11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

KingLeo10

not condoning dembele's actions but I'm going to need to see the receipts on Pique's training sessions. He can't possibly be making all of them jet-setting around the world for his 'business' endeavors. :blondemessi:

Leo_Messi

The reaction to this news by the local media is absolutely disgusting. For a long time there has been a systematic campaign against Dembélé, especially by Sport but not only. Everything that he does is scrutinized by those idiots. From leaving his seat 2 minutes before time, to the outfit he is wearing, to his body language to what he is (supposedly) doing at night, eating etc. This is nothing new. Many other former players received a similar unfortunate and totally unnecessary treatment.

While the media is completely silent when Suárez frequently screams and gesticulates at Dembélé (his teammate) or ignores him on the field when the latter is in a better position. Complete silence.

We are talking about one of the most promising and talented players in the world. A player whose obvious talent only simpletons and outright idiots cannot spot. A player that has scored more crucial goals this season than any other player not named Messi if that can do it even.

A player who did everything and more than that to move to the club in the first place. A player who suffered from a very serious injury just 3 games (or was it 2 or 4, can't remember here and now and don't bother googling to make my point across) into the season yet returned 3-4 weeks before his scheduled return. That's obviously not exactly a sign of a lack of dedication.

Similarly his increased defensive contribution this season when this was otherwise more or less foreign to him in previous clubs and likewise not too shocking considering his young age and that he is not a local canterano that was brought up in our system.

Having said that - he obviously struggles (at times) with his discipline however that has been the case how many times again? 2 or 3 incidents in 18 months time? Give him a fine, have a serious talk with him and make him learn as any youngster is learning (from the mistakes he or she commits AND with GUIDANCE from family, elders, teammates, the club etc.) but to make this incident bigger than it is and continue this idiotic media campaign against him, is simply unforgivable if ones primary priority is to want to see the club win.

Romero and the lot are idiots who write nonsense for a living. Sad state of affairs in particularly considering the silence when similar and much worse incidents from other players are brushed under the carpet. Suárez, Neymar, Piqué etc. You can like or dislike Dembélé but such hypocrisy should annoy every informed person.

Anyway a great, great goal, assist and performance against the annoying Pericos.

Last edited:

Potroh

Obviously I have no idea if Dembele was really late for yet another training, as these gossips and continuous accusations against the man are carried on day by day, but as none of us know the truth, let me tell you a small story from my carrier:

Back in 1982 when my national team was preparing for the world cup, in March - few months before the Spanish WC - I was already in bed when the phone rang. It was my mother and conveyed the horrible news that my father had a stroke and they are both in a local hospital. Naturally I rushed to the hospital, took a taxi, because a day earlier my car was left with a mechanic.
My father was saved, he wasn't in the possible worst condition, so the doctors told us to leave after spending 3-4 hours at my father's bed.

I took my mum home and went back to my apartment with the came cab.
The next morning there were 4-5 sentences in the main local sports-paper "Nepsport", that reported that I was seen somewhere "in the night" and returned home only at dawn, drunk.
The next day other papers repeated the "news", heavily commenting on the fact that none of the players in the NT are allowed or tolerated to live such a flamboyant life, specially that the WC is coming.
I phoned a guy at the main sports paper and told him the real story. He apologized and promised that they would clear the situation. Do you think they ever wrote again in that regard?
No, they didn't, because it is the press... It was the same 35 years ago and it is the same now.
Of course I have a dozen personal stories like that...
But my father almost completely recovered and lived another 20 years and that's what matters...

xXKonan

Curious how Modern Catalan media would handle Romario.

“Romario’s lifestyle, his constant coming and going caused problems with his wife,” Stoichkov recalls, rather euphemistically. The Brazilian was teetotal but had other vices. A team-mate puts it bluntly: “Romario was only interested in two things: football and fucking.” A few years later, Romario insisted: “If I don’t go out at night, I don’t score goals.”

Increasingly, he appeared not to be that interested in the football. One former Barcelona player recalls training sessions when the Brazilian “could hardly move” and was “practically falling asleep” after the previous night’s exertions. Cruyff sent him home from one session and had another confrontation with the Brazilian after he overslept and arrived an hour late to a team meeting. Cruyff had warned that Romario’s attitude in Holland used to be one of “If I don’t want to train, I won’t train”.

Used to be? Still was. “He lacked discipline,” a resigned Cruyff later admitted. Romario didn’t care. “It’s not the first time I’ve had an argument with Cruyff and it won’t be the last: I say what I think and no one will ever change me,” he said.

Romario was quite something but the man was a beast on the pitch. :lol:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/incredible-adventures-romario-and-stoichkov-barcelona?page=0,2

kollegah

Romero is so troll susceptible and stupid that it's almost tragic... Ousmane seems to know how to deal with the fat midget :lol:

This is a prime example (Ultrademiks is one of the biggest trolls about Barca stuff on Twitter):
[tw]1022218629306351622?lang=en[/tw]

This a real Gem

BBZ8800

Curious how Modern Catalan media would handle Romario.

Romario was quite something but the man was a beast on the pitch. :lol:

Do you know that Romario played only 18 Months for Barca and then left a club after 100s of controversies and a fight with Cruijff?
He went back to Brasil for 1 year, returned to Spain again (to Valencia), played 6 matches and said: fuck this shit, I am going back to Brasil and parties again.

So, your post makes sense in terms that our media would jump on Romario also (for a reason).
On the other hand, no one should want to copy a behavior of Romario.
That was the worst professional ever at Barca.

He managed to play a serious European football for 18 Months and additional 6 matches :lol:
What a guy.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think the very fact that teammates have publicly made comments about him needing to tow the line would suggest this not simply a question of a media witch hunt. Player is being unprofessional, even if he has been great on the pitch. Club & teammates won't indefinitely tolerate both - especially if fines ultimately have little impact

Barcilliant

He needs to be handled properly. He is a big talent. IMO Dembeles ceiling is higher then Mbappes. Mbappe is more mature but Dembele will mature over time. Hopefully the club realizes this and handles the situation. Fine him, keep providing guidance and I'm sure he will be fine.
Messi, Alba and Dembele have been our best players so far this season.

Home of Barca Fans