hard lesson learnt.

khaled_a_d

Some stuff on Dembouz

The above is what I've been talking about. He is not ready to play in a 4-4-2 and probably never will due his defensive deficiencies.

Another article also says that Piqué has taken him under his wing.

Didn't you doubt all "he is a bad defender" thing before?
And too bad he can't play 442 because this will hurt his playing time, he isn't good enough right now for team to change its set up for him, atm he isn't worth that or even close to

M

MessiCam

And too bad he can't play 442 because this will hurt his playing time, he isn't good enough right now for team to change its set up for him, atm he isn't worth that or even close to

It's not that he can't defend. It's his attitude towards defending that grates me. In the Malaga game his pressing was levels above that shit he put out against Espanyol in that midweek cup game but still not good enough.

And I think you're going to be very surprised by Valverde playing 4-3-3 as he did earlier in the year before Dembélé's injury. It's already happened against Girona and Malaga. I'd be surprised if it happens in the Champions League though but it will be played in La Liga.

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

Yes he doesn't do much defensive work but a fast and skillful player certainly will make the opponents more cautious going forward and leaving space for him. So although you wouldn't see him doing many tackles or defensive pressing his presence on the field contributes to the teams defense.
And who of the available players can do a better job than him? Paulinho can't defend and spends a lot of his time on the field too far forward and Chelsea wouldn't mind him having the ball in their half knowing he either will pass it backwards, sideways or give it away if he manages to control it in first place.

GOAT_SUAREZ

The irony is that the system got changed because of his injury.

Home of Barca Fans