11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

I bet my left nut that valverde is going with 4-4-2 with Dembele coming in at 80th and Semedo 87th minutes.

Mina and Gomez not in the squad as usual.

Raki13

I know he's young and could possibly get better as he gets more game time , but up till now the guy doesn't look good enough and wasn't worth anywhere near the cash we payed for him.

FCBfan22

I know he's young and could possibly get better as he gets more game time , but up till now the guy doesn't look good enough and wasn't worth anywhere near the cash we payed for him.

He will never be worth the cash we paid for him and neither will Coutinho. It's simply that NeyNey fucked us over and we were taken to cleaners by L'pool and Dortmund.

Joan

He will never be worth the cash we paid for him and neither will Coutinho. It's simply that NeyNey fucked us over and we were taken to cleaners by L'pool and Dortmund.

True if you put it that way. But club has some goals in mind when they buy a player and if he achives it, then he's worth the money.

If Dembele becomes wc, it'll pay off.

Laplacian

Some expectations you have. The guy was injured for half a season, barely starts games, and yet he has the 3rd highest key passing average behind Coutinho and Messi, and has assisted or scored a goal in 5 of the 6 games he has started in 2018. Maybe it's not Dembele that isn't good enough, maybe your expectations are just unreasonable.

Barca83

Banned

Agree; he's fast and good at dribbling when he has tons of space to run into but nothing else in his game has really looked impressive at all.

Afromaticz

Dembele has 5 assists and 1 goal in 660 La Liga minutes whereas Coutinho who’s considered a huge success on this board by most has the same amount of assists and 2 goals in 937 mins
That’s not too bad for a guy who spend most his first year on the sidelines

FCBfan22

Dembele has 5 assists and 1 goal in 660 La Liga minutes whereas Coutinho who’s considered a huge success on this board by most has the same amount of assists and 2 goals in 937 mins
That’s not too bad for a guy who spend most his first year on the sidelines

Exactly. Now if we wrap up Liga fast, I expect him to start most of the remaining games and I think he might end the season with 7-10 asists and score another goal or two. Which is indeed not bad for a guy that was sidelined for half of a season.

Afromaticz

Exactly. Now if we wrap up Liga fast, I expect him to start most of the remaining games and I think he might end the season with 7-10 asists and score another goal or two. Which is indeed not bad for a guy that was sidelined for half of a season.

Dembele will definitely prove his doubters wrong I’m not even worried about it. What is indeed worrying tho is how the spanish media is blatantly tryin to influence people’s opinion on him by spreading fake lies. sounds eerily similar to what they did to Anelka before lol i wonder why

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Like I have been saying since he’s been injured. This season was a wash. You can’t judge him based on joining our team late in the summer and then getting injured for half of the season. He scored a pivotal goal against Chelsea when he started. Valverde is too big of a pussy to start him more so we have a much smaller sample size. How is he going to be a world beater when he plays 10/15 minutes at the end of matches. Had he played more than 5 minutes in the second leg against Roma I think we would still be in the champions league.

Home of Barca Fans