11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Barca83

Banned
So where did Neymar fit in all this? Because you’ve now got a crippled midfield...

option 1: 4231 with Messi behind Suarez and Neymar left

option 2: same 433 he used in preseason with Messi basically playing as a #10 and the rcm covering out wide for him

M

MessiCam

option 1: 4231 with Messi behind Suarez and Neymar left

option 2: same 433 he used in preseason with Messi basically playing as a #10 and the rcm covering out wide for him
In the preseason Suarez played as a right inside forward. What you’re suggesting is just a continuation of Lucho’s tactics...

Regarding this 4-2-3-1 business, it cripples the midfield but I will let [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] explain that.

It’s glaringly obvious that Messi and Suárez can’t play together centrally without hindering the team elsewhere. Some of us have been saying it since the season started as Lucho found out.

This is what you end up with...

aqTKez2.jpg

Where would Iniesta play in a 4-2-3-1 with Neymar still around? Dembélé wouldn’t have been bought but where would Coutinho fit in? RW... He can play there but his strongest position is LW. The position that Neymar occupies.

Last edited:

Barca83

Banned
In the preseason Suarez played as a right inside forward. What you’re suggesting is just a continuation of Lucho’s tactics...

Regarding this 4-2-3-1 business, it cripples the midfield but I will let [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] explain that.

It’s glaringly obvious that Messi and Suárez can’t play together centrally without hindering the team elsewhere. Some of us have been saying it since the season started as Lucho found out.

This is what you end up with...

aqTKez2.jpg

1. Those were what I thought Valverde would use, they weren't my suggestions and I don't like either of them

2. In preseason, Valverde did continue the Lucho tactics of Messi playing "right wing" in the 10 role and Rakitic covering for him. He even used it in the first leg of the Super Cup loss to Madrid with Deulofeu left wing

M

MessiCam

1. Those were what I thought Valverde would use, they weren't my suggestions and I don't like either of them

2. In preseason, Valverde did continue the Lucho tactics of Messi playing "right wing" in the 10 role and Rakitic covering for him. He even used it in the first leg of the Super Cup loss to Madrid with Deulofeu left wing
I think you should watch the preseason games again...

Against Man Utd we played a 4-3-3 with Messi in the middle, against Juventus a 4-3-3 with Messi in the middle and Paco on the right. Only against Real Madrid in the preseason was Messi played as RW. Neymar played LW in all these games.

Against Madrid in the SuperCopa I can’t remember so nicely. I don’t have downloads of the game but I am almost sure that for the first 10 minutes or so Suarez played on the right.

Last edited:

henias

Apart from dribbling, he is a very fine crosser, give him a target man who can run in the box, you'll find one at the back of the net at least one every game.

Maxim4

Demboy

Attachments

• Subpost 3 - Instagram media - BjC5YOgBA5J.jpg
    Subpost 3 - Instagram media - BjC5YOgBA5J.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Subpost 1 - Instagram media - BjC5YOgBA5J.jpg
    Subpost 1 - Instagram media - BjC5YOgBA5J.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12

xXKonan

[tw]998713477106675714[/tw]

Says Dembele miraculously only suffered a slight sprain in the ankle and that France are confident that he will recover in the next few days.

The ref probably was not able to see everything.

This is where VAR can help the ref to make the right decision.

It's surprising that it's only a slight sprain for a few days as the ankle bent fairly far from the still pictures.

xXKonan

Refs are human and they can't see everything happening at once but yesterday it was an obvious red card. Navas completely mistimed his tackle and got Dembele's ankle and not the ball. A tackle that could have broken Dembele's ankle or even leg as well.

Thankfully it appears it's nothing serious.

Without looking at the slow mo replay and the still pictures, I wonder how anyone can be sure there was actual contact with the ankle for a split second from 30m away with everything that was happening so fast all together.

Home of Barca Fans