11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

SeloBarca

Yea i missed it in real time, but on the slowmo replay it was really nasty.
Stuff like that is really what the video referee thing should be about.
Most teams would get multiple red cards against us with the amount of nasty kicks all of our players gets.
RM would have to walk over every game against us.

Too bad the ref did not have the view of the television cam (elevated and zoomed in at the center side line) which chases the ball before deciding on a yellow or red while running fast far away and behind the ball

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]998914897948938240[/tw]

Says Dembele should be expected to recover by France's opening WC game vs Australia on June 16. It also mentions that Dembele is adamant in Staying at Barca next season and wants to fight for his place.

Andrew M

Refs are human and they can't see everything happening at once but yesterday it was an obvious red card. Navas completely mistimed his tackle and got Dembele's ankle and not the ball. A tackle that could have broken Dembele's ankle or even leg as well.

Thankfully it appears it's nothing serious.

Nevertheless, something is wrong when Sergi gets a four game ban for a little slap and Dembele nearly gets his ankle destroyed and it's only a yellow.

Nothanks

collisions happen in football, these dangerous fouls are part of the game that is very hard to remove.. physical players will be physical (in this case it was dumb because the season was already over with and nothing to play for) but his tackle isn't out of football world.
the ref was overall bad but i *do* forgive him for not seeing the full picture from his distance away.

now an elbow or slap to the face of a player is worthy of suspension because it has no part whatsoever in the game, accidental elbows happen all the time and that's why most times players get yellow for them especially when two opponents go for a ball in the air.

correct me if i'm wrong but sergi got a 4 day suspension for back to back reds, not just the elbow

Last edited:

Andrew M

collisions happen in football, these dangerous fouls are part of the game that is very hard to remove.. physical players will be physical (in this case it was dumb because the season was already over with and nothing to play for) but his tackle isn't out of football world.
the ref was overall bad but i don't forgive him for not seeing the full picture from his distance away.

now an elbow or slap to the face of a player is worthy of suspension because it has no part whatsoever in the game, accidental elbows happen all the time and that's why most times players get yellow for them especially when two opponents go for a ball in the air.

correct me if i'm wrong but sergi got a 4 day suspension for back to back reds, not just the elbow

As far as I'm concerned, making sure attacking, exciting players stay on the pitch and not in the hands of the medical department from crappy defending is more important than banning players for punching or slapping.

Nothanks

right, but the elbow / slap is also a red
just one is easier to spot than the other, and i personally find fighting in the pitch much dumber than a bad tackle.. unless you're purposely lunging yourself with intent to injure then fuck that person but this defender honestly seemed like he was just going for the ball and missed.

Home of Barca Fans