11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BusiTheKing

Hope we will see him drifting more inwards and playmaking in Messi's absence and that the sense of responsibility will pick up his confidence.

khaled_a_d

Hmm, I don't agree with your numbers.

Those numbers are fact checked, so there isn't much to not agree.
Players like Denis were paid like end of the bench guys, you need to pay salary for those guys anyway.
Our wage bell is only a problem because of Messi and senior players, Dembele might be only Roberto signing that is overpaid
Every club in the world pays salaries to their players, it is ridiculous to calculate them

MTL_Barca

^ seeing how much Dembele is causing our club to bleed cash is depressing.

*Valverde, if anything. :valverde2:

Its really not Dembeles fault we bought him early for a massive fee when we have a manager who would've probably preferred someone like Willian or Di Maria even for the same price.

Dembele has great talent, but we do everything to fuck this whole thing up. It starts with us not being able to play 4-3-3 with Messi+Suarez and ends with Valverde who does absolutely jack to help younger players develop.

We really just bought that kid hoping things would sort themselves out on their own. But he wasn't a world class player when he bought him, when you sign a player like him you need to have a plan what to do with him.

Its not his fault we paid Dortmund 140M for him. So we can't blame him for not being better than Mbappe or becoming the next Neymar but he's still a very talented young player who could absolutely make it here.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

I think there are simply 2 problems with Dembouz. His attitude and Ernie.

Now he has a golden opportunity to prove the doubters wrong. The first problem is 100% on himself. He can't afford to play half-arsed like against Sevilla.

The second... Well I just hope that Ernie still has 2% of a courage of an average human being and will play him (and Malcom).

gasgas

I wish Malcom got as many chances as this guy. We have relegated him to the bench without really seeing what he is capable of. He could be better and more talented than Dembele

Bulgroz

Malcom is not "better" (if you're only talking skill wise), nor more talented. He is cleverer and more hard working than Dembele though. I've said it when he signed for you guys: I'm fairly confident that Malcom is a more complete and mature player than Dembele right now, but Dembele can go much higher. He can also fail miserably, considering his mentality. Would be a terrible waste.

gasgas

Malcom is not "better" (if you're only talking skill wise), nor more talented. He is cleverer and more hard working than Dembele though. I've said it when he signed for you guys: I'm fairly confident that Malcom is a more complete and mature player than Dembele right now, but Dembele can go much higher. He can also fail miserably, considering his mentality. Would be a terrible waste.

In my book being clever and mature is a part of being talented as well

Bulgroz

I guess it depends on what you put behind each term, yes. You get my point though.

I love both players: Dembele because he's a gem, a pretty funny kid, and a frenchie. Malcom because he brought joy to Bordeaux, and was a shining beacon of hope among a very average (to say the least) team when he was there. I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't really had his chance yet, but I'm pretty confident that he won't disappoint if he gets it. He clearly can't be the next Messi, but he can become an impressive winger (and he's already a very good one).

Messigician

Dembele has the talent but not the mentality to make it here. He is a beta male but an alpha.

For example after being dropped Dembele should have been fuming and playing like he had a point to prove to the world.

Like this video of Rooney

https://www.facebook.com/MU.Vines.Fans/videos/2176140439282942/

Instead Dembele strolls around like he is walking in the park.

Lazy player! And it looks like he has no friends at the club either he is not a leader and I expect him to leave the club shortly.

I hope Malcom is given the chance to impress.

wisconsincule

It’s obvious that we panic bought Dembele after Neymar bailed on us. Our hands were tied and the board was going to get him regardless of price but why cant we just support the fucking kid? Yes there are going to be growing pains but he has scored some important goals for us already in his short career. People expect every single one of our players to be the best player at their positions and unfortunately that is quite unrealistic.

Barcilliant

Dembeles biggest problem is Valverde. The retard simply doesn't know how to get the best out of the youngsters.

Get the right manager and Dembele would shine. Valverde doesn't have the right mentality to develop young players.

Messigician

🔵 Vidal could start against Inter Milan and Real Madrid with Messi injured. Valverde is studying to replace Messi's absence with Vidal, to strengthen the center of the field and to bring more muscle and intensity. Valverde was not impressed with Dembele's work ethic against Sevilla, and Vidal is likely to start instead.
🔴 As a Juventus player, Arturo Vidal scored 3 goals in 7 games against Inter Milan, including 2 yellow cards in those 7 games. His record against Inter Milan: 4W 2D 1L

[L'Esportiu de Catalunya]

soul24rage

�� Vidal could start against Inter Milan and Real Madrid with Messi injured. Valverde is studying to replace Messi's absence with Vidal, to strengthen the center of the field and to bring more muscle and intensity. Valverde was not impressed with Dembele's work ethic against Sevilla, and Vidal is likely to start instead.
�� As a Juventus player, Arturo Vidal scored 3 goals in 7 games against Inter Milan, including 2 yellow cards in those 7 games. His record against Inter Milan: 4W 2D 1L

[L'Esportiu de Catalunya]

where would vidal play? rakitic, busi and arthur are certain to play in midfield

Home of Barca Fans